Windows 10: Does Windows Insider Program Dev Channel require an activated Windows 10 installation?

Discus and support Does Windows Insider Program Dev Channel require an activated Windows 10 installation? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently built a new PC for software development purposes. Originally it was going to be a Linux box, but I can't decide on a distro. I saw this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GuinessDraft, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Does Windows Insider Program Dev Channel require an activated Windows 10 installation?

I recently built a new PC for software development purposes. Originally it was going to be a Linux box, but I can't decide on a distro. I saw this article today: [link] which shows they are making major progress on getting the GPU integration with WSL working - it sounds like it's worth a try for Linux development.

In short, I need to hook an installation of Windows 10 up to the Windows 10 Insider Dev Channel and update to the June 17th version.

I'd like to demo this on my hardware to see if it works before committing to purchasing a license of Windows Pro for this box. I really have no use for Windows on this box if this doesn't work (don't need Office or anything), so I don't want to waste the money.

I know you can use Windows without activating it for a while with minor issues, but I wasn't sure if one of those minor issues was hooking up to the Dev Channel or not.

submitted by /u/GuinessDraft
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GuinessDraft, Jun 25, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Laurijan Win User

Hi!

I signed up in the windows insider program and got windows 10 free - the windows 10 insider preview updated to windows 10 pro.
    Today i got another SSD and did a raid 0 on my system forcing me to do a clean install of windows but now it wont activate anymore.
    Signing in with my microsoft account that was linked to the insider program didnt help.
    Maybe i got this problem since i quit the insider program for several days and signed up again after i found out that my win 10 wont activate anymore.
    Any ideas how to fix it?

Lauri

Laurijan, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Does Windows Insider Program Dev Channel require an activated Windows 10 installation?

I couldn't get it to work at all.. I was also told from a friend that it wasn't possible, you may be out of luck.

LightningJR, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Does Windows Insider Program Dev Channel require an activated Windows 10 installation?

1. Does Windows Insider Program Dev Channel require an activated Windows 10 installation? - Similar Threads - Does Insider Program

2. Leaving Windows Insider Program Dev

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Leaving Windows Insider Program Dev: So I have decided to leave Windows Insider Program Dev Channel. My child unknowingly updated to the latest Win preview release 26100 an now my WMR headset no longer works. I'm guessing the only way to start using Mixed Reality again is to do a clean windows install. Here's my...
  3. Leaving Windows Insider Program Dev

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Leaving Windows Insider Program Dev: So I have decided to leave Windows Insider Program Dev Channel. My child unknowingly updated to the latest Win preview release 26100 an now my WMR headset no longer works. I'm guessing the only way to start using Mixed Reality again is to do a clean windows install. Here's my...
  4. Leaving windows insider dev channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Leaving windows insider dev channel: Hello,I want to leave the windows 11 insider dev channel. The only way to do this is to reinstall windows 11, which will wipe all my files and software. I don't mind doing that, but the thing is I have dual-booted my laptop with Debian Linux and was wondering if this process...
  5. Leaving windows insider dev channel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Leaving windows insider dev channel: Hello,I want to leave the windows 11 insider dev channel. The only way to do this is to reinstall windows 11, which will wipe all my files and software. I don't mind doing that, but the thing is I have dual-booted my laptop with Debian Linux and was wondering if this process...
  6. Can’t switch Windows Insider Channel on Windows 11 – Dev or Beta Channel

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t switch Windows Insider Channel on Windows 11 – Dev or Beta Channel: [ATTACH]If you cannot switch Windows Insider Channel on Windows 11, here is a simple fix for you to get rid of this issue. You need to execute a command in Command Prompt to get back all the missing options in the Windows Settings panel in Windows 11. Can you change Windows...
  7. Beta Channel and Dev channel doesn't found in windows Insider Program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Beta Channel and Dev channel doesn't found in windows Insider Program: I want to update windows 11 from Win10, i enabled TPM v2.0 from BIOS but i can't find any Dev Channel or Beta channel in Windows Insider Program. Anyone have any solution regarding this issue?.2...
  8. Insider Program Dev Channel - Can I choose an older build?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Insider Program Dev Channel - Can I choose an older build?: I am using the Microsoft Surface X and recently read about the ARM64 emulator in the Dev Channel. I joined the Insider Program, however they have since December released another build - 21292. (I want 21277). The reason I don't want 21292 is because reports say it breaks the...
  9. Stop getting Windows Insider Dev Channel builds

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop getting Windows Insider Dev Channel builds: Hello, My laptop is currently running the latest build on Windows Insider Dev mode. I want to stop getting preview builds and do a clean install without losing my app, files and settings. When running the Windows 10 Setup, all the options are greyed out apart from "Nothing"...
  10. Windows 10 Dev Channel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Dev Channel: I had just changed from the Windows 10 Beta to Windows 10 Dev Channel. When my computer updated it said Non-System Strike Key Error. And now it always says it when it boots . Can somebody please help....