Windows 10: Does Windows just sync themes with other computers without asking?

Discus and support Does Windows just sync themes with other computers without asking? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a couple of computers, all running windows 10. Work laptop, gaming desktop, and home laptop. My wife exclusively uses the home laptop. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/braveheart18, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Does Windows just sync themes with other computers without asking?

I have a couple of computers, all running windows 10. Work laptop, gaming desktop, and home laptop. My wife exclusively uses the home laptop. I'm working from home most days on my work laptop. There is no link between these two computers, with the exception of my google account which I have logged in to on both. EDIT - I do not use the google account to log in to either computer. That was worded poorly

A couple weeks back both my gaming desktop and my work laptop both had their backgrounds changed to a picture of our newborn baby. While it irked me a little bit that she messed around with my stuff, how could i complain about having a picture of our beautiful baby. However, since the work laptop and desktop share monitors I changed the laptop background back to what it was so I knew which computer was on which monitor.

Now today again my work laptop background changed to a different picture. I told her I'd appreciate it if she didn't mess with my work computer, but she claims she never touched it.

I just discovered today that my computer had a "Sync Theme", which I have since deleted. The two pictures that appeared as my backgrounds are not located on my work laptop anywhere. My wife also claims that she changed her laptops background days ago.

Is windows just messing with me? Is it grabbing a background from another computer on my network and just pushing it to another computer without asking?

submitted by /u/braveheart18
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/braveheart18, Jun 1, 2020
  2. Cliff S Win User

Synced Theme

Try this:

1. Make sure you have all Integration Services for your Win10 VM turned on.
    2. Turn off theme syncing in the VM.
    3. On the host, save the theme for sharing.
    4. Drag & drop the theme to your VM desktop and click & install it.
    5. Now see if there are any differences.
    6. If there are still, it has to do with the virtual hardware.

Cliff S, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Background / theme not syncing (Windows 10 1803)

Hi wjhulzebosch,

For me to provide you with relevant troubleshooting steps to address this problem, I would like to verify the following information:

• Is this the first time you're trying to sync settings in all 5 devices? If not, was syncing working before?
    • Have you logged in your Microsoft account in all 5 devices?

I know that you've already enabled the Sync your settings option in Microsoft Edge, however, I also suggest that you enable the Internet Explorer settings as well, as they use the same sync settings.

If the issue persists, please restart the SettingsSyncHost.exe process and see if your computer is already synced. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click on your taskbar and click Task Manager.
    2. Under Processes, select the Host Process for Settings Synchronization, then click
      End task.
    3. Restart your computer and let the process restart.

Syncing with other devices may take time. I suggest that you give it about 24hrs.

Should the issue persists, please update this thread so I can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Does Windows just sync themes with other computers without asking?

Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Does Windows just sync themes with other computers without asking?

1. Does Windows just sync themes with other computers without asking? - Similar Threads - Does sync themes

2. Windows 10 Sync - no Theme sync available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Sync - no Theme sync available: Bought a new notebook. Set Win 10 Home up. But the theme are not syncing. In sync setting there is no Theme sync available at all. Looked at other PC's with Win10 Pro - on some the Theme sync is available, on other isn't,Why and how to fix?...
  3. Windows 10 Sync - no Theme sync available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Sync - no Theme sync available: Bought a new notebook. Set Win 10 Home up. But the theme are not syncing. In sync setting there is no Theme sync available at all. Looked at other PC's with Win10 Pro - on some the Theme sync is available, on other isn't,Why and how to fix?...
  4. Windows 10 Sync - no Theme sync available

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Syncing themes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing themes: I have been able to sync my clipboard to 2 devices but I unable to sync themes like background colours. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-themes/b9a4f6e8-94eb-4d3c-a3f9-598a1cd33da5
  6. Theme keeps syncing

Theme keeps syncing: Hi guys! There's a problem with my Microsoft account and that's because the theme keeps syncing even though I told it not to sync. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/theme-keeps-syncing/d51a30fb-7178-479c-aa14-18ea45fa7d1f
  7. "Synced Theme" question

"Synced Theme" question: After the update to the latest fall creators update on 2 of my machines I noticed my old synced theme on 2 machines lost its background. Looking at the theme in the personalization settings just showed it set to solid black so I right clicked and removed it incase there was...
  8. Syncing Themes Between Computers

Syncing Themes Between Computers: How do you sync themes between computers? Sometimes it seems to happen automatically, and sometimes it doesn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-themes-between-computers/c2158630-5828-41de-805d-410164c920cd
  9. Synced Theme

Synced Theme: Have created a background, set a specific color to the taskbar, etc. When I check Windows 10 in VMware(!) (Control Panel->Appearance and Personalization->Personalization) I noticed a Synchronized Theme. The background indeed is the same as on my host-pc, however the...
  10. desktop themes syncing

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop themes syncing: Thanks cliff. After a posted this, I went looking. Something told me to check my onedrive. So I went through every file in it and didn't see said picture for theme. So I copied everything to a backup drive. then deleted every thing in one drive. As I did that something...