Windows 10: Does Windows need TrustedInstaller to have access permission for proper functionality?

Discus and support Does Windows need TrustedInstaller to have access permission for proper functionality? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In the process of removing Microsoft's abhorrent built-in software on my Windows 10, I found it necessary to change file ownership from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CodeReaper, May 30, 2020.

1. Does Windows need TrustedInstaller to have access permission for proper functionality?

In the process of removing Microsoft's abhorrent built-in software on my Windows 10, I found it necessary to change file ownership from TrustedInstaller to my account many times. The thought occurred to me to just change the whole damn device to my account ownership since I'm the only user. Will this break Windows functionality in any way, or will it work the same as before, but without arbitrary file restrictions?

submitted by /u/CodeReaper
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CodeReaper, May 30, 2020
  2. Ariel Aba Win User

Windows 10 Home - Getting "TrustedInstaller" permission to edit and remove items.

Hi John,

Based on the initial post that you made, what you did was to give full permission to trustedinstaller. You need to change it to the admin of the computer (LAPTOP-E1UE8UMG\Administrators) instead as outlined on the last link you provided. If you are still
    having issues after changing the permission to the admin, I suggest that you post your issue in the
    TechNet Forums instead. The members there include
    IT professionals that can provide a more advanced recommendation on the next step to resolve your issue.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, May 30, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

4. Does Windows need TrustedInstaller to have access permission for proper functionality?

cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Does Windows need TrustedInstaller to have access permission for proper functionality?

1. Does Windows need TrustedInstaller to have access permission for proper functionality? - Similar Threads - Does need TrustedInstaller

2. Remote Accessed TrustedInstaller?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Accessed TrustedInstaller?: Hello,I am having a very weird experience using my company laptop. It seems that I have the TrustedInstaller Trojan, but that someone or a thing is able to remote access and control the laptop. To the point of it turning on in the night after shutting it down completely. I...
  3. Remote Accessed TrustedInstaller?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Accessed TrustedInstaller?: Hello,I am having a very weird experience using my company laptop. It seems that I have the TrustedInstaller Trojan, but that someone or a thing is able to remote access and control the laptop. To the point of it turning on in the night after shutting it down completely. I...
  4. Cannot change permissions for TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change permissions for TrustedInstaller: I am on a Windows 10 machine and for some reason I can no longer manipulate basic files. Like adding a font to my font folder. I have followed the instructions several times to try and change the folder permissions from TrustedInstaller to myself. Every tutorial shows it...
  5. Cannot change permissions for TrustedInstaller

Cannot change permissions for TrustedInstaller: I am on a Windows 10 machine and for some reason I can no longer manipulate basic files. Like adding a font to my font folder. I have followed the instructions several times to try and change the folder permissions from TrustedInstaller to myself. Every tutorial shows it...
  6. Cannot change permissions for TrustedInstaller

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Does TrustedInstaller have a higher access than SYSTEM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does TrustedInstaller have a higher access than SYSTEM?: Title submitted by /u/OrnEducat5 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/locxrf/does_trustedinstaller_have_a_higher_access_than/
  8. I really need to be able to access a TrustedInstalled folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I really need to be able to access a TrustedInstalled folder: Hello friends. I'm writing today seeking the help of someone willing to help me out. The tl;dr version is I'm denied access to a folder that's currently owned by TrustedInstaller: "You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will...
  9. I really need to be able to access a TrustedInstalled folder

I really need to be able to access a TrustedInstalled folder: Hello friends. I'm writing today seeking the help of someone willing to help me out. The tl;dr version is I'm denied access to a folder that's currently owned by TrustedInstaller: "You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will...
  10. Can't Delete driver needs permission from TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Delete driver needs permission from TrustedInstaller: I'm trying to delete a driver that doesn't work but it won't let me I need permission from TrustedInstaller. Can't delete/change or add permissions or install an older driver over it Any ideas? Ta 59680