Windows 10: Does Windows really download ALL the drivers?

Discus and support Does Windows really download ALL the drivers? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently got new pc, installed windows, as I cannot use cd/dvd anymore I was going to visit friend to burn iso of drivers from mobo, but he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xChuddy, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Does Windows really download ALL the drivers?

Hi, I have recently got new pc, installed windows, as I cannot use cd/dvd anymore I was going to visit friend to burn iso of drivers from mobo, but he told me that Windows downloads all of the drivers beside Nvidia. Is it true? I went to check drivers of my CPU (Ryzen 2700x) and in Device Manager my CPU drivers are from 21.04.2009 (version: 10.0.18362.387), can someone explain this to me?

I haven't used shut up 10, or disabled any updates, i'm on standard microsoft account

submitted by /u/xChuddy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xChuddy, Feb 22, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Satchmo Win User
    Do I really need ATI's driver?

Most everyone will suggest you update everysingle possible driver you can to the newest or most stable/ stock windows drivers usually are generic VGA drivers.

i suggest you go download ATIs newest, as they have bug fixes and improved performance/optimizations.

Satchmo, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

Does Windows really download ALL the drivers?

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Does Windows really download ALL the drivers?

1. Does Windows really download ALL the drivers? - Similar Threads - Does really download

2. Does Windows Defender scan all files that are downloaded?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows Defender scan all files that are downloaded?: Just a question, does windows defender scan all files that i download and quarantine them if they are harmful? Including archives such as rar or zip?...
  3. Does Windows Defender scan all files that are downloaded?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows Defender scan all files that are downloaded?: Just a question, does windows defender scan all files that i download and quarantine them if they are harmful? Including archives such as rar or zip?...
  4. Microsoft store not downloading really at all.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not downloading really at all.: Trying to download Forza Horizon 5 I know a lot of people are downloading it but this is unacceptable. Also, this isn't the first time Microsoft store has taken forever to download a game it did it with Minecraft windows 10 edition, sea of thieves, and Halo wars 2, it was the...
  5. Microsoft store not downloading really at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not downloading really at all.: Trying to download Forza Horizon 5 I know a lot of people are downloading it but this is unacceptable. Also, this isn't the first time Microsoft store has taken forever to download a game it did it with Minecraft windows 10 edition, sea of thieves, and Halo wars 2, it was the...
  6. Microsoft store not downloading really at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. my download speeds are really really low

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my download speeds are really really low: so recently i had to download something for a school project, it is 14.7 mb so it should be taking just a couple seconds right? well no instead its taking 4 hours, why and how is this happening it shouldnt be happening since my storage has 14 gigabytes left its a school...
  8. Really? Image says it all.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Really? Image says it all.: [ATTACH] I mean, why have Active Hours if Windows is gona grind your CPU and HDD access ignoring them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/really-image-says-it-all/2cca8469-a344-4181-9bd5-3031a7d360f2
  9. Does reinstalling windows fix all the driver issues?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does reinstalling windows fix all the driver issues?: I have been facing an issue with the Network adapter. The one I'm having is Intel dual band wireless adapter 3160. It's getting disabled by itself and I need to restart my system to get it back on and sometimes even restarting the system doesn't help. I have installed the...
  10. does this really work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    does this really work: I have never used this for virus protection , how well does it work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/does-this-really-work/39f1da23-179f-4546-8b5e-df5ae03a5715