Windows 10: Does Windows remain when PC is reset?

Discus and support Does Windows remain when PC is reset? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, guys, do you know if Windows 10 will stay if I reset my PC? By default my PC does not have Windows. I bought it separately, that's why I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GamerfreakL, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Does Windows remain when PC is reset?

Hey, guys,

do you know if Windows 10 will stay if I reset my PC?

By default my PC does not have Windows. I bought it separately, that's why I ask.

So my you at the top option will Windows stay? See picture:

Does Windows remain when PC is reset? 0_big.jpg

:)

GamerfreakL, Aug 5, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 5, 2020
  3. jorog(2) Win User
    Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Aug 5, 2020
  4. Does Windows remain when PC is reset?

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Does Windows remain when PC is reset?

1. Does Windows remain when PC is reset? - Similar Threads - Does remain reset

2. Battery time remaining does not show.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery time remaining does not show.: Even going to the settings does not show the time remaining. It shows the time to be fully charged only.I have an HP Elitebook x360 1040 G5The system is also fully updated....
  3. Does Windows remain intact during a biosreset?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does Windows remain intact during a biosreset?: Hello! My PC is currently causing a lot of problems. The PC starts up, but switches itself off immediately after the start before it enters the lockscreen and restarts again. My idea: A reset via Bios. But I wonder if Windows remains after the Bios Reset and reboots...
  4. my pc does not reset

my pc does not reset: my pc does not reset evey time i reset but it doesnt reset what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-does-not-reset/88ace10c-f45b-45d6-bbe5-5c6e4479cb13
  5. Windows 10 does not remain activated

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 does not remain activated: Good morning, I have a problem with the activation of Windows 10, it does not remain activated. I have the digital license via mail, everything there perfect. I am going to configuration - update and security - Activation. There I activate it and Windows 10 activates me ......
  6. Windows remain on desktop when minimizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows remain on desktop when minimizing: The issue is with windows, but not with OS Windows. I have Windows 10 Pro, RocketDock, Rainmeter and Classic Shell. And i have this problem. As you can see, these windows remained on desktop without their outlines, however I minimized them. This things only happen when I...
  7. Windows remain on dekstop when minimizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows remain on dekstop when minimizing: The issue is with windows, but not with OS Windows. I have Windows 10 Pro, RocketDock, Rainmeter and Classic Shell. And i have this problem. As you can see, these windows remained on desktop without their outlines, however I minimized them. This things only happen when I...
  8. Updates remain after Windows Reset?

Updates remain after Windows Reset?: Has anyone ever heard of using Windows Reset feature to remove everything... Yet once complete, you go to Control Panel > See Installed Updates... And there are several updates there? I have a Win 10 laptop 1803.. did a Reset and thats what im seeing. I don't have Restore...
  9. MY PC DOES NOT RESET.

in Windows 10 Customization
    MY PC DOES NOT RESET.: Im using a Windows 10, 2016 HP Pavillion Notebook. I have issues resetting my pc completely i.e, cleaning up all the drives without any backup options. The process starts and at about 9% of the process, once the system has restarted it states that it is undoing all the...
  10. Reset this PC does nothing

Reset this PC does nothing: I bought a used PC that came with Windows 10, upgraded from Windows 7. There are still files and such left over from the previous owner so I wanted to do a complete reset of windows 10 and return to factory defaults. The problem is that when I go to settings/recovery and...