Windows 10: Does windows reset automatically install drivers

Discus and support Does windows reset automatically install drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,After windows reset, does it automatically install all the drivers?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AroshPeiris, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Does windows reset automatically install drivers

Hi,After windows reset, does it automatically install all the drivers?

:)

AroshPeiris, Jun 24, 2021

2. Automatic GPU drivers installed

Hey guys for the past 6 months I've been running a gtx 580 and I've just sent it back today as part of the step up program to get the gtx 680. For the next 2 weeks I will be using my old 9800 gtx+. I installed the card and booted the computer and upon getting to the windows screen, windows searched automatically online and installed drivers. I rebooted and checked the driver version, and sure enough, it had found and installed the latest drivers for my card.

I've always manually installed drivers by starting up the nvidia process and all that, what windows did, was it a sufficient driver install? When I get the gtx 680, I'm assuming it will do this again, would it be a smart idea to manually install the driver or would windows version do the exact same thing? Thanks guys.

lwgnlseven, Jun 24, 2021
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    Stop windows automatic driver install

I'm having a problem with installing a nvidia card. windows 7 automatically installs some wdm 1.1 drivers, then when i install the 195.39 drivers, it gives me less performance. like the cards lags in games when it should run fine.

how can i stop windows from installing the drivers automatically ?

i tried checking the "don't install drivers from windows update" in device manager. it still installs it.

wolf2009, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Does windows reset automatically install drivers

windows automatic driver install

whenever i uninstall my video card drivers and reboot windows will install some random drivers and wont let me stop it. ive checked off the option to not automatically install drivers in advanced system settings but it still does it. how can i stop this?

madswimmer, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Does windows reset automatically install drivers

1. Does windows reset automatically install drivers - Similar Threads - Does reset automatically

2. Does resetting windows also reset drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does resetting windows also reset drivers?: Hello, I reset Windows recently and I have a question, does it reset drivers? I did a soft reset meaning I kept my personal files aswell as files that were installed by my OEM....
  3. Does resetting windows also reset drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does resetting windows also reset drivers?: Hello, I reset Windows recently and I have a question, does it reset drivers? I did a soft reset meaning I kept my personal files aswell as files that were installed by my OEM....
  4. AMD driver automatic instalation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD driver automatic instalation: So i have this old laptop with intel HD graphics, but when i first checked the laptop, the graphics driver had an AMD graphics driver, i knew something was wrong, and after using it hardly for like 30 mins the laptop got a blue screen, then after a little research it some...
  5. AMD driver automatic instalation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD driver automatic instalation: So i have this old laptop with intel HD graphics, but when i first checked the laptop, the graphics driver had an AMD graphics driver, i knew something was wrong, and after using it hardly for like 30 mins the laptop got a blue screen, then after a little research it some...
  6. AMD driver automatic instalation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Drivers for Roland/Edirol UA-4FX does not get installed automatically

Drivers for Roland/Edirol UA-4FX does not get installed automatically: This audio device has Windows 7 drivers and Windows 8.1 drivers, but I haven't been able to install it in Windows 10. I have tried with the 8.1 drivers as they come and also in compatibility mode for W8, and also with the old W7 drivers. In each case it gets to the screen...
  8. Does Windows 10 automatically update Nvidia drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Windows 10 automatically update Nvidia drivers?: Or do I still need GeForce Experience (or manual download) like in 8.1? submitted by /u/sanijaro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ippj12/does_windows_10_automatically_update_nvidia/
  9. Prevent automatic driver installations

Prevent automatic driver installations: After upgrading my pc to windows 10, the os seems to install serval drivers automatically without notifying about the driver packages. I want to disable this feature and prevent windows from downloading drivers automatically...
  10. Disable automatic driver installation in Windows 10

Disable automatic driver installation in Windows 10: How to disable automatic driver installation in Windows 10? I have this Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter (MacBook Pro 2011 w/ Boot Camp) whose driver I need to roll back to an earlier version for things to work properly, however Windows keeps reinstalling the newer version...