Windows 10: Does Windows save BSOD reports on the affected PC?

Discus and support Does Windows save BSOD reports on the affected PC? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know there is the online Microsoft page about Windows 10 BSOD Troubleshooter no longer exists. But I wonder if the SO saves some sort of report for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paultx, May 21, 2020.

1. Paultx Win User

Does Windows save BSOD reports on the affected PC?

I know there is the online Microsoft page about Windows 10 BSOD Troubleshooter no longer exists. But I wonder if the SO saves some sort of report for these errors on the PC itself. If yes, where?

I just got a BSOD and took a picture, but it is blurred and I can't read its text with smaller letters. It seems to me it reads UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION.

Does Windows save BSOD reports on the affected PC? [​IMG]

Any idea? TIA.

Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.836

:)

Paultx, May 21, 2020
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, May 21, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 21, 2020
  4. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Does Windows save BSOD reports on the affected PC? [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Does Windows save BSOD reports on the affected PC? - Similar Threads - Does save BSOD

2. Does deleting files from all drives when resetting PC affect Onedrive saved data and other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does deleting files from all drives when resetting PC affect Onedrive saved data and other...: I’m planning on resetting my PC to sell, however going through the process an unexpected option asking wether to reset all drives appeared. I’m trying to fully remove all my data from the PC so that it can’t be downloaded however I don’t want data on other laptops that are...
  3. Does deleting files from all drives when resetting PC affect Onedrive saved data and other...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does deleting files from all drives when resetting PC affect Onedrive saved data and other...: I’m planning on resetting my PC to sell, however going through the process an unexpected option asking wether to reset all drives appeared. I’m trying to fully remove all my data from the PC so that it can’t be downloaded however I don’t want data on other laptops that are...
  4. Windows Defender is reportedly affecting the performance of Intel CPUs, but there's a fix

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender is reportedly affecting the performance of Intel CPUs, but there's a fix: Kevin Glynn, the developer of popular tools like ThrottleStop and RealTemp has discovered a bug in Windows Defender that was causing it to consume more system resources than was required. He has also released a new app that fixes this problem. [ATTACH] Windows Defender...
  5. Does Windows save Blue Screen Crash Reports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows save Blue Screen Crash Reports: I am running Windows 11 on a new Microsoft Surface Pro 7. Webex has caused a blue screen error forcing an immediate restart 3 times recently, but I have not noted the error codes or captured the QR code displayed before the restart. Is there somewhere on my computer I can go...
  6. Does Windows save Blue Screen Crash Reports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows save Blue Screen Crash Reports: I am running Windows 11 on a new Microsoft Surface Pro 7. Webex has caused a blue screen error forcing an immediate restart 3 times recently, but I have not noted the error codes or captured the QR code displayed before the restart. Is there somewhere on my computer I can go...
  7. Does Windows save BSOD reports on the affected PC?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does Windows save BSOD reports on the affected PC?: I know there is the online Microsoft page about Windows 10 BSOD Troubleshooter no longer exists. But I wonder if the SO saves some sort of report for these errors on the PC itself. If yes, where? I just got a BSOD and took a picture, but it is blurred and I can't read its...
  8. Various BSODs affecting my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various BSODs affecting my PC: Hi, I've been trying to self-troubleshoot some BSODs I've been experiencing recently but, unfortunately, I'm getting nowhere. So I figured it'd be best to consult the experts... I built this computer in September 2019 and have experienced the occasional BSOD ever since....
  9. "Reset this PC" - Does It Affect Any Other Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Reset this PC" - Does It Affect Any Other Partition: I have a desktop I would like to reset. After booting with the boot disk, I went to "Reset This PC". - It would remove all apps I installed. - Set PC settings to 'factory'. - Reinstall windows and keep my files. - I have two backup images of the system partitions; so am...
  10. Tool for automatically saving reports?

in Windows 10 Support
    Tool for automatically saving reports?: Does anyone know of a way or a tool that can automatically generate and save windows log reports? preferbly to external devices? 5785