Windows 10: Does windows security enough?

Discus and support Does windows security enough? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just reinstall the windows and thinking about AV, i want to use my previous AV its AVAST but since they put lots of ads lately, i thinking twice to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mikelferdinan, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Does windows security enough?

I just reinstall the windows and thinking about AV, i want to use my previous AV its AVAST but since they put lots of ads lately, i thinking twice to go back. So i take a look at windows defender/windows security and i want to ask does windows security have shield feature like avast, such as file shield, web shield and behavior shield?

File shield as usual if you click suspicious .exe and file, av will stop/abort this so you dont infected.
    Web shield will act if you visit some suspicious site, etc and they will abort your connection to the site to prevent any suspicious file to enter your computer
    and last is behavior shield i dont quite understand what this actually does, but i think they will warn you if anything suspicious running in background.

I believe WS have File shield. But how about web shield and behavior shield ?

:)

mikelferdinan, Aug 6, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 6, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Aug 6, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Does windows security enough?

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Does windows security enough?

1. Does windows security enough? - Similar Threads - Does security enough

2. Is windows security enough in 2022?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is windows security enough in 2022?: Is windows security enough in 2022? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-windows-security-enough-in-2022/e752c5f3-75cc-4d00-8332-8ef07a7a3b10
  3. Windows does not have enough space error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows does not have enough space error message: Hello, since my C Drive is full I am trying to remove files and move them to an external drive but I keep getting the error message that windows does not have enough space. How can I get these files off the C drive to my external drive? Please help, Important pictures are in...
  4. Is windows security enough protection for my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is windows security enough protection for my PC?: I’ve heard that it doesn’t do live scans and that it can miss a lot of viruses. submitted by /u/iOnlyUseThisToAsk69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/o6ifkc/is_windows_security_enough_protection_for_my_pc/
  5. Is Windows Security good enough to protect my laptop?

Is Windows Security good enough to protect my laptop?: Hi Community,I've been always thinking of buying a Anti-Virus subscription for my laptop as my existing McAfee subscription which came with my laptop has ended. I had no issues using McAfee but only few performance drop sometimes as it took lot of resources once in a while.So...
  6. Is windows security enough to handle Viruses etc?

Is windows security enough to handle Viruses etc?: I am using NOD32 Antivirus, though i don't download unnecessary software, i rarely use my flash drive on other people's pc. I'm using NOD32 cause I'm pretty sure that windows security doesn't provide real time protectionor does it?. Am i using a third party Antivirus software...
  7. Is the windows security enough?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the windows security enough?: Guys I have avast installed and It's kinda kinda slowing down my PC cuz I only hv 6gb of ram so if I uninstall avast will windows security take the job. I stay A LOT on the web soooo... what if I enter a malicious link..? submitted by /u/Apollo_YouTube [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows does not have enough information to verify this certificate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows does not have enough information to verify this certificate: Hi Microsoft Team, There are 3 laptops in the house and 2 of them and all mobiles phone are all working fine with the wifi routers. No issues in connecting to the internet with these devices. Only one of the laptop shows this message "Windows does not have enough...
  9. Windows Security - good enough?

Windows Security - good enough?: New to Windows 10 (Pro) ... upgraded from Windows 7 (Pro) then clean-installed W10 on a Dell 660, clearing out all my software in the process. So now I'm trying to decide whether to reinstall 3P virus/malware/firewall/etc. software. Previously was using Kaspersky. Is Windows...
  10. Enough is enough!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Enough is enough!: After a year of trying to get Win 10 running like I want, I've finally decided to take a break until Windows 10 is fixed. After untold hours trying to correct the number lock problem using all the suggestions out there, enough is enough! And I won't even mention the tin-can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is windows security enough

2. will windows security be enough for my laptop