Windows 10: Does windows show the bluetooth version accurately?

Discus and support Does windows show the bluetooth version accurately? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hiya,I just looked up how to check which Bluetooth version my USB Bluetooth dongle supports and pretty much every tutorial shows the same method.Open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tsukicchi, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Tsukicchi Win User

Does windows show the bluetooth version accurately?

Hiya,I just looked up how to check which Bluetooth version my USB Bluetooth dongle supports and pretty much every tutorial shows the same method.Open device manager > right click on the Bluetooth device and select properties > go to the advanced tab and check the LMP version. This is even what Microsoft themselves show as a way to check, here on this site.https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-bluetooth-version-is-on-my-pc-f5d4cff7-c00d-337b-a642-d2d23b082793It's a Microsoft official site, but still the usual disclaimer. Don't just click any link you see. Had to. Legal reason

:)

Tsukicchi, Aug 17, 2022
  2. P4-630 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle - Support

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400|Adapters|ASUS Global

P4-630, Aug 17, 2022
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Aug 17, 2022
  4. malware Win User

Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Does windows show the bluetooth version accurately? - Similar Threads - Does show bluetooth

2. storage wont show accurately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    storage wont show accurately: I am trying to free up space. I have 28.4GB free I have deleted these selected files at least 10 times and my storage never changes. It remains to say I have 28.4GB free. why is this happening????...
  3. storage wont show accurately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    storage wont show accurately: I am trying to free up space. I have 28.4GB free I have deleted these selected files at least 10 times and my storage never changes. It remains to say I have 28.4GB free. why is this happening????...
  4. storage wont show accurately

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Bluetooth does not show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth does not show: Hello all, just recently i lost my bluetooth setting. it does not show i can turn it off/on. i check my system and it shows i have it on my motherboard but does not show in win10. i have done the steps but none shows how to fix it when it does not even show in your profile....
  6. Bluetooth does not show

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth does not show: Hello all, just recently i lost my bluetooth setting. it does not show i can turn it off/on. i check my system and it shows i have it on my motherboard but does not show in win10. i have done the steps but none shows how to fix it when it does not even show in your profile....
  7. Bluetooth does not show

8. Does windows show the bluetooth version accurately?

Does windows show the bluetooth version accurately?: Hiya,I just looked up how to check which Bluetooth version my USB Bluetooth dongle supports and pretty much every tutorial shows the same method.Open device manager > right click on the Bluetooth device and select properties > go to the advanced tab and check the LMP version....
  9. Does windows show the bluetooth version accurately?

Does windows show the bluetooth version accurately?: Hiya,I just looked up how to check which Bluetooth version my USB Bluetooth dongle supports and pretty much every tutorial shows the same method.Open device manager > right click on the Bluetooth device and select properties > go to the advanced tab and check the LMP version....
  10. Bluetooth driver does not show

Bluetooth driver does not show: Bluetooth driver does not show in device manager or local services. How do I fix? And is there a Bluetooth driver download from Microsoft? I am on a Windows 10....