Windows 10: Does Windows System Restore Actually Work?

Discus and support Does Windows System Restore Actually Work? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello and good day, I have owned numerous computers over time. They have always been new computers except the last one which I got a good used laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by toyoufromme, Sep 11, 2019 at 12:37 PM.

1. Does Windows System Restore Actually Work?

Hello and good day,

I have owned numerous computers over time. They have always been new computers except the last one which I got a good used laptop only a couple years old. In all the computers I have ever owned way back into the 1990s, Windows System Restore has never worked for me, not one time. I have attempted a system restore to an earlier date many times over the years and the feature just does not work. It always comes back with Unsuccessful, no files or programs have been changed. I turn off my anti-virus as suggested by the app and turn off all firewalls. Still System Restore will not restore my computer to an former date. Each time I tried it, I made sure that everything was closed fully and all protection was off. So I finally came on here to ask yall, does the thing actually work at all or is it just a bogus thing put in my computer by Microsoft just to give me false hope that my computer could be set back or restored? Thank you.

:)

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

3. Pinchy Win User
    windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

4. AsRock Win User

Does Windows System Restore Actually Work?

windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Works for me lol.

Thema:

Does Windows System Restore Actually Work?

1. Does Windows System Restore Actually Work? - Similar Threads - Does System Restore

2. VPN does it actually work ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN does it actually work ?: I use Bitdefender security and it includes free VPN so I though I would give it a go and then check out the results. After seeing adverts on tv as well as other places claiming to 'Hide yourself be private' etc I cleared out Edge and Bing browsing/history databases. With...
  3. VPN does it actually work ?

in Windows 10 Support
    VPN does it actually work ?: I use Bitdefender security and it includes free VPN so I though I would give it a go and then check out the results. After seeing adverts on tv as well as other places claiming to 'Hide yourself be private' etc I cleared out Edge and Bing browsing/history databases. With...
  4. Why does System Restore never work for me?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Why does System Restore never work for me?: I have no restore points. I'm just wondering why. Note: There's no panic. System restore has never worked for me since (and during XP). The only times it has ever worked was for minor recovery that I could have done myself manually - in less time. For major recoveries, I use...
  5. Why does System Restore never work for me?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does System Restore never work for me?: I have no restore points. I'm just wondering why. Note: There's no panic. System restore has never worked for me since (and during XP). The only times it has ever worked was for minor recovery that I could have done myself manually - in less time. For major recoveries, I use...
  6. System restore does not work Windows 10 1809 17763.253

in Windows 10 Customization
    System restore does not work Windows 10 1809 17763.253: Today after I got forced on me update to new build of Windows 10 1809 my backups stopped working and after trying to find out why I noticed, that something with System restore is corrupted. The app window starts with this error code: [ATTACH] and then hangs on the...
  7. Does System Restore work better in 10?

Does System Restore work better in 10?: Hi Group, I am trying to decide if it is worth upgrading from 8.1. I have had trouble with the system restore function in 8.1. It does not make as many restore points as in XP, is harder to access, and crashes. Has it been improved in 10? Thanks! Mike *092 20222
  8. System restore does not work blue screen error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restore does not work blue screen error: When I use my system restore I get preparing for system restore screen then goes to blue screen either IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. On 10.0.10586 Windows 10 getting worse by the day. 33326
  9. System restore did not complete message (It actually did)

System restore did not complete message (It actually did): Hi all, I just did a system restore and once my PC rebooted I got the message that it hadn't completed successfully (Second image) I opened the system restore panel to check and see that it actually did complete (First image) So I'm not sure what to do now?...
  10. System Restore Not Working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Restore Not Working: Sys restore not restoring, can make a new restore point no problems but throws this message when attempting to restore. [img] Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 80065