Windows 10: Does Windows System Restore Actually Work?

Discus and support Does Windows System Restore Actually Work? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello and good day, I have owned numerous computers over time. They have always been new computers except the last one which I got a good used laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by toyoufromme, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Does Windows System Restore Actually Work?

Hello and good day,

I have owned numerous computers over time. They have always been new computers except the last one which I got a good used laptop only a couple years old. In all the computers I have ever owned way back into the 1990s, Windows System Restore has never worked for me, not one time. I have attempted a system restore to an earlier date many times over the years and the feature just does not work. It always comes back with Unsuccessful, no files or programs have been changed. I turn off my anti-virus as suggested by the app and turn off all firewalls. Still System Restore will not restore my computer to an former date. Each time I tried it, I made sure that everything was closed fully and all protection was off. So I finally came on here to ask yall, does the thing actually work at all or is it just a bogus thing put in my computer by Microsoft just to give me false hope that my computer could be set back or restored? Thank you.

:)

toyoufromme, Sep 11, 2019

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Pinchy Win User
    windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Sep 11, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Does Windows System Restore Actually Work?

windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Works for me lol.

AsRock, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Does Windows System Restore Actually Work?

1. Does Windows System Restore Actually Work? - Similar Threads - Does System Restore

2. System Restore and Startup Repair does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore and Startup Repair does not work: When I try to boot from the usb flash drive and press Repair Your Computer from the menu, and I try to use Startup Repair, tells me it couldn't repair your PC with the Log File: D:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt.When I try System Restore, and I try to restore to...
  3. System Restore and Startup Repair does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore and Startup Repair does not work: When I try to boot from the usb flash drive and press Repair Your Computer from the menu, and I try to use Startup Repair, tells me it couldn't repair your PC with the Log File: D:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt.When I try System Restore, and I try to restore to...
  4. Windows 11 System Restore flat-out does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 System Restore flat-out does not work.: I deleted my Downloads in my Temporary Files folder from settings, because I thought I had 145 gigs of garbage data. Now everything I ever downloaded is gone. I tried using system restore in multiple ways.I have three different restore points now.*11/18/21 - System*11/20/21 -...
  5. How do I get System Restore to ACTUALLY work in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I get System Restore to ACTUALLY work in Windows 10?: I really want to be able to use system restore I do have backup disks but I am an old timer I'm already familiar with it and really just want my windows settings saved like system restore is supposed to do. It is enabled for C: and does make restore points but they do...
  6. How do I get System Restore to ACTUALLY work in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get System Restore to ACTUALLY work in Windows 10?: I really want to be able to use system restore I do have backup disks but I am an old timer I'm already familiar with it and really just want my windows settings saved like system restore is supposed to do. It is enabled for C: and does make restore points but they do...
  7. System Restore does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore does not work: [ATTACH] So, I keep getting this particular error message every time I try to do a system restore, how do I fix it? I tried using different restore points , but no solution obtained. Can someone help me out? Thanks!...
  8. VPN does it actually work ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN does it actually work ?: I use Bitdefender security and it includes free VPN so I though I would give it a go and then check out the results. After seeing adverts on tv as well as other places claiming to 'Hide yourself be private' etc I cleared out Edge and Bing browsing/history databases. With...
  9. VPN does it actually work ?

in Windows 10 Support
    VPN does it actually work ?: I use Bitdefender security and it includes free VPN so I though I would give it a go and then check out the results. After seeing adverts on tv as well as other places claiming to 'Hide yourself be private' etc I cleared out Edge and Bing browsing/history databases. With...
  10. Does System Restore work better in 10?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Does System Restore work better in 10?: Hi Group, I am trying to decide if it is worth upgrading from 8.1. I have had trouble with the system restore function in 8.1. It does not make as many restore points as in XP, is harder to access, and crashes. Has it been improved in 10? Thanks! Mike *092 20222