Windows 10: Does windows update also update some drivers?

Discus and support Does windows update also update some drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello So, I was wondering if windows update also updates some drivers such as your audio drivers, printers drivers, and etc. or it is only just a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GJG10, Jul 23, 2020.

1. GJG10 Win User

Does windows update also update some drivers?

Hello

So, I was wondering if windows update also updates some drivers such as your audio drivers, printers drivers, and etc. or it is only just a windows update? Sorry for the newbie question. Thank you in advance

:)

GJG10, Jul 23, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. erixx Win User
    Does Windows Update Take 10GB?

Richtclick con "My PC" (Or "My desktop" and "Properties", it tells you if your system has SP1.

1) In your case, I would just reinstall al new (not update or repair), no need to killdisk.

2) Make sure your system is perfectly healthy (Device manager), if needed, install mobo, chipset and SDD drives.

3) Run Winupdate, it will install updates step by step, not 200 at once.

4) Check each step before proceding to next step. Read WinUpdate error messages early (also in Event viewer/System filter by error and warning).

erixx, Jul 30, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Does windows update also update some drivers? - Similar Threads - Does update update

2. Windows Update deleting some of my drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update deleting some of my drivers: I am using Windows 11 Pro. I've noticed one thing for the couple of months: Windows, whenever updates itself, auto-deletes my AMD graphics and chipset drivers. I find it very annoying having to reinstall those drivers after every single update. Is there any permanent fixes to...
  3. Windows Update deleting some of my drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update deleting some of my drivers: I am using Windows 11 Pro. I've noticed one thing for the couple of months: Windows, whenever updates itself, auto-deletes my AMD graphics and chipset drivers. I find it very annoying having to reinstall those drivers after every single update. Is there any permanent fixes to...
  4. some devices drivers are not updated by windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some devices drivers are not updated by windows: All, some devices, screenshot attached are not updated by windows. thank you for your support in advance to identify those devices and guide me find, download, and update their drivers....
  5. some devices drivers are not updated by windows

some devices drivers are not updated by windows: All, some devices, screenshot attached are not updated by windows. thank you for your support in advance to identify those devices and guide me find, download, and update their drivers....
  6. some devices drivers are not updated by windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Does resetting windows also reset drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does resetting windows also reset drivers?: Hello, I reset Windows recently and I have a question, does it reset drivers? I did a soft reset meaning I kept my personal files aswell as files that were installed by my OEM....
  8. Does resetting windows also reset drivers?

Does resetting windows also reset drivers?: Hello, I reset Windows recently and I have a question, does it reset drivers? I did a soft reset meaning I kept my personal files aswell as files that were installed by my OEM....
  9. Does resetting windows 10 also update your drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does resetting windows 10 also update your drivers?: I am resetting my Alienware m15 to factory settings soon, does this also update your drivers? Thanks submitted by /u/SmaIIpp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mm49rv/does_resetting_windows_10_also_update_your_drivers/
  10. Disabling WU will disable Drivers Update also?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling WU will disable Drivers Update also?: My PC is a Production Machine and I do not want to lose time with broken updates, so I decided to completely disable the Windows Update in Services. Will this also Disable the Drivers Updates by means of the Online Search and Install? Thank you 65969