Windows 10: Does windows update automatically restart your pc when idle ?

Discus and support Does windows update automatically restart your pc when idle ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I left my pc for an hours, when i came back i saw white dot circle on my screen and continue with getting update ready or windows ready message (i cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mikelferdinan, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Does windows update automatically restart your pc when idle ?

I left my pc for an hours, when i came back i saw white dot circle on my screen and continue with getting update ready or windows ready message (i cant quite remember) and logon screen appear as usual. And i remember my windows downloading update couple hours ago, because i saw this on task manager.My question is, does windows update automatically install and restart your pc when idle? And when i can check this setting ?

:)

mikelferdinan, Jul 11, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jul 11, 2019
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Jul 11, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Does windows update automatically restart your pc when idle ?

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Does windows update automatically restart your pc when idle ? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Does windows update automatically restart your pc when idle ?

1. Does windows update automatically restart your pc when idle ? - Similar Threads - Does update automatically

2. Random Restarts When Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Restarts When Idle: My computer keeps randomly restarting when left idle for a bit. I have attached my .dmp files. Assistance would be greatly appreciated!https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZGwHST52tMmk0JeDmp37KhZA1E0kaT57?usp=drive_link...
  3. Random Restarts When Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Restarts When Idle: My computer keeps randomly restarting when left idle for a bit. I have attached my .dmp files. Assistance would be greatly appreciated!https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZGwHST52tMmk0JeDmp37KhZA1E0kaT57?usp=drive_link...
  4. Your PC will automatically restart in one minute.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Your PC will automatically restart in one minute.: Hello, I have an Asus ZenBook Flip S UX371EA and I'm having this problem named on the title everytime I connect my computer to the internet. I tried to reset my computer, but it's not resetting, I get the message "There was a problem resetting your PC". Help :Edit: also tried...
  5. Restart - Automatic repair system & Diagnosing your PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restart - Automatic repair system & Diagnosing your PC: After using the DISM restore health cmd prompt, whenever I restart my PC it boots up showing the ACER logo with the automatic repair system screen, then transitions to "diagnosing your PC", until prompting me to restart my computer due to "Failing to restart the computer."...
  6. Windows 10 Restarting when Idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Restarting when Idle: For about a week or so my Windows 10 Home PC keeps restarting when I've been idle for about 10 or so minutes. If I periodically move the mouse or type on the keyboard it doesn't restart. The computer will restart even if I'm doing something passively, like watching a full...
  7. Computer restarting when idling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarting when idling: I have had a series of problems following recent Windows 10 Updates. Everything seems to have slowed down. The most recent issue is that my PC is restarting whenever I leave it idling for any length of time. Can anyone help?...
  8. Your pc will automatically restart in one minute

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your pc will automatically restart in one minute: Hi, Every morning when I start up my laptop - I get the attached message displayed.After clicking on "Close" - it will reboot and only then, Windows would start up properly. Any suggestions? Thanks. [IMG]...
  9. How to stop windows 10 from automatically restarting to update when pc is idle?.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop windows 10 from automatically restarting to update when pc is idle?.: This is a very annoying feature, I generally leave my PC on at night and when there's an update that needs a restart then windows restarts automatically when the PC is idle even though I left it on to download things... How can I disable that? or at least make it stop...
  10. Windows 10 issues restarting automatically pc during idle and gaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 issues restarting automatically pc during idle and gaming: Hi everyone new poster here Specs 4930k I7 Graphics Gtx Titan motherboard rampage IV ram 16gb ddr3 PSU 1200W win10 64bit Hi all i am in need of some help with windows 10 I have had computer restarting at random times during gaming and just normal watching videos on...