Windows 10: Does Windows10 debounce correctly mice keys?

Discus and support Does Windows10 debounce correctly mice keys? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am asking here for your experience. Since the fall 2019 Windows 10 X64 update I have got on several systems increasing problems with resizing and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rin67630, Jan 16, 2020.

1. rin67630 Win User

Does Windows10 debounce correctly mice keys?

I am asking here for your experience.
    Since the fall 2019 Windows 10 X64 update I have got on several systems increasing problems with resizing and moving Windows.
    There is a community thread here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ications/f446a921-30c6-472d-bda1-691509355c0e
    which was reported about 1650 times and was closed by Microsoft on the statement that it is a hardware problem.

It is true that a new mouse eliminates the effect.
    But on the other side, I can confirm that the "defective" mice do work perfectly under a different operating system on the same hardwareand they do work perfectly on EVERY other system I have tested them on: older notebooks with Windows 7, tablets with Windows8, Android, Smartphones etc...

Obviously Windows 10 gets into trouble when the mouse buttons are bouncing somewhat more than usual.
    All mechanical keys are bouncing, that is unavoidable, the software must care for that.
    IMHO Windows 10 has got too touchy on that and does not debounce enough mice clicks.
    All Other OSes do catch that better.

Have you got similar experiences?

It is IMHO not acceptable and not sustainable having to dump an else perfectly working hardware, just because the OS has narrowed tolerances on debouncing keys. Why?

:)

rin67630, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

After Windows update Mice is not working in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if I t

Method 1: Run hardware and device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2.Try updating the latest Mice and other pointing devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Mice and other pointing devices.

c. Right-click on the HID compliant mouse and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jan 16, 2020
  3. How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Thanks; yes, those are great directions and did work to change the direction of the wired mouse that came with the computer. But the mouse I'm using doesn't show up as a mouse in the hardware list, so I can't follow the rest of those steps. I need the mouse to appear on the list of mice in order to complete this sequence.

salishsong, Jan 16, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Does Windows10 debounce correctly mice keys? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Does Windows10 debounce correctly mice keys? - Similar Threads - Does Windows10 debounce

2. Entering Correct Bitlocker Key, but PC Still does Not Recover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Entering Correct Bitlocker Key, but PC Still does Not Recover: Hello there,I am experiencing my 2ndsignificant Bitlocker problem on my Dell laptop.My Dell laptop is going to the blue Bitlocker screen upon powering on. I DO have the correct Bitlocker key.However, after I enter the key and click on Continue, the laptop goes to another blue...
  3. mice

in Windows 10 Customization
    mice: I have a new hp desktop and a 3 yr. old hp laptop. I want the desktop mouse to be lefthanded and the laptop mouse to be righthanded. This was ok with my old desktop but since I got my new desktop every time I change one mouse the other changes as well I even tried a wired...
  4. Windows10 Product Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 Product Key: I just changed my computer and I need to put the product key to install windows. I had windows in my old pc. Do i need to buy windows again or can I do something about it? submitted by /u/volicloppo [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows10 Copy/Paste not working correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows10 Copy/Paste not working correctly: I am attempting to copy files from my C: Drive SSD to any one of my external drives. It appears to be successful however when viewing the copied files I will notice that while all the file names are correct a bunch are just a copy of the same file over and over. Let me...
  6. Product Key Windows10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key Windows10: dear I have formated my HP laptop which had original windoes10 home preloaded. I do not remember the product key No. Can I retrieve the Number now, or can the Supplier help me get the number if I give them the Laptop Serial number which is given beneath the laptop?...
  7. Windows10 Calculator Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 Calculator Key: Is there anyway to program the default windows calculator key to only open the same window and not opening a new multiple windows each time key is pressed? Typically, at the end of the work day I have several calculator tabs open. :) Thanks. submitted by /u/michaelfaggan...
  8. Windows10 Activation Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows10 Activation Key: I SCRATCH BADLY THE KEYS FROM CD COVER HOW CAN I RETAIN IT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-activation-key/f43b07fd-2fc3-4ea5-aa42-99793c00c8a6
  9. mice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mice: After Update Windows 10 pro 19624 mice not working properly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mice/dd69588f-dadb-4cea-8b14-96f32be139d6
  10. Windows10 shortcut keys..

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows10 shortcut keys..: ..just spotted this list of WindowsKey+ type shortcuts: 32 New Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10 - neat! *Cool 14371