Windows 10: Does Windows10 have Easy transfer properties?

Discus and support Does Windows10 have Easy transfer properties? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does windows 10 have Easy Transfer property?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulPeek-Philpott, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Does Windows10 have Easy transfer properties?

Does windows 10 have Easy Transfer property?

:)

PaulPeek-Philpott, Nov 29, 2018

2. trying to transfer photos iphone4s to windows10 (upgrade) to the computer,

trying to transfer photos on iphone4s to windows10 (upgrade) to the computer, went to recognize devices its listed there, also there is a small message no iphone driver. with previous windows was easy on the computer to transfer. can any one help me out.
    thanks.

CarloA_105, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Easy Transfer program

Hi John,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

Sorry to inform you that Easy Transfer program is not available in Windows 10. For more clarification you may refer to the suggestion provided by Andre Da Costa in the thread mentioned below.

Windows Easy Transfer in windows 10 ?

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Does Windows10 have Easy transfer properties?

Restoring a Windows Easy Transfer .mig file to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

Restoring a .MIG file using Windows Easy Transfer won’t work from an x64 to an x86 Operating system.

Download USMT4 MigRecover Utility
    here
    and follow the below steps:

• Download the MigRecover Utility for USMT4 from one of the links above
    • Extract the downloaded archive to a desired location
    • Start by renaming the .MIG file to SaveData.MIG
    • Create a destination folder for the extracted “raw” files
    • Open an elevated command prompt (right-click – Run as Administrator)
    • Browse to the desired folder location containing “MigRecover.exe”
    • Type the following command: MigRecover.exe [.MIG file location] [Destination folder].

As Easy Transfer is not available in Windows 10, I suggest you to try recovering your files from Windows.old folder. As upgrading from Windows create a Windows.old folder in the drive where operating system resides.

I suggest you to refer to the below given Windows article and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/windows-easy-transfer-is-not-available-in-windows-10

Refer to the suggestions provided by Andre Da Costa June 19, 2015 in the following link:

How to manually backup and restore your files

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you.

Deepak..Raghav, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Does Windows10 have Easy transfer properties?

1. Does Windows10 have Easy transfer properties? - Similar Threads - Does Windows10 Easy

2. Easy-Peasy PC2PC Transfer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easy-Peasy PC2PC Transfer?: I have a 10-year old Dell XPS 8700 desktop PC that is running Windows 10 and still working nicely. However, I know it can’t last forever, so I am being proactive and getting ready to purchase a new one. I am very concerned about moving everything from the old PC to the new....
  3. Easy-Peasy PC2PC Transfer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easy-Peasy PC2PC Transfer?: I have a 10-year old Dell XPS 8700 desktop PC that is running Windows 10 and still working nicely. However, I know it can’t last forever, so I am being proactive and getting ready to purchase a new one. I am very concerned about moving everything from the old PC to the new....
  4. Easy-Peasy PC2PC Transfer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Transfer Windows& Data easy?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer Windows& Data easy?: Hey there, my SSD where windows is installed is saturated, I don’t have any storage left on it, so I bought a nvme m.2 SSD and I wanted to know: Is there a program or software that does data and os transfer from one to another drive? The program can cost money I dont care...
  6. Using Windows Easy Transfer

Using Windows Easy Transfer: I used Windows Easy Transfer and stored the files on a flash drive. Can you access the files on the drive? the extension is mig. I cannot view what files were transferred. Once you have transferred the files to a new version of Windows is the stored files on the flash...
  7. does Win10 home version (1803) have the "Windows Easy Transfer" function available in Win 8 ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    does Win10 home version (1803) have the "Windows Easy Transfer" function available in Win 8 ?: or is there another ulitity in Win 10 that will allow me to easily transfer backup data files ONLY (like docs, photos, videos) from and external usb drive to the "C" drive of a new PC ? (without restoring entire system backup and messing with the new PC's O.S.)...
  8. Easy Transfer - W10 The solution

Easy Transfer - W10 The solution: Copy migwiz folder from any W7 machine to a USB drive and run migwiz.exe from there. Havent had any issues and have run on a dozen machines with W10 home & pro installed. No issues. Hopes this helps someone. Vinny O'Brien...
  9. Easy Way to Transfer Account Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Easy Way to Transfer Account Settings: I think I have a corrupted Windows Account. I could not find an easy way to transfer my existing one to a new one I made. Also the new account has a different name under users since I cannot use my original name. Any suggestions on how to solve these two problems?...
  10. Does 10 have anything like "Windows Easy Transfer" yet?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does 10 have anything like "Windows Easy Transfer" yet?: I know there are numerous "good" reasons why the Easy Transfer tool was done away with by Microsoft, and I am not here to debate those reasons or re-hash discussions on these reasons. What I want to know is the following: Is the tool likely to make a return to 10 -- in...