Windows 10: Doesn't delete

Discus and support Doesn't delete in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can someone help me please? It doesn't want to delete a file like if I delete it using the Shift+Delete it doesn't show the delete thingy it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rip, Oct 9, 2015.

1. RIP
    Rip Win User

Doesn't delete

Can someone help me please?
    It doesn't want to delete a file like if I delete it using the Shift+Delete it doesn't show the delete thingy it just doesn't do anything and I tried to rename the file and then it says windows explorer not responding please help me

:)

2. #DELETE Win User

Windows 10 Calendar | Remove "Microsoft Account" default calendar

Is there more information about this? I'm having the same issue, and it's driving me nuts(OCD alert)!

Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.693)

Mail and Calendar 17.7812.42257.0

Microsoft People 10.1.3410.0

Store 11610.1001.25.0

Login to Windows using a 'Local Account', not a 'Microsoft Account'.
    Doesn't delete [​IMG]

Two accounts from an unrelated provider. One for e-mail using IMAP+SMPT, another for calendar/contacts using CalDav+CardDav (iCloud). I censored the second account name due to bad languageDoesn't delete :).
    Doesn't delete [​IMG]

And yet, when opening the Calendar. There is an entry for 'Microsoft Account Calendar', wich is unable to be managed.

Doesn't delete [​IMG]

Things I've tried to fix this:

- Removed and added accounts (Using both 'Calendar-->Manage Accounts' and 'Settings-->Accounts')

- Removed and installed Mail/Calendar/People (Using PowerShell and Store)

- Run Microsoft Troubleshooter for Windows Store

- Run SFC /scannow

- Run DISM /RestoreHealth

- Switched to Microsoft Account, and back to local

- A combination and multiplication of all the above!

So far no fix is noticeable and the problem persist. Where does that 'Microsoft Account' entry comes from? And more important, how to remove it?!

I would really appriciate if Microsoft gave some attention to this issue, and help us solve this.

With kind regards,

#DELETE, Oct 9, 2015
  3. #DELETE Win User
    Windows 10 Calendar | Remove "Microsoft Account" default calendar

Is there more information available to finally solve this issue? An response from Microsoft would be nice.

With kind regards,

#DELETE, Oct 9, 2015
  4. Word Man Win User

Doesn't delete

Hi, Rip, and welcome to TenForums.

Can you provide a few more pieces of info?

1) What was your installation path/methods to get to WIn10 Pro?

2) Can you post a screenshot of or describe what indications you get from the Performance tab of Task Manager, especially right after the failure to delete?

Word Man, Oct 10, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Also what is the full path of the file?

Ztruker, Oct 10, 2015
  6. YOU
    You Win User
    What happens if right click the file, hold Shift, and click Delete?

If I encounter a file that refuses to delete, I usually use IObit Unlocker or Unlocker.

Another method I use is restarting. If the file is running, the restart process should kill it.

7. RIP
    Rip Win User
    I got Windows 10 from Windows 7 in the task bar there was an icon saying "Get Windows 10"

And here is a screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/2EookX9.png

8. Word Man Win User

Doesn't delete

Hmmmm. Nothing strange on the screenshot other than your memory at 82% usage seeming kind of high....

And no error messages when you try to delete, even after waiting a bit, just no response? Can you simply click on another file without getting the not responding message?

Path to the file like Ztruker asked for might also be useful in narrowing it down - especially if it's a permissions problem and it's just not telling you so.

The Disk part of the screenshot shows at least 5 lettered drives - what does your disk layout look like in Disk Management?

Word Man, Oct 10, 2015
  9. RIP
    Rip Win User
    It doesn't give any message just when I press shift+delete or delete only it doesn't do anything and iI tried to rename it then it says windows explorer not responding and the path is the desktop

10. Word Man Win User
    Next suggestion, check ownership and change ownership to you as user (sure you're have administrator in the user you are logged into?) of the Desktop or the file in question itself. Follow the tutorial, using Option 4, here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Word Man, Oct 10, 2015
  11. RIP
    Rip Win User
    Thanks now it deletes i don't know what was the problem i just woke up and tried to delete then it deleted thanks for who tried to help! *Smile*Smile*Smile

12. Word Man Win User
    Amazing what problems can sort themselves after some sleep!*Smile

Word Man, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Doesn't delete

1. Doesn't delete - Similar Threads - Doesn't delete

2. How to configure storage sense so that it doesn't delete unused cloud-backed content on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to configure storage sense so that it doesn't delete unused cloud-backed content on my...: Hi, I want to be able to configure storage sense on multiple computers but I don't want to have cloud backed up content to be deleted on my them. So if I have the local available cloud content to be configured to "Never", would it disregard removing unused cloud-backed...
  3. How to configure storage sense so that it doesn't delete unused cloud-backed content on my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to configure storage sense so that it doesn't delete unused cloud-backed content on my...: Hi, I want to be able to configure storage sense on multiple computers but I don't want to have cloud backed up content to be deleted on my them. So if I have the local available cloud content to be configured to "Never", would it disregard removing unused cloud-backed...
  4. Storage sense not working properly doesn't delete files from recycle bin that has been...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage sense not working properly doesn't delete files from recycle bin that has been...: I have configured my Storage sense to delete files from Recycle Bin if they have been there for 60 days or more. However, after one manual run where it deleted a measly 876 Mb out of a few terabytes, it now claims "We couldn't free up any more disk space", despite the fact...
  5. Storage sense not working properly doesn't delete files from recycle bin that has been...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage sense not working properly doesn't delete files from recycle bin that has been...: I have configured my Storage sense to delete files from Recycle Bin if they have been there for 60 days or more. However, after one manual run where it deleted a measly 876 Mb out of a few terabytes, it now claims "We couldn't free up any more disk space", despite the fact...
  6. Storage sense not working properly doesn't delete files from recycle bin that has been...

7. How can I remove or delete this folder when it doesn't exist in my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove or delete this folder when it doesn't exist in my laptop?: I upgraded my laptop into a 1tb nvme drive and I thought everything was fine. I was checking everything and nothing went wrong from what I know and it just felt like nothing changed apart from having a bigger storage.I then clicked on the Creative Cloud folder only to be met...
  8. How can I remove or delete this folder when it doesn't exist in my laptop?

How can I remove or delete this folder when it doesn't exist in my laptop?: I upgraded my laptop into a 1tb nvme drive and I thought everything was fine. I was checking everything and nothing went wrong from what I know and it just felt like nothing changed apart from having a bigger storage.I then clicked on the Creative Cloud folder only to be met...
  9. Windows defender bug still not fix, workaround doesn't work. Deleted threats are reported...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender bug still not fix, workaround doesn't work. Deleted threats are reported...: This one doesn't helphttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-shows-an-deleted-threat/b071cd2d-4364-4ca2-961c-dc430a841b14in win 11 there are no permissions to delete anything inside C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\HistoryI tried...
  10. Windows defender bug still not fix, workaround doesn't work. Deleted threats are reported...

Windows defender bug still not fix, workaround doesn't work. Deleted threats are reported...: This one doesn't helphttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-shows-an-deleted-threat/b071cd2d-4364-4ca2-961c-dc430a841b14in win 11 there are no permissions to delete anything inside C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\HistoryI tried...