Windows 10: Doesn't recognise boot file in the USB stick

Discus and support Doesn't recognise boot file in the USB stick in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ny0l92 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g50o2l/doesnt_recognise_boot_file_in_the_usb_stick/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ny0l92, Apr 20, 2020.

1. /u/Ny0l92 Win User

Doesn't recognise boot file in the USB stick

/u/Ny0l92, Apr 20, 2020
  2. RobGaal Win User

Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Current password doesn t work incorrect. Reset password requirs some usb stick which is not in my posession. Any ideas ? Try to access microsoft account but non of my email adress is recognised so cannot try this option.

RobGaal, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Cefizelj' Win User
    USB Device (USB Stick) Not Recognised by Windows 10

Hello auggy! I did what you suggested. I have found greyed-out "USB Mass Storage Device" entry corresponded to not working USB Stick, uninstalled it, plugged back the Stick but unfortunately story is the same (see the snipping below). USB Stick is still
    not working. Any new suggestions?

Actually this not working USB Stick is not a big deal, I can use thousands of other USB Sticks instead. But I would really like to find out, why this particular Stick is not working. What is causing that this Stick is not recognised. Actually the whole series
    of USB Sticks (JetFlash 700/730 - 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB) is not recognised on my computer, because they are all using the same driver. It would be the best to manually re-install driver for this particular USB Stick series (delete the old one's remains, install
    the new one), but manufacturer does not offer drivers at his download page.

Doesn't recognise boot file in the USB stick cd97f47c-3f1e-43e8-bbab-b3cc6376e3f0.jpg

Cefizelj', Apr 20, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Doesn't recognise boot file in the USB stick [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Doesn't recognise boot file in the USB stick - Similar Threads - Doesn't recognise boot

2. USB port recognises phone and USB stick, but won't recognise mouse devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port recognises phone and USB stick, but won't recognise mouse devices: Hello,I use a Lenovo Legion 7, running Windows 11 Pro, and one of my USB ports has abruptly stopped working exclusively with mouse devices. My phone and two different USB sticks seem to be unaffected. This issue seems to be rather specific in the fact it only affects mouse...
  3. USB port recognises phone and USB stick, but won't recognise mouse devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB port recognises phone and USB stick, but won't recognise mouse devices: Hello,I use a Lenovo Legion 7, running Windows 11 Pro, and one of my USB ports has abruptly stopped working exclusively with mouse devices. My phone and two different USB sticks seem to be unaffected. This issue seems to be rather specific in the fact it only affects mouse...
  4. Win 11 doesn't recognise USB Mad Catz F.L.Y. 5 Flight Stick.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 doesn't recognise USB Mad Catz F.L.Y. 5 Flight Stick.: Please help.Mad Catz F.L.Y. 5 Flight Stick, model code : MCB43302Issue : In Device Manager ;Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request FailedAttempted the 8 steps to get this device recognised Top 8 Ways to Fix Windows 11 Not Recognizing USB Devices - Guiding Tech.This...
  5. Win 11 doesn't recognise USB Mad Catz F.L.Y. 5 Flight Stick.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 doesn't recognise USB Mad Catz F.L.Y. 5 Flight Stick.: Please help.Mad Catz F.L.Y. 5 Flight Stick, model code : MCB43302Issue : In Device Manager ;Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request FailedAttempted the 8 steps to get this device recognised Top 8 Ways to Fix Windows 11 Not Recognizing USB Devices - Guiding Tech.This...
  6. Making a USB Boot Stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Making a USB Boot Stick: I keep getting Error 0x8004255A-oxA001B. Three times, on different USB sticks. Please Advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-a-usb-boot-stick/ddd8a4e8-1408-4446-bb1e-b5837d145275
  7. USB stick not recognised by Windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB stick not recognised by Windows?: Windows 10 home fully updated: I have a usb 2 stick that came with a hardware package, the stick is supposed to have the needed software and manual on it. My problem is that Windows does not see the stick ( it doesn't exist ). I was wondering if there was a way to get Windows...
  8. usb stick for boot issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    usb stick for boot issue: Hi, I want to build an usb stick for boot, to install Windows 10 Pro on an Acer 515-55 laptop. I purchased an electronic license, so I have to build my own stick. Bios needs FAT32 format stick, and ISO file provided by Microsoft on download is like 5 GB [it has...
  9. USB stick not recognised in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB stick not recognised in Windows 10: USB stick not recognised in Windows 10? Other thread was locked so here is a alternative solution that worked for me. I tried all the regedit deletes, plug and play on/off or switch to 'Automatic' etc with no luck. My 64GD Sandisk USB still would not work but did on other...
  10. boot from USB stick?

in Windows 10 Support
    boot from USB stick?: Hi All, I just purchased a new windows 10, which came as a USB Flash stick and Im curious if I can use it as an emergency boot USB? in case computer wont boot normally? Thnx! 21792