Windows 10: doesnt sleep when i click sleep

Discus and support doesnt sleep when i click sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; when i press sleep it just turns the display off and i went into advanced power options and the sleep button is supposed to make my PC sleep submitted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SparklesTheT_Rex, Mar 27, 2023.

1. doesnt sleep when i click sleep

when i press sleep it just turns the display off and i went into advanced power options and the sleep button is supposed to make my PC sleep

submitted by /u/SparklesTheT_Rex
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SparklesTheT_Rex, Mar 27, 2023

2. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 27, 2023
  3. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Mar 27, 2023
  4. doesnt sleep when i click sleep

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 27, 2023
Thema:

doesnt sleep when i click sleep

1. doesnt sleep when i click sleep - Similar Threads - doesnt sleep click

2. A file that puts the computer to sleep when clicked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A file that puts the computer to sleep when clicked?: I am trying to make a desktop icon which when clicked puts the computer to sleep. I tried searching a lot but didn't find anything.Maybe a batch file would work by changing the icon of a shortcut. But I can't find a command that puts windows 10 to sleep.The code I found...
  3. A file that puts the computer to sleep when clicked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A file that puts the computer to sleep when clicked?: I am trying to make a desktop icon which when clicked puts the computer to sleep. I tried searching a lot but didn't find anything.Maybe a batch file would work by changing the icon of a shortcut. But I can't find a command that puts windows 10 to sleep.The code I found...
  4. A file that puts the computer to sleep when clicked?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My computer will not sleep when it is supposed to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer will not sleep when it is supposed to sleep: I have updated my monitor and network adaptorsI have updated my motherboard bios, my windows update latest version as of Tuesday, my drivers, my undergarmentsI have turned off Wake On Lan magic bullet on the network adaptorI have turned off allow waketimersI have turned off...
  6. Laptop restarts itself when waking from sleep or clicking for sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restarts itself when waking from sleep or clicking for sleep mode: My Lenovo Legion 5 laptop restarts itself when I try to wake it from sleep. It doesn't happen every time. But it is really annoying. I updated my all drivers including bios, nothing helped. Fast startup also did not solve my problem. [ATTACH]...
  7. Computer wakes itself from sleep ONLY when I manually put it to sleep. When it auto-sleeps...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer wakes itself from sleep ONLY when I manually put it to sleep. When it auto-sleeps...: Pretty much the title but I'll expand a bit. If I manually put the computer to sleep, the computer will wake itself up after about 10-15 minutes. If the computer auto-sleeps, (currently configured to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity) it will not wake itself up but stays...
  8. Windows shuts down when I click Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows shuts down when I click Sleep: When I click Sleep in the shutdown menu or press the sleep button on my keyboard it shitsdown. Version: 2004 Build: 19041.264 submitted by /u/Jan_Kal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gs8brn/windows_shuts_down_when_i_click_sleep/
  9. Skype doesnt ring when PC is in sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Skype doesnt ring when PC is in sleep mode?: Hi, not sure if this is normal or not, or if theres a way to fix it, but Skype doesnt ring when the pc is asleep. all the other side heres is a offline signal. Is that normal... or can it be changed to ring while sleeping? Its quite annoying as my dad and I are constantly...
  10. Windows 10 freezes when I click sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 freezes when I click sleep: Hello, I recently started having an issue where when I click the sleep button in the start menu on my desktop, my monitors turn off, but my computer does not actually go to sleep. When I press a button on my keyboard to turn the monitors back on, nothing happens, so I have...