Windows 10: Doing a COPY From A Line i Highlighted In A MAIL eMail: How ?

Discus and support Doing a COPY From A Line i Highlighted In A MAIL eMail: How ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I give up. Just can't figure it out. Using MAIL with W10. I received an eMail, highlighted a few lines of it that I want to place into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Robert11 Win User

Doing a COPY From A Line i Highlighted In A MAIL eMail: How ?

Hello,

I give up. Just can't figure it out.

Using MAIL with W10.

I received an eMail, highlighted a few lines of it that I want
    to place into Notepad.

The lines I selected are highlighted.
    Great.

Now what, please ?

Right clicking does nothing.
    Can't find a COPY command anywhere.

Where is it, please ? How do I do it ?

Thanks for help, stay safe,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Sep 5, 2020

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Sep 5, 2020
  3. I am trying to email a word document to myself.

I would suggest you cancel everything open and start fresh using just these steps:

• Open your Mail app or website
    • Click the New button and write a new email message with your address in the To line
    • Click the Attachment paperclip button and select your Word file to attach
    • Click Send

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 5, 2020
  4. Larnu Win User

Office 2013 Mail Merge sending no emails

I used to have no problems sending a Mail merge on Windows 7, however, trying to do one today on Windows 10, and it's simply not working.

I've done everything the same, using an excel document as the data source, and that works fine. When I select Finish & Merge -> Send Email Documents and then OK, Word makes it appear it worked (all the dynamic values change to those of the contacts as it cycles through sending each email), but that's it. Not one email is sent; nothing in my sent items and nothing shows that any of those contacts have been email on our exchange or email archive software.

I've seen that people suggest that Outlook is my default app (it is). Double checked the registry key as well Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\(Default) has the value Microsoft Outlook.

I've literally done nothing different from when doing this on Windows 7; seems that the searches seem to suggest that it's a common problem as well, but everyone seems to say they had a problem and disappears from their support request (and most answer tell you to check the above registry key).

Larnu, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Doing a COPY From A Line i Highlighted In A MAIL eMail: How ? - Similar Threads - Doing COPY Line

2. How to copy certain lines from a document?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to copy certain lines from a document?: [ATTACH] Hi, Is it possible to only select certain lines for a document without having to copy all of them? Please find attached to see what I mean. https://preview.redd.it/966yno8663i91.png?width=1656&format=png&auto=webp&s=d9322d04e0f567625e547352811c01fd90ef1ac4...
  3. Highlight and copy !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Highlight and copy !: In my Music folder I have about 30 tracks listed which I would like to copy and paste. If I press Ctrl and A they are all highlighted ready to copy etc. The problem is there are some tracks that I don't want to be highlighted. Is it possible to highlight just the ones I want...
  4. copy paste highlight

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    copy paste highlight: I copied and pasted a question I had into this site from discord and it came in highlighted grey so I re pasted it then black then grey then black and it was alternating until I re clicked reply and when I pasted it in it didn't do it, was that a glitch or something...
  5. Doing a COPY From A Line i Highlighted In A MAIL eMail: How ?

in Browsers and Email
    Doing a COPY From A Line i Highlighted In A MAIL eMail: How ?: Hello, I give up. Just can't figure it out. Using MAIL with W10. I received an eMail, highlighted a few lines of it that I want to place into Notepad. The lines I selected are highlighted. Great. Now what, please ? Right clicking does nothing. Can't find a COPY command...
  6. With windows 10 mail how do I copy email files to another drive?

With windows 10 mail how do I copy email files to another drive?: With 'windows 10 mail program how do I copy email files to another drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/with-windows-10-mail-how-do-i-copy-email-files-to/fedffbfb-6e26-474f-8008-4fe7f1e1f7b4
  7. How do I export my email from Mail to Gmail?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I export my email from Mail to Gmail?: So, I got locked out of my gmail account due to 2FA, then getting a new phone... I used Google Authenticator, so I lost all my keys from the old phone [which broke]. My Windows 10 Mail & Calendar app still is logged in. Is there a way for me to export my email address from...
  8. bcc copying of email addresses from an incoming email onto a second email. how to do this...

bcc copying of email addresses from an incoming email onto a second email. how to do this...: I want to forward on an email to only two of the email addresses from a group of 10 peolple on a received how do I BCC blind copy the other 8 please? do I have to type in each of their addressess on to the second email ? help please....
  9. How do I import contacts and emails from Live Mail to Windows 10 Mail app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I import contacts and emails from Live Mail to Windows 10 Mail app?: Just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10. On my old computer I was using Live Mail. I have lots of Contacts and lots of Saved emails in Live Mail. I'm having trouble figuring out how to transfer all of that info from Live Mail to Windows 10 Mail app. How do I...
  10. Win10 Mail program - how to have unread emails highlighted?

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail program - how to have unread emails highlighted?: Hi, I'm trying to work out how to make unread emails more obvious in "Windows 10 Mail". Currently they show up in blue: [img] Is there a way to make them more obvious? I can see it getting quite confusing as I get a LOT of emails every day. Ideally, I would like a...