Windows 10: Doing a COPY Of A Selectable Portion Of A Window ?

Discus and support Doing a COPY Of A Selectable Portion Of A Window ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a program that when being used opens up additional windows. Sometimes from a third party, sometimes from what is embedded in the actual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Robert11 Win User

Doing a COPY Of A Selectable Portion Of A Window ?

Hello,

I have a program that when being used opens up additional windows.
    Sometimes from a third party, sometimes from what is embedded in the actual program.

Hw can I do a COPY (drag a window over the portion I want) so I can Save the picture of, and perhaps send it as an eMail later ?

In a Mac it's easy.
    Just do a ALT-Shift-Control-4, and a draggable window opens up.

Anything equivalent in W10 ?
    Or,...?

Again, thanks for all the previous help.
    Much appreciated.

Stay well,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Sep 7, 2020

2. In Windows 7 I could select a portion of a webpage to print. How do I do it in Windows 10? There is no "print selection" option on the print menu.

Hi Vicki,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know which browser are you using?

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps provided.

• Select the portion you want to print and press Ctrl key + P.

• On the Page Range, select Selection
      and click on Apply.

• Now click on Print and check if it helps.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 7, 2020
  3. d_t_a Win User
    E72 - Unable to select portions of a received email text / copy text

You're right, selecting portions of text in an email and copy/pasting them is a basic function... I wonder if this feature is supported by other phones (eg. Blackberry / iPhone).

Anyway, I think a workaround (may not always work and is not exactly ideal) would be to select "Forward" the email message, from the "forwarded" email, one can now edit / select & copy/paste the needed portions of the email. This procedure isn't exactly
    ideal though but I suppose it works if really needed.

d_t_a, Sep 7, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Doing a COPY Of A Selectable Portion Of A Window ? - Similar Threads - Doing COPY Selectable

2. double click - to both select & copy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    double click - to both select & copy?: Hi, is there a way to enable in Windows 10 the behavior of when you double click a word that it will both select and copy it to the clipboard?sorry if this has been asked before; using both the search here & at other SE's like DuckDuckGo and Google, i could not find a clear...
  3. double click - to both select & copy?

in Windows 10 Customization
    double click - to both select & copy?: Hi, is there a way to enable in Windows 10 the behavior of when you double click a word that it will both select and copy it to the clipboard?sorry if this has been asked before; using both the search here & at other SE's like DuckDuckGo and Google, i could not find a clear...
  4. Your Phone Select and Copy Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone Select and Copy Photos: Using the "Your Phone" app linked to my mobile phone, is there any way I can select several photos from the phone and paste them on to my PC? I can only do this one photo at a time....
  5. Cannot copy big portions of certain pix folders - ownership problem??

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot copy big portions of certain pix folders - ownership problem??: Hello, Not sure if my issue is related to the same W10 update on 28.08.20 mentioned in my post about SyncBack, but although it seems the issue is totally different from the one below, the start is around the same date/occasion: It seems an unknown number of my folders has...
  6. Copied files not selected upon completion of copy/paste

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copied files not selected upon completion of copy/paste: I have Windows 10 and something has changed as I remember from windows 7. When I am in Windows Explorer and I copy/paste files from one folder to another, the copied files are not selected ie highlighted after the paste is complete. This is annoying and I cannot figure out...
  7. HOW DO YOU SELECT ALL PHOTOS TO COPY TO A THUMBDRIVE

HOW DO YOU SELECT ALL PHOTOS TO COPY TO A THUMBDRIVE: HOW DO YOU SELECT ALL WHEN IN PHOTOS IN ORDER TO COPY TO A THUMBDRIVE? THE PHOTOS WERE DOWNLOADED TO WINDOWS COMPUTER THROUGH GOOGLE PHOTOS FROM MY ANDROID SMARTPHONE....
  8. Do this for all conflicts with Copy and Replace - If I select Don't Copy Duplicate NO files...

Do this for all conflicts with Copy and Replace - If I select Don't Copy Duplicate NO files...: Weird thing - Running Win 10 latest vers. on an HP EliteOne G5 AIO. When I try to copy ANY files from ANY folder to a different folder they copy fine but if even one file is already in there and the Copy File dialogue box comes up that asks "Copy and Replace" or "Dont Copy"...
  9. selected pictures are copied

selected pictures are copied: while viewing a folder of pictures, going through and selecting bad ones to delete, all of a sudden all selected photos are COPIED, what is the sanity of this feature? using windows 10....
  10. automatically copy selected text

automatically copy selected text: Hello, I'm wondering if there is a way to automatically copy text selected with the mouse. This works on PowerShell but I would like to use it system wide. This is the way the mouse works in X-windows. Maybe there is a way to script this behavior?...