Windows 10: doing a dism restorehealth every month

Discus and support doing a dism restorehealth every month in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 home edition.1909 OS build 18363.900 each month or after 3 months or so I am forced to do Code: dism /online /cleanup-image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sandila, Jun 18, 2020.

1. sandila Win User

doing a dism restorehealth every month

I am using Windows 10 home edition.1909 OS build 18363.900 each month or after 3 months or so I am forced to do
    Code:
    my laptop occasionally becomes very slow for some unknown reason.
    Like I face challenges when Microsoft Office starts loading it takes lot of times to open files.
    Working with VMware virtual machines worth 500 Gb could be slow which is understandable.
    But system boots very slow that is not understandable.
    Usually when I run these commands vmware breaks and I have to re install vmware.Apart from that there has not been any other problem.
    When I run these two dism commands things come back to normal and system is able to restore its health.
    I want to know why is this happening. What is causing my laptop to be slow and why I need to regularly keep executing those 2 dism commands.

:)

sandila, Jun 18, 2020
  2. RejZoR Win User

How to get damn DISM to work?

Yes, I have the image mounted, the same bloody image I've used to install the OS I'm just using. This is absurd. I've tried this:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:E:\x64\sources\install.esd
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:E:\x64\sources\install.esd:1
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E:\x64\sources\install.esd
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E:\x64\sources\install.esd /limitaccess
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E:\x64\sources\install.esd:1
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E:\x64\sources\install.esd:1 /limitaccess

None of this crap works even though entire freaking internet is saying that this is the way to do it. Some even mention using quotas for the path which makes no difference (It doesn't need it anyway since there aren't any spaces anyway.

I just can't understand how can OS integrity check tool feature be dumber as years pass by instead of being smarter and more useful.

EDIT:
    Redownloading 4 gigs of stupid image because the one I have apparently isn't good enough. *sigh*

RejZoR, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Error DISM restorehealth

Hello i just registered after i read all the pages...so opencl.dll is a problem of a windows update? Because i had no issues running sfc/scannow last month doing a dism restorehealth every month :)
    **UPDATE**
    Thanks it worked perfectly fine and it fixed any corrupted files.This worked perfectly...it was giving me a headache.Step 3 option 2 converted .esd file to .wim...! Thanks again guys.
    step 1 delete current dism and cbs log files
    step 2 run Image_Health.cmd - option 1 = scanhealth
    step 3 run Image health - option 2 = restorehealth
    step 4 run image health - option 3 = restorehealth /source (OPTIONAL because step 3 already fixed the issue)

stefanosgr19, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Kyhi Win User

Error DISM restorehealth

twp things..

Executing command line: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:"D:\Users\Hali\Downloads\IMAGE_HEALTH\IMAGE_HEALTH_SXS\Temp\Mount\windows\winsxs" /LimitAccess

Place the "Image_health" folder on C - you are running the command 9 folders deep...
    Place Image_health-sxs.cmd inside "image_health" folder
    Image health sxs cmd was and is only a TEST cmd
    Image-health is the normal cmd...

[removed]

"C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log" post the CBS.log

Also dism /scanhealth gives a better file report in the dism.log

Your damaged files appear to be that from a windows update, as windows update files are not on setup media..

step 1 delete current dism and cbs log files
    step 2 run Image_Health.cmd - option 1 = scanhealth
    step 3 run Image health - option 2 = restorehealth
    step 4 run image health - option 3 = restorehealth /source
    step 5 post dism.log and cbs.log (note: you can post logs as .txt > cbs.txt dism.txt)

Thema:

1. doing a dism restorehealth every month - Similar Threads - doing dism restorehealth

2. DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3%: i am running some check test to my pc , W11 , and when i run the restore health it stuck at 62.3% i found that another person had the same issue , https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-restorehealth-stuck-at-623/c3275aa3-0588-4e17-a0e8-eefb6ce1d512 here's...
  3. DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3%: i am running some check test to my pc , W11 , and when i run the restore health it stuck at 62.3% i found that another person had the same issue , https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-restorehealth-stuck-at-623/c3275aa3-0588-4e17-a0e8-eefb6ce1d512 here's...
  4. DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3%: I am trying to fix Microsoft Store Error 0x80131505. I was recommended to run DISM RestoreHealth and have run into this problem. Any help would be much appreciated....
  5. DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3%: I am trying to fix Microsoft Store Error 0x80131505. I was recommended to run DISM RestoreHealth and have run into this problem. Any help would be much appreciated....
  6. DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3%: Hi,When I try to run DISM RestoreHealth, it always gets stuck at 62.3%. I have already reinstalled the os recently and checked system files with sfc /scannow and found no issues. And there's another problem. My folders always keep reverting to read-only mode. I tried to...
  7. DISM RestoreHealth failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM RestoreHealth failure: Ran the DISM routine on my old laptop, but the needed RestoreHealth operation failed. [img] Any way to fix this short of a repair install? 168529
  8. Issue with dism restorehealth not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with dism restorehealth not working: C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.18362.900 Image Version: 10.0.18363.1082 [===========================56.8% ] Error: 14091 The name of an attribute in an...
  9. doing a dism restorehealth every month

doing a dism restorehealth every month: I am using Windows 10 home edition.1909 OS build 18363.900 each month or after 3 months or so I am forced to do Code: dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth my laptop occasionally becomes very slow for some unknown...
  10. Error DISM restorehealth

Error DISM restorehealth: Hello I use the Windows DVD 10 and option 3 with IMAGE_HEALTH and have an error 50: http://www.eightforums.com/performan...upt-files.html 0x800f081f and operation not fix !! What to do ? thanks for your help Best regards 23654