Windows 10: Doing a Fresh Re-Installation of Windows 10 Questions

Discus and support Doing a Fresh Re-Installation of Windows 10 Questions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use Microsoft Windows 10 Home as my operating system. I am finishing up graduate school. After I am done with school, I plan to wipe my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by John_115, May 8, 2019.

1. John_115 Win User

Doing a Fresh Re-Installation of Windows 10 Questions

I use Microsoft Windows 10 Home as my operating system. I am finishing up graduate school. After I am done with school, I plan to wipe my computer clean and start fresh with the operating system. I have used the Reset PC options in the Settings section in the past, but I want to start completely fresh. I understand that I can also reset my computer by doing a clean installation of Windows 10 which unlike the Reset PC, removes everything. If the clean installation of Windows 10 is the best option to start fresh on my computer, how do I carry out this process and what links would I go to to download the necessary software and instructions to carry out the process?

On a secondary note, I have two internal HDD hard drives that I wish to wipe as well. Windows 10 is located on my SSD. Is there an alternative way that Windows 10 can wipe those HDDs without having to use the Windows Reset PC option?

Thanks.

:)

John_115, May 8, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 8, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 installing progs

Fresh installs do it too, in fact i have had the same bs happen. Might be suggested apps which you can turn off.

AsRock, May 8, 2019
  4. Doing a Fresh Re-Installation of Windows 10 Questions

Does doing a fresh install make a difference

Ok my question is does it matter if i do a fresh install of Windows and if it makes a difference. I have a HDD that has Windows 8.1 Pro on it from my last 8350 and i7-4770 build with majority of all my games and files that i was just going to use with my recent build under my system specs. I do plan to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro but I'm at ends thinking if it's worth doing a clean install.

Durvelle27, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Doing a Fresh Re-Installation of Windows 10 Questions

1. Doing a Fresh Re-Installation of Windows 10 Questions - Similar Threads - Doing Fresh Installation

2. Re-Install Windows 10 Questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-Install Windows 10 Questions: Hello:I, like many others, got 'bricked' with the Windows update this week I manually installed on Friday 10/14. I have tried everything possible from the Win Recovery Options. Nothing works. I have no use of my peripherals except in BIOS. I have a few questions quite a few...
  3. Re-Install Windows 10 Questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-Install Windows 10 Questions: Hello:I, like many others, got 'bricked' with the Windows update this week I manually installed on Friday 10/14. I have tried everything possible from the Win Recovery Options. Nothing works. I have no use of my peripherals except in BIOS. I have a few questions quite a few...
  4. Re-Install Windows 10 Questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Re-Install a Fresh Version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-Install a Fresh Version of Windows 10: Hi, I have a PC running Windows 10 that I want to gift to someone, but before I do so, I want to install a separately licenced version of Windows 10. I have tried to buy a new licence and then substitute the activation code, but Microsoft keeps taking the product out of my...
  6. Question re: fresh windows install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question re: fresh windows install: So I'm not sure what happened to my Surface Book 2, but after performing a hard shutdown in the middle of a video driver failure I got stuck in an automatic repair loop. Can't boot to windows, can't reinstall/repair, and apparently even the registry is corrupted beyond...
  7. Windows 10 Fresh Install Question

Windows 10 Fresh Install Question: I'm planning on rebuilding my PC with some new components. I want to do a fresh install of Win 10 on a new NVMe M.2 SSD. My current Win 10 Home is derived from a free upgrade from Win 7 Home. I understand that there's a difference between a new Win 10 Home product key and...
  8. Windows 10 re-installation question

Windows 10 re-installation question: Hi, Due to some horrible crash, I had to wipe out all my partitions and re-install Windows 10 in my laptop, which is a MSI GE64. Due to some other constraints I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my DISK 1, instead of disk 0. (UEFI, GPT, Fast Boot, Secure Boot). Afterwards...
  9. Windows 10 re-install questions

Windows 10 re-install questions: Downloaded the Media Creation Tool and created a bootable USB drive. Got installation to start, selected 'I don't have a product key', selected Windows 10 Home which is what was previously installed, accepted license terms, and then I have a window asking what kind of...
  10. Fresh Install Questions

Fresh Install Questions: Hey there, so recently I built my first gaming PC. I was having issues with it not displaying anything so I took it to a PC repair shop. The guy fixed it, and also installed Windows 10 as well as all the drivers. This was great, however, I now have a irrational fear that the...