Windows 10: Doing Clean Install Can I delete failed Ex HDD Path before or after

Discus and support Doing Clean Install Can I delete failed Ex HDD Path before or after in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good Afternoon This is a "speccy" capture of an old path to a ex hdd until a Reboot, why is this still showing in the Folder Tree it's not on this PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dasha, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Dasha Win User

Doing Clean Install Can I delete failed Ex HDD Path before or after

Good Afternoon
    This is a "speccy" capture of an old path to a ex hdd until a Reboot, why is this still showing in the Folder Tree it's not on this PC and hasnt been for a year? My question please is, can I get rid of this 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-75WN4A0 (SATA ) 38 C can I remove it via Disc manager?
    I am about to do a Clean Install everything is backed up is to this Toshiba
    Drive (F:\ F, G, H, I, partitions 4 including ( FDoing Clean Install Can I delete failed Ex HDD Path before or after :)

I will disconnect the Toshiba first and just switch off my WiFi or AT the Family used Telstra Internet Modem
    SPECCY DATA STORAGE BEGNS HERE:
    931GB TOSHIBA External USB 3.0 USB Device (USB (SATA) ) 38 C
    (F:\ F, G, H, I, 4 Partitions

Thanks for any help you can give regards *Thumbs

:)

Dasha, Feb 9, 2021

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD to rplace failing HDD and corrupte

How to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD that will replace a failing HDD and corrupted data files in a Laptop PC?
    There seems to be a lot of old posts that touch on various subjects that I need help with but none that lump them all together. This is a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD on a Laptop PC that was previously upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade just prior to the free upgrade becoming unavailable. About 6 months ago intermittent weird problems began to appear and with the help of various support groups and Windows Community we came to the conclusion that the HDD needed to be replaced(failed Seagate's drive test) with an SSD (My Choice) and a clean install of Windows 10(corrupted data files in the OS).
    I was given a URL to download and burn to DVD an ISO file of Windows 10 PRO 64bit OS. I purchased a 240GB Sandisk SSD. I don't need to partition this drive as the single C: partition is adequate for size and speed.
    Is there a step by step procedure listed somewhere that preps(formats?) the SSD using disk management for Windows 10 and then using the ISO file that I burned to a DVD, installs Windows 10 on to my SSD? I am not familiar with ISO files and am assuming that is something that is sent to you to boot from and install from when you order SW from MS.

RogerAttila, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Doing Clean Install Can I delete failed Ex HDD Path before or after

Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Doing Clean Install Can I delete failed Ex HDD Path before or after

1. Doing Clean Install Can I delete failed Ex HDD Path before or after - Similar Threads - Doing Clean Install

2. Do i need to erase the HDD before installing Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do i need to erase the HDD before installing Windows 10?: Hello. Is it necessary to run DBAN to erase the information from the disk, before I install Windows 10, so it can be guaranteed there won't be information from the previous OS, which could lead to malfunction and software conflicts when the old information is mixed with the...
  3. Do i need to erase the HDD before installing Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do i need to erase the HDD before installing Windows 10?: Hello. Is it necessary to run DBAN to erase the information from the disk, before I install Windows 10, so it can be guaranteed there won't be information from the previous OS, which could lead to malfunction and software conflicts when the old information is mixed with the...
  4. Do i need to erase the HDD before installing Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Doing Clean Install Can I delete failed Ex HDD Path before or after

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Doing Clean Install Can I delete failed Ex HDD Path before or after: Good Afternoon This is a "speccy" capture of an old path to a ex hdd until a Reboot, why is this still showing in the Folder Tree it's not on this PC and hasnt been for a year? My question please is, can I get rid of this 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-75WN4A0 (SATA ) 38...
  6. clean install after deleting partitions

clean install after deleting partitions: I have deleted the partitions, and have the unallocated space partition, clicked on next, but it won't progress. There's an hourglass that just sits there. Nothing happening....
  7. 11 partitions on HDD after clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    11 partitions on HDD after clean install: I did a clean install on my daughters old laptop (Lenovo G580) and after looking into disk management there are 11 partitions on the HDD. Can anyone tell me why so many and if I can delete them. The laptop is 7 years old so way out of warranty and she never uses any of the...
  8. 11 partitions on HDD after clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    11 partitions on HDD after clean install: I did a clean install on my daughters old laptop (Lenovo G580) and after looking into disk management there are 11 partitions on the HDD. Can anyone tell me why so many and if I can delete them. The laptop is 7 years old so way out of warranty and she never uses any of the...
  9. Can I do a clean install of Win8.1 after upgrading to Win10?

Can I do a clean install of Win8.1 after upgrading to Win10?: A year ago I bought a Lenovo Yoga 2 that came with Windows 8. Unfortunately, I upgraded to Windows 10 several months ago. It has been such a nightmare I want Windows 8 back. Can I just buy a new copy of Windows 8.1 and clean install it on my laptop? Someone told me once...
  10. Can I upgrade and then clean install with a new HDD?

Can I upgrade and then clean install with a new HDD?: Hi all, I'm finally thinking to upgrade from W7 to W10. Here's the situation at the moment: 1) 256GB System SSD 2) 1TB data HDD 3) 3TB Raid 1 HDD for backup I want to mount a new 500GB SSD as primary system drive, so I was thinking to use this occasion to put W10...