Windows 10: Doing fresh 1809 install, got message " partitions not in the ..."

Discus and support Doing fresh 1809 install, got message " partitions not in the ..." in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have to do a completely fresh install, so I wiped the SSD clean and for good measure converted to MBR and then back to GPT. My install is completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by x509, Dec 27, 2018.

1. x509 Win User

Doing fresh 1809 install, got message " partitions not in the ..."

I have to do a completely fresh install, so I wiped the SSD clean and for good measure converted to MBR and then back to GPT.

My install is completely vanilla except that I an installing to a 256 GB Windows partition out of 465 GB total on this SSD. So when i checked on INSTALL, I got this weird message:

"partitions not in the recommended order. Go to Microsoft Corporation and search for GPT. Continue?"

Like what choice did I have. The install procedure automatically created these partitions: 1 – 15 MB MSR (reserved)
    2 – 499 MB –Recovery
    3 – 100 MB System
    4 – Primary 255.4 GB

Unallocated space 209.7 GB

So do I really care? Or should I do some complex operations with MiniTool Partition Wizard to fix the order?

:)

2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Dec 27, 2018
  3. How do i fresh install Vista?

I take it as youre asking how to do it, then you need a bit more of a "step by step" guide.

1.) backup anything on your old system that you want to keep (either to DVD or a spare drive)
    2.)download any drivers that you will need incase vista dosent have then (Network Drivers are important so that you can get your network card working when you finished the installation and want to download other drivers
    3.) Pop the vista install disc into the DVD drive and restart the PC
    4.)It will load all the installation files and present you with a screen showing your current setup on the discs. You want to delete any existing partitions and then create a new one (Size is up to you, or if you dont want one thats fine aswell)
    5.)Tell it to setup on the partition of your choice and sit back and watch it install
    6.) Itll do a reboot then carry on with the main installation then after thats done you can setup your prefernaces in the step by step menu and finally load windows.
    7.)Boot up windows and get online to download drivers for all the hardware on your computer (Soundcard, Graphics Card, chipset etc...)

*Smile Doing fresh 1809 install, got message " partitions not in the ..." :)

twicksisted, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Doing fresh 1809 install, got message " partitions not in the ..."

Proper HDD partitioning for Win7 reistall

if you are gonna partition with the fresh install of windows, not worried about keeping any previous data, once the disks are partitioned then why would you need to refer to my further suggestion above ref the disk manager?? your data will already be on a seperate partion, if not, just cnp it there!

any further installations will be to the primary partition and any data on the secondary partition will stay intact

2DividedbyZero, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Doing fresh 1809 install, got message " partitions not in the ..."

1. Doing fresh 1809 install, got message " partitions not in the ..." - Similar Threads - Doing fresh 1809

2. Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or whole...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or whole...: i want to do a fresh start but i don't know will it delete all my file or only file my OS is installed same drive with 2 partitions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-doing-a-fresh-start-only-remove-the-partition/d67b6bf2-61b4-4750-8728-97156962c35b
  3. fresh install win 10 on SSD - partitions help

fresh install win 10 on SSD - partitions help: Hi Tenforums: ( windows 10 64 bit version 1909 build 18363.535 ) I replaced my old laptop hard drive with a Samsung 860 EVO to help it limp a bit faster.... Had temporary hiccups as install media seemed not to like the said SSD as target for installing the OS. After trial...
  4. Weird problems after a fresh 1809 install.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird problems after a fresh 1809 install.: After a fresh Windows 10 Pro x64 install (1809 ISO from MS) I'm having some problems. My Microsoft account picture cannot be displayed on start menu or the account menu on settings and my Windows Store download speed is super slow, I can't update my Windows Store apps...
  5. Can't Find C Partition in Selection of Partitions to Install Fresh Copy of Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Find C Partition in Selection of Partitions to Install Fresh Copy of Windows: Can't Find C Partition in Selection of Partitions to Install Fresh Copy of Windows but when i boot the existing windows on C , it's normal & i can find and use the partition Any help ?!...
  6. Fresh and Clean install windows 10 1809 after install Nvidia Graphic Driver Got BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fresh and Clean install windows 10 1809 after install Nvidia Graphic Driver Got BSOD: How can I Fix This issue .please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUMP file link:---- https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmFPL7OpaU6ugWT3llcXhZQDUvlv[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fresh-and-clean-install-windows-10-1809-after/95aaf462-d57e-400b-9c42-f11690d94af6
  7. Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the...

Will doing a "Fresh Start" only remove the partition where the OS is installed or the...: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Will my secondary partitions remain untouched or will they be deleted as well? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/will-doing-a-fresh-start-only-remove-the-partition/5e0d9cea-98dc-47ef-be7e-c5ec381c43d6
  8. Fresh Install Windows 10 - Recovery Partition

Fresh Install Windows 10 - Recovery Partition: Hi, I have an ASUS which came with 8.1 OEM. I upgraded to Win 10 and now am about to do a fresh install of Win 10 (using this tool: Windows 10) on it. It has 2 recovery partitions 20 GB and 500 MB. Q1. During fresh install, do I need to delete both recovery...
  9. Laptop + Windows 10 Fresh Install + Partitions

Laptop + Windows 10 Fresh Install + Partitions: I have suspicions of issues on my daughters ASUS laptop. It has had some viruses recently and tbh I am just not comfortable with her using it now until I can wipe it and start it all afresh. I upgraded (the free update) from windows 8 to windows 10. Just so everything...
  10. Got this message

in Windows 10 Support
    Got this message: When I click on "FIX ME" I get the 2nd message. Any help please? 8402