Windows 10: Doing Macrium backups as another user

Discus and support Doing Macrium backups as another user in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I bought my computer back in March and only now have gotten around to create a normal user-account, instead of using the original admin account when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by colinp, Jul 4, 2021.

1. colinp Win User

Doing Macrium backups as another user

I bought my computer back in March and only now have gotten around to create a normal user-account, instead of using the original admin account when I first set up windows 10. (Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎2021-‎03-‎09 OS build 19043.1081 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0) I have managed to pretty well get everything up and running in my user-account but realized that I had set up Macrium to back up while in my admin account. Will the scheduled backups still run while in my user-account, or will I have to create a new backup in my user-account? Or is there another secret way to get Macrium to read the backup.xml file while in my user-account? edit: have to add that I use Macrium 7 free edition aslo I originally created a post in "Installation and Upgrade" by mistake

:)

colinp, Jul 4, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Doing Macrium backups as another user [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jul 4, 2021
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Jul 4, 2021
  4. Bokenzhe Win User

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• Doing Macrium backups as another user [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, Jul 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Doing Macrium backups as another user - Similar Threads - Doing Macrium backups

2. *Posted in wrong group* Doing Macrium backups as another user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    *Posted in wrong group* Doing Macrium backups as another user: I bought my computer back in March and only now have gotten around to create a normal user-account, instead of using the original admin account when I first set up windows 10. (EditionWindows 10 Home Version21H1 Installed on‎2021-‎03-‎09 OS build19043.1081 ExperienceWindows...
  3. Another question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Another question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup: Hi. I was just wondering if it matters when making let's say a 2nd Differential Image if I make it from the 1st Differential or from the Full Backup. I think it probably doesn't matter but I want to make sure. Macrium Reflect (free) is a great program! My computer is Windows...
  4. Another question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup

in Windows 10 Support
    Another question about Macrium Reflect Differential Backup: Hi. I was just wondering if it matters when making let's say a 2nd Differential Image if I make it from the 1st Differential or from the Full Backup. I think it probably doesn't matter but I want to make sure. Macrium Reflect (free) is a great program! My computer is Windows...
  5. Modified Macrium backup

Modified Macrium backup: Dell Inspiron 15 5565, Win 10 Home I want to create a Mactium backup, but it's going to be huge unless I can properly modify it. I tried to use a USB with 28gb free space as the destination, but it wasn't enough [img] My first question is can I just image the first 4...
  6. macrium backup failed

macrium backup failed: hello all after months of doing a image backup , today my marcium backup failed , i have tried several times to do a backup, and a [img] [img] reboot ( before i do the 1809 ) update any suggestions welcomed 123956
  7. Question on Macrium backups

Question on Macrium backups: Thanks for thinking about answering my question! I currently have the following backup plan for my laptop - full backup on Sunday, then Differential every other day of the week. So in the case of a failure, I just have to restore the Sunday Full and the latest Differential...
  8. Macrium Backup error

Macrium Backup error: I was getting system hanging problem in my windows 10 for quite a days (my system is dual boot with two hard disk, one XP and other Windows 10). I already have macrium backup image but I tried to take a new backup of my windows 10 system drives with the free version from...
  9. Macrium installation & backup

Macrium installation & backup: Hello Forum, An hour ago I installed Macrium, after instl. it made (burned) a rescue dvd. I am trying to make my first backup to the system, but first I want to consult with my 'teachers', After installation please see screenshot "macrium - 01.jpg", there are 2 disks, C:...
  10. Macrium backup

Macrium backup: I have made a backup of my hard drive from my old computer with macruim reflect. It is a backup of a few installed applications and software packages but more importantly it is a copy of windows 10 professional with digital entitlement. I plan to buy a new laptop and am...