Windows 10: Doing stuff while a system scan running

Discus and support Doing stuff while a system scan running in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HelloCan I do other things on the computer whilethe big /sfc system scans and /Dism scans in the command prompt is active in the background?Or will it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RubenGYY, Jul 29, 2021.

1. RubenGYY Win User

Doing stuff while a system scan running

HelloCan I do other things on the computer whilethe big /sfc system scans and /Dism scans in the command prompt is active in the background?Or will it be much slower / longer when ever i trigger/open any another application like the webbrowser?

:)

RubenGYY, Jul 29, 2021

2. System 32 files/ programs runs for a while and disappears on Windows 10

Hi Konstantin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the processes running on the operating system. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • When exactly does this issue persists?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to sign-out from the current user account, restart the computer, resign-in and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 29, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Windows 10 wont boot, repair, reset, or system restore

Hi,

The issue occurs due to an
    unfinished update process which
    corrupted the system files. We suggest that you try these troubleshooting
    methods and run the update again:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

This will check and run an auto-repair on the issue.

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.

After running the
    SFC scan
    and the issue still persist, run the
    DISM
    to check the system health and to try restoring the files. To run
    DISM tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

NOTE:
    This might take a while
    to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 29, 2021
  4. BRU
    bru Win User

Defender not Running Regular Scan

I believe you are showing the scan that is part of Automatic Maintenance. For that mine is already set to System by default. Although I do not have anything listed for author. If the scan is running for you I think that is because it is the Automatic Maintenance scan.

Thema:

1. Doing stuff while a system scan running - Similar Threads - Doing stuff while

2. Loss of files while the operating system is running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of files while the operating system is running.: Greetings, today I faced a very serious problem. Right while I was working, about 500GB of data was lost on my D disk HDD. Looking at the contents of the disk, I found that some files and folders were partially missing I did not find any pattern. An important point is that...
  3. Loss of files while the operating system is running.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of files while the operating system is running.: Greetings, today I faced a very serious problem. Right while I was working, about 500GB of data was lost on my D disk HDD. Looking at the contents of the disk, I found that some files and folders were partially missing I did not find any pattern. An important point is that...
  4. Multiple BSOD while doing basic stuff on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD while doing basic stuff on my PC: Hi , I have been getting multiple BSOD while doing some task on my PC Downloading a game, youtube, etc.. I've been reading the forums and trying the troubleshooting steps some people recommed but I keep getting the same issues. This is the minidump I was able to get....
  5. Multiple BSOD while doing basic stuff on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD while doing basic stuff on my PC: Hi , I have been getting multiple BSOD while doing some task on my PC Downloading a game, youtube, etc.. I've been reading the forums and trying the troubleshooting steps some people recommed but I keep getting the same issues. This is the minidump I was able to get....
  6. Run Edge while system is locked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run Edge while system is locked: I have a client in a doctor's office that had a dual monitor system. A normal monitor on their desktop and a large television monitor on the wall. The TV is used to display basically an information page from the internet for their practice. They would like to keep that...
  7. Is it safe to let a full system scan run overnight?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it safe to let a full system scan run overnight?: So i'm suspecting there's some kinda malware on my computer and I wanna run a anti virus full system scan. Would it be safe to let a full system scan run overnight while I sleep? Power settings are set to never for when the computer will sleep after certain time of inactivity...
  8. Program doing stuff

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program doing stuff: I uninstalled a program, it takes ownership so I could delete a file, but when I did the button is still there. https://imgur.com/SUNFrOH It says Explorer.EXE application not found when I try to open it. I also can't find the original publishers of the program. How do I...
  9. this program will not run while system debuggers are active.

in Windows 10 Customization
    this program will not run while system debuggers are active.: Hello I'm trying to install longstanding online games, but I always get out "For security purposes, this program will not run while system debuggers are active. Please remove or disable the system debugger before trying to run this program again." and I don't even install...
  10. System restore failed while scanning the file system, error 0x81000204

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore failed while scanning the file system, error 0x81000204: Hi, I am trying to restore my system due to an issue caused by Firefox. after windows update my Firefox is not working properly, logout button in gmail is not working. so i tried to restore system. However, it prompting an error message as " System restore failed while...