Windows 10: Dolby Atmos for Home cinema greyed out on windows 10

Discus and support Dolby Atmos for Home cinema greyed out on windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have seen other posts regarding this topic, but i still havent figured out how to get my Dolby Atmos - theater mode (via dolby acces) to work on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EmZeeKa, Nov 26, 2018.

1. EmZeeKa Win User

Dolby Atmos for Home cinema greyed out on windows 10

I have seen other posts regarding this topic, but i still havent figured out how to get my Dolby Atmos - theater mode (via dolby acces) to work on my atmos certified soundbar with my PC.

So this is what i have:

- Philips tv (nearly 2 years old)

- LG SK10Y Soundbar

- PC

This is how I connect the movie on the pc to the soundbar

- HDMI cable from the videocard into the tv

- The TV is connected to the soundbar via HDMI Arc.

It seems to work to the point where i can get Dolby Atmos Headphones working, but ofcourse I want Dolby Atmos Theater mode. Sadly that option is greyed out and/or not available in the pc sound settings menu (see pictures before).

Dolby Atmos for Home cinema greyed out on windows 10 0c22fa1e-f639-4301-9323-bbb2a9f551bf?upload=true.png

Dolby Atmos for Home cinema greyed out on windows 10 d4ffd023-8314-4580-a170-be55ce2c3f2b?upload=true.png

What I have have already done:

- Checked windows version

- Downloaded newest Realtek driver

- Check NVIDIA driver

- Changed cables out with other HDMI configurations

- Tried optical cable to the soundbar

- Tried to see what happens when the ARC functionality is not used.

To this point i still havent found a solution Dolby Atmos for Home cinema greyed out on windows 10 :(

:)

EmZeeKa, Nov 26, 2018
  2. JohnA_555 Win User

Dolby Atmos for Home Cinema - Option greyed out

Hi, I'm trying to setup Dolby Atmos for home cinema using my Laptop and my Onkyo AV receiver which is definitely Dolby Atmos enabled. Laptop is connected to AV receiver by HDMI cable.

I've used the Dolby access app to try and set it up, the app tells me to select 'Dolby Atmos for Home cinema' from the dropdown menu in the spatial sound tab of audio properties but the option isn't there, only 'Dolby atmos for headphones' or ' Windows sonic
    for headphones'.

Any ideas?

JohnA_555, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Dolby Atmos

We would like to confirm if you have check if you Dolby Atmos can be dectect by your computer?

We suggest that you check if its being detected by following these steps:

• At the bottom right side of your screen, where the Time and date can also be located, look for the
      sound icon.
    • Right click on the sound icon, a smaill window will pop up with the Sound
      menus.
    • Click on the Playback Devices.
    • The Sound window will appear with the Playback
      tab.
    • Look for Dolby Atmos to make sure that it is properly installed.

If its not on the list in Playback Devices, kindly check if its listed in Device Manager by:

• From the Start menu, type in Device Manager, then
      Enter.
    • Then click the Sound, video and game controllers driver.
    • Look for Dolby Atmos, then right click on it, then click
      Unintall
    • Once done, remove your Dolby Atmos device and restart you computer.

After your computer has restarted and your are in the Desktop screen of your computer, connect your Dolby Atmos device. It should automatically be installed in your computer by giving you prompts. Once successfully installed, kindly check if it is detected
    now by you computer in Playback Devices.

We'll be waiting for your update.

Kristine Som, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Dolby Atmos for Home cinema greyed out on windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Dolby Atmos for Home cinema greyed out on windows 10

1. Dolby Atmos for Home cinema greyed out on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos Home

2. DOLBY ATMOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DOLBY ATMOS: Nao consigo comprar o dobly atmos, a pagina de compra nao abre. O app esta instalado normal. alguem tem uma soluçao https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dolby-atmos/b333faee-c4a4-468c-8bf9-d1654d06a693
  3. Dolby atmos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby atmos: I had dolby atmos preinstalled on my lenovo ideapad laptop however my hdd became corrupted and hence switched to a ssd. Now i want to install dolby atmos again for my laptop. How do i do that?...
  4. Windows 10 Dolby Atmos For Home theater

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Dolby Atmos For Home theater: I was wondering why I need exclusive mode on for my Receiver to receive Dolby Atmos signal, is there another where it is possible without the exclusive mode? Also the sound seems to so sound quiet with exclusive mode on, compared to exclusive mode off. submitted by...
  5. Dolby Atmos for Home Theater

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dolby Atmos for Home Theater: So I just had a very nice converastion with one of the MS Support guys _again_ Whats the problem? Well as the Title says: Dolby Atmos for Home Theater... I am testing a fresh Install of Version 1909 for the third week now. The MSHD Audio drivers were the only way to get...
  6. Dolby Atmos

Dolby Atmos: I tried to buy Dolby Atmos but It wouldn't let me put my postal code until I saw that the region was locked to the UK but in my Microsoft account said that my country was Romania How do I change the country???? [ATTACH] this is from Dolby almost [ATTACH] this is from my...
  7. dolby atmos

in Windows 10 Customization
    dolby atmos: why cant I enable dolby atmos for home theatre? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dolby-atmos/b8b31f3d-ccb6-43c2-a425-a9b25700ec2d
  8. ''DOLBY ATMOS FOR HOME THEATER'', New Sound Setting

''DOLBY ATMOS FOR HOME THEATER'', New Sound Setting: Hello! Quick question: Does my surround system have to be Dolby Atmos, for it to work? Because when I set it on/to ''Dolby Atmos for Home Theatre'', I hear absolutely no sound! Does this have to do to the fact that the trial period has expired? Or because my AV Receiver...
  9. DOLBY ATMOS FOR HOME THEATER

DOLBY ATMOS FOR HOME THEATER: Hello! Quick question: Does my surround system have to be Dolby Atmos, for it to work? Because when I set it on/to ''Dolby Atmos for Home Theatre'', I hear absolutely no sound! Does this have to do to the fact that the trial period has expired? Or because my AV Receiver...
  10. Dolby Atmos for Headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby Atmos for Headphones: Hello, I was excited for the Creator's Update in large part because of the addition of Dolby Atmos for headphones. However, after installing Dolby Access and the required additional content, I see that I will only have a 30-day trial. I was under the impression this was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dolby atmos home theater windows 10 greyed out fix

2. dolby atmos for home theater greyed out

3. cant select atmos home cinema spatial

4. dolby atmos greyed out windows,
  5. windows 10 cant select dolby atmos for home cinema,
  6. dolby atmos for home theater hdmi out windows 10,
  7. windows 10 spatial sound greyed out dolby atmos no longer works ,
  8. dolby atmos for headphones greyed out,
  9. connect dolby atmos with hdmi cable windows 10,
  10. how to set dolby atmos windows 10 to work on all accounts,
  11. dolby atmos hdmi arc windows software,