Windows 10: Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, No Sound with AVR

Discus and support Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, No Sound with AVR in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, recently I received an AVR + Speakers & Sub from someone who did not have use for it anymore. I've been trying to use it with Windows 10 using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tenfruitreee, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, No Sound with AVR

Hi all, recently I received an AVR + Speakers & Sub from someone who did not have use for it anymore. I've been trying to use it with Windows 10 using "Dolby Atmos for Home Theater" selected under spatial sound. However, whenever I choose it, I don't get any sound whatsoever from my speakers. I've also noted that when I choose Atmos and try to change the volume in the lower right corner, my AVR displays "Dolby TrueHD," yet as I mentioned before, I get no sound even though Windows shows that sound is being played. I've downloaded Dolby Access, and whenever I play a test video, sound works perfectly and my AVR displays "Dolby Digital Plus." I've scoured the internet for other people who had similar issues, but no methods have proved to be a solution. Any help would be appreciated because at this point, I'm losing my sanity by the minute trying to get this damn thing to work haha. Please let me know if I'm posting in the wrong subreddit or if I should post this elsewhere Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, No Sound with AVR :)

Setup:

Windows 10 Build 19042.685

AVR: Insignia NS-AV511

Speakers: PolkAudio OWM3 (4 placed in each corner of the room)

PolkAudio Blackstone TL1 Center Speaker

PolkAudio PSW10 Subwoofer

GTX 1070 - NVIDIA High Definition Audio Version 460.89

MSI Z270 Gaming M7

PC -> DisplayPort 1.2 -> Monitor

PC -> HDMI -> AVR

submitted by /u/tenfruitreee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tenfruitreee, Jan 3, 2021

2. Dolby Atmos for home theater option is missing.

My set up: I have Denon AVR X4400H connected to my Nvidat Titan x (Pascal) via an HDMI cable. I have my monitor connected to it via the display port cable. I have 5.1.2 speaker set up connected to the receiver and they all work fine.

Denon is the default playback device. When I attempt to go to spacial sound, I do not see an option to enable Dolby Atmos for home theater. I only have an option for headphones which I can enable and it works fine as far as I can tell. When I use Atmos for
    headphones and play Atmos content from the Dolby Access app, my receiver displays Dolby Atmos as the source input type.

I've tried reinstalling Nvidia sound drivers and Dolby Access app to no effect. The option to enable Dolby Atmos for home theater is missing.

EugeneArutchev, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Byu2 Win User
    dolby access dolby atmos for home theater

I want to try dolby atmos sond on PC and looked inti windows 10 dolby access dolby atmos for home theater. I searched atmos sounbars and find all atmos sonndbar pair with receivers. I

I find this Pioneer Surround Elite Atmos Soundbar is one of the budget range. dolby access dolby home theater need dolby atmos enabled home theater or soundbar. All atmos home theater paired with receiver. I contacted support and they said the soundbar
    would not output audio without connected to to recriver. All ports on the receiver are all ocupied The only port left is HDMI out (ARC) for connect to TV.

if dolby atmos for home theater only support HDMI on home theater, how can it conned to PC HDMI ?

Byu2, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, No Sound with AVR

PC to AVR no audio output when Atmos

Recently my setup stopped producing sound. When sound was playing, my AVR would show "dolby surround" when playing games and watching youtube. I left my computer on for 24 hours. When I came back, my AVR would say "dolby atmos" when playing games and youtube. Unfortunately, no sound is produced when it says atmos. Sound is produced If I configure the setup to 5.1 with no spatial sound. In this scenario, the AVR shows "multi ch in."

I'm fairly new to PC ownership. I have my PC set up like a console to my home theater and TV. The PC is connected directly from the GPU to the AVR using an HDMI 2.2 cable. My AVR is a Denon x2300 that supports Atmos encoding and decoding.

It took me a while to fumble my way through setting it up originally. The steps I have already taken include: making sure all windows updates and drivers are up to date, using the "configure" settings, downloading the doldy access app and setting it up for home theater, and using properties menu to set spatial sound to dolby atmos.

PC specs
    Windows 10
    Motherboad: gigabyte x570 gaming
    GPU: nvidia 2070

icecreampirate, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, No Sound with AVR

1. Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, No Sound with AVR - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos Home

2. Dolby Atmos for home theater initial delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dolby Atmos for home theater initial delay: Hi all,I have my PC plugged into my receiver and when setting the audio settings in Windows both 10 and 11 to Dolby Atmos, there's an initial delay of 1-2 seconds before any sound starts to play. The sound is synced, no issue once it starts playing, this is not an audio lag...
  3. Dolby Atmos for home theater initial delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dolby Atmos for home theater initial delay: Hi all,I have my PC plugged into my receiver and when setting the audio settings in Windows both 10 and 11 to Dolby Atmos, there's an initial delay of 1-2 seconds before any sound starts to play. The sound is synced, no issue once it starts playing, this is not an audio lag...
  4. Windows 10 Dolby Atmos For Home theater

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Dolby Atmos For Home theater: I was wondering why I need exclusive mode on for my Receiver to receive Dolby Atmos signal, is there another where it is possible without the exclusive mode? Also the sound seems to so sound quiet with exclusive mode on, compared to exclusive mode off. submitted by...
  5. Spatial sound windows sonic and dolby atmos for headphones/home theater settings are not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spatial sound windows sonic and dolby atmos for headphones/home theater settings are not...: cSir someone has tampered my windows 10 PC's spatial sound coding feature... Since yesterday I am unable to upscale any Dolby digital; Dolby digital plus; Dolby true HD content into full Dolby atmos. Even though I have enabled Dolby atmos for headphones via the Dolby Access...
  6. Dolby Atmos for Home Theater

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dolby Atmos for Home Theater: So I just had a very nice converastion with one of the MS Support guys _again_ Whats the problem? Well as the Title says: Dolby Atmos for Home Theater... I am testing a fresh Install of Version 1909 for the third week now. The MSHD Audio drivers were the only way to get...
  7. Dolby atmos for home theater not found

Dolby atmos for home theater not found: Hello, I can not find dolby atmos for home theater on my laptop running windows 10 in spatial sound. I can only find dolby atmos for headphones. I am using my laptop through hdmi to my tv where i have an optical cabel running to my dolby atmos enabled speakers. I have...
  8. Dolby Atmos for home theater option is missing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby Atmos for home theater option is missing.: My set up: I have Denon AVR X4400H connected to my Nvidat Titan x (Pascal) via an HDMI cable. I have my monitor connected to it via the display port cable. I have 5.1.2 speaker set up connected to the receiver and they all work fine. Denon is the default playback device....
  9. ''DOLBY ATMOS FOR HOME THEATER'', New Sound Setting

''DOLBY ATMOS FOR HOME THEATER'', New Sound Setting: Hello! Quick question: Does my surround system have to be Dolby Atmos, for it to work? Because when I set it on/to ''Dolby Atmos for Home Theatre'', I hear absolutely no sound! Does this have to do to the fact that the trial period has expired? Or because my AV Receiver...
  10. DOLBY ATMOS FOR HOME THEATER

DOLBY ATMOS FOR HOME THEATER: Hello! Quick question: Does my surround system have to be Dolby Atmos, for it to work? Because when I set it on/to ''Dolby Atmos for Home Theatre'', I hear absolutely no sound! Does this have to do to the fact that the trial period has expired? Or because my AV Receiver...