Windows 10: Dolby Atmos not working on Windows 10

Discus and support Dolby Atmos not working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Dolby Atmos is an innovative surround sound technology that is created to enhance your audio listening experience on various devices including Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 11, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Dolby Atmos not working on Windows 10

Dolby Atmos is an innovative surround sound technology that is created to enhance your audio listening experience on various devices including Windows 10 devices. If you notice that Dolby Atmos for one reason or the other is not working on your PC, you can try the solutions in this post to resolve the issue.

Dolby Atmos not working

Dolby Atmos not working on Windows 10 Dolby-Atmos.jpg

If you’re faced with this issue, you can try our recommended solutions below in no particular order and see if that helps to resolve the issue.

1. Run Audio Troubleshooter
    2. Update sound drivers
    3. Rollback sound drivers
    4. Reset Dolby app
    5. Uninstall and reinstall Dolby app
    6. Ensure Audio Services is running
    7. Perform System Restore

Let’s take a look at the description of the process involved concerning each of the listed solutions.

Before you try the solutions below, check for updates and install any available bits on your Windows 10 device and see if Dolby Atmos now works as normal.

1] Run Audio Troubleshooter

Dolby Atmos not working on Windows 10 Run-Audio-Troubleshooter.jpg

You begin troubleshooting Dolby Atmos not working issue by running the Windows 10 in-built Audio Troubleshooter. If this doesn’t help, try the next solution.

2] Update sound drivers

Updating the sound drivers installed on your Windows 10 PC is one of the most effective solutions to fix Dolby Atmos issue.

You can either update your drivers manually via the Device Manager, or you can get the driver updates on the Optional Updates section under Windows Update. You can also download the latest version of the driver from the sound card manufacturer’s website.

3] Rollback sound drivers

If updating the sound drivers didn’t resolve the issue, you can roll back the driver to an earlier version that was working.

4] Reset Dolby app

You can reset the Dolby app and see if that helps.

5] Uninstall and reinstall Dolby app

If resetting the app fails to resolve the issue at hand, you can uninstall the Dolby app and then head over to Microsoft Store and search, download and install the app on your device.

6] Ensure Audio Service is running

If the Audio Service is not running on your Windows 10 device, you may encounter this issue. So check if the service is running and start the service if it’s not running.

7] Perform System Restore

If you noticed that this issue started to occur recently, it’s entirely possible that the issue was facilitated by a change that your system has gone through recently which you cannot pinpoint. In this case, you can restore your system to an earlier point. This will restore your system to an earlier point when the system was working correctly.

Hope this helps!

Related post: Dolby Home Theater not working.

Dolby Atmos not working on Windows 10 Dolby-Atmos.jpg
    This article Dolby Atmos not working on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 11, 2021

2. Dolby Atmos

We would like to confirm if you have check if you Dolby Atmos can be dectect by your computer?

We suggest that you check if its being detected by following these steps:

• At the bottom right side of your screen, where the Time and date can also be located, look for the
      sound icon.
    • Right click on the sound icon, a smaill window will pop up with the Sound
      menus.
    • Click on the Playback Devices.
    • The Sound window will appear with the Playback
      tab.
    • Look for Dolby Atmos to make sure that it is properly installed.

If its not on the list in Playback Devices, kindly check if its listed in Device Manager by:

• From the Start menu, type in Device Manager, then
      Enter.
    • Then click the Sound, video and game controllers driver.
    • Look for Dolby Atmos, then right click on it, then click
      Unintall
    • Once done, remove your Dolby Atmos device and restart you computer.

After your computer has restarted and your are in the Desktop screen of your computer, connect your Dolby Atmos device. It should automatically be installed in your computer by giving you prompts. Once successfully installed, kindly check if it is detected
    now by you computer in Playback Devices.

We'll be waiting for your update.

Kristine Som, May 11, 2021
  3. Dolby Atmos

I checked this line:

5. Look for Dolby Atmos to make sure that it is properly installed.

and i have list with my two audio cards :

1. onboard - Realtek High Definition audio

and

2. dedicated Asus xonar DG audio device.

When selecting option 1. i have spatial sound dolby atmos option, but when selecting option 2, i have listed only "none" under spatial sound.

I can confirm that i had spatial sound on previous win10 build

For this part:

• From the Start menu, type in Device Manager, then Enter.
    • Then click the Sound, video and game controllers driver.
    • Look for Dolby Atmos, then right click on it, then click Unintall.
    • Once done, remove your Dolby Atmos device and restart you computer.
    i dont have dolby atmos under sound, video and game controllers

HrvojeReich, May 11, 2021
  4. Dolby Atmos not working on Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Dolby Atmos not working on Windows 10

1. Dolby Atmos not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos working

2. dolby atmos not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dolby atmos not working: i have purchesed dolby atmos in microsoft store but dolby atmos not working in my desktop when i tried to activate its not working what can i do now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dolby-atmos-not-working/e3f887d5-9ba6-4ae7-b0e1-eb8da3438045
  3. dolby atmos not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dolby atmos not working: i have purchesed dolby atmos in microsoft store but dolby atmos not working in my desktop when i tried to activate its not working what can i do now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dolby-atmos-not-working/e3f887d5-9ba6-4ae7-b0e1-eb8da3438045
  4. Dolby atmos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby atmos: I had dolby atmos preinstalled on my lenovo ideapad laptop however my hdd became corrupted and hence switched to a ssd. Now i want to install dolby atmos again for my laptop. How do i do that?...
  5. Dolby atmos is not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dolby atmos is not working.: Error says; "Failed to play test tone." "Something went wrong while trying to turn on Spatial Sound" im using Samsung Q950T but is working when using dolby access play demo content, my soundbar detected DOLBY ATMOS, when i apply setting on sound properties dolby atmos for...
  6. Dolby atmos no longer working

Dolby atmos no longer working: The app has been working great for months so i bought it after the free trial ended, but since last week that has not been the case. it will no longer work. When loading the app get told to select dolby atmos for headphones in the spatial sound box, the option does not appear...
  7. Dolby Atmos

Dolby Atmos: I tried to buy Dolby Atmos but It wouldn't let me put my postal code until I saw that the region was locked to the UK but in my Microsoft account said that my country was Romania How do I change the country???? [ATTACH] this is from Dolby almost [ATTACH] this is from my...
  8. dolby atmos

in Windows 10 Customization
    dolby atmos: why cant I enable dolby atmos for home theatre? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dolby-atmos/b8b31f3d-ccb6-43c2-a425-a9b25700ec2d
  9. dolby atmos not working

dolby atmos not working: I installed dolby atmos for headphones but can't get it to launch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dolby-atmos-not-working/87fbdda8-f3fb-4f6f-a3c1-a366871d7af9
  10. Dolby Atmos for Headphones

Dolby Atmos for Headphones: Hello, I was excited for the Creator's Update in large part because of the addition of Dolby Atmos for headphones. However, after installing Dolby Access and the required additional content, I see that I will only have a 30-day trial. I was under the impression this was...