Windows 10: dolby atmos says need to be bought from the microsoft store, even though i've already...

Discus and support dolby atmos says need to be bought from the microsoft store, even though i've already... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello, i'm here with a big issue with my laptop. for some reason, i'm able to run dolby access but I can't enable Dolby's atmos for headphones because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SavageJesse95, Jun 15, 2019.

1. dolby atmos says need to be bought from the microsoft store, even though i've already...

hello, i'm here with a big issue with my laptop. for some reason, i'm able to run dolby access but I can't enable Dolby's atmos for headphones because I haven't bought it from the Microsoft store, even though I already have. it only gives one damn option, and it's windows sonic. I really would like dolby atmos on my laptop because I can't transfer movies to my desktop (which has it) because someone decided to break my external hard drive (6 tb were talking about) and I can't get this damn thing to work on my laptop because you damn jerks at Microsoft think I don't own it even though I used my cold hard cash to purchase this ****.

Make: Dell

Model: Inspirion 1545

Windows 10 version: 1803

Ram: 3 gb

Hdd: 160 gb

cpu: intel Pentium dual-core processor

Oh by the way, this worked perfectly fine on my old laptop, which had similar specs to what I have now.

:)

SavageJesse95, Jun 15, 2019

2. Dolby Atmos

We would like to confirm if you have check if you Dolby Atmos can be dectect by your computer?

We suggest that you check if its being detected by following these steps:

• At the bottom right side of your screen, where the Time and date can also be located, look for the
      sound icon.
    • Right click on the sound icon, a smaill window will pop up with the Sound
      menus.
    • Click on the Playback Devices.
    • The Sound window will appear with the Playback
      tab.
    • Look for Dolby Atmos to make sure that it is properly installed.

If its not on the list in Playback Devices, kindly check if its listed in Device Manager by:

• From the Start menu, type in Device Manager, then
      Enter.
    • Then click the Sound, video and game controllers driver.
    • Look for Dolby Atmos, then right click on it, then click
      Unintall
    • Once done, remove your Dolby Atmos device and restart you computer.

After your computer has restarted and your are in the Desktop screen of your computer, connect your Dolby Atmos device. It should automatically be installed in your computer by giving you prompts. Once successfully installed, kindly check if it is detected
    now by you computer in Playback Devices.

We'll be waiting for your update.

Kristine Som, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Dolby Atmos

I checked this line:

5. Look for Dolby Atmos to make sure that it is properly installed.

and i have list with my two audio cards :

1. onboard - Realtek High Definition audio

and

2. dedicated Asus xonar DG audio device.

When selecting option 1. i have spatial sound dolby atmos option, but when selecting option 2, i have listed only "none" under spatial sound.

I can confirm that i had spatial sound on previous win10 build

For this part:

• From the Start menu, type in Device Manager, then Enter.
    • Then click the Sound, video and game controllers driver.
    • Look for Dolby Atmos, then right click on it, then click Unintall.
    • Once done, remove your Dolby Atmos device and restart you computer.
    i dont have dolby atmos under sound, video and game controllers

HrvojeReich, Jun 15, 2019
  4. RyoTakagi Win User

dolby atmos says need to be bought from the microsoft store, even though i've already...

dolby atmos

Hello, to enable Dolby Atmos, you will need to install the dedicated application from the Microsoft Store. Dolby Atmos is a paid subscription service, so you will have to pay for it after the free trial mode. Here is the link to the software itself:

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9N086...

Once you have installed this app, you can enable it by right clicking on the sound icon on the taskbar, then changing the spatial sound mode to Dolby.

Make sure that the device is Atmos compatible.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! dolby atmos says need to be bought from the microsoft store, even though i've already... :)

RyoTakagi, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

dolby atmos says need to be bought from the microsoft store, even though i've already...

1. dolby atmos says need to be bought from the microsoft store, even though i've already... - Similar Threads - dolby atmos says

2. Dolby Atmos unable to connect to Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dolby Atmos unable to connect to Microsoft Store: I have changed my DNS settings, reset my network adapters, run the network troubleshooter with no problems found, was sadly not able to run the app trouble shooter due to Full Diagnostic data being disabled, disabled proxy, reinstalled dolby atmos and the windows store, reset...
  3. Dolby Atmos unable to connect to Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Dolby Atmos unable to connect to Microsoft Store: I have changed my DNS settings, reset my network adapters, disabled proxy, reinstalled dolby atmos and the windows store, reset dolby atmos and the windows store, logged in and out of the windows store and searched for this specific problem "We're currently experiencing...
  4. Dolby Atmos unable to connect to Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dolby Atmos unable to connect to Microsoft Store: I have changed my DNS settings, reset my network adapters, disabled proxy, reinstalled dolby atmos and the windows store, reset dolby atmos and the windows store, logged in and out of the windows store and searched for this specific problem "We're currently experiencing...
  5. Minecraft says I need to unlock the full game even though I bought it already.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft says I need to unlock the full game even though I bought it already.: Is there any way to fix this? I played with a friend a while ago and it worked fine but now it says I need to buy and unlock the full game in order to play....
  6. Can't launch Dolby Atmos from the store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't launch Dolby Atmos from the store: So i got my new headphones which came with a 2 year activation code for Dolby Atmos, and no matter how many times i press start in the windows store nothing happens, i'd go and execute the .exe straight from the folder but ofcourse WindowsApps is a locked folder....
  7. Windows Sonic For Heaphones and Dolby Atmos For Headphones NOT in use Even Though they are...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Sonic For Heaphones and Dolby Atmos For Headphones NOT in use Even Though they are...: cSir someone has tampered my windows 10 PC's spatial sound coding feature... Since yesterday I am unable to upscale any Dolby digital; Dolby digital plus; Dolby true HD content into full Dolby atmos. Even though I have enabled Dolby atmos for headphones via the Dolby Access...
  8. Dolby Access demands a restart, even though i've already restarted

Dolby Access demands a restart, even though i've already restarted: I restarted my Media-center desktop (Dell Studio XPS, if dat helps) and Dolby Access is still demanding a restart. Proof is right here: [IMG] I've restarted my HTPC after updates, but it still won't work to darn bits. I need help people!...
  9. Dolby Atmos redeem code already used

Dolby Atmos redeem code already used: Hello, I recently bought a Plantronics headset for PC that came with a free code for the Dolby Atmos application on the Microsoft Store. When I tried to redeem the code, it appeared the code had already been used. What can I do ?...
  10. Dolby Atmos for Headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby Atmos for Headphones: Hello, I was excited for the Creator's Update in large part because of the addition of Dolby Atmos for headphones. However, after installing Dolby Access and the required additional content, I see that I will only have a 30-day trial. I was under the impression this was...