Windows 10: Dolby audio formats only outputting stereo

Discus and support Dolby audio formats only outputting stereo in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This only started recently, but regardless of the spacial sound being set to Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, all that's getting output is stereo. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eng050599, Apr 12, 2020.

1. eng050599 Win User

Dolby audio formats only outputting stereo

This only started recently, but regardless of the spacial sound being set to Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, all that's getting output is stereo.

The system has an NVIDIA 1080Ti, and the audio is output using the NVidia High Definition Audio driver over HDMI.

The signal goes to a Denon AVR720W receiver Atmos certified, with a 7.1 speaker setup.

Making this even stranger, when using the LAVAudio decoder to bitstream audio from MPC-HC, Dolby DD, TrueHD, Atmos formats aren't being sent to the receiver, as it only shows "Stereo", but all the DTS formats DTA, DTSX, DTS-HD, are being bitstreamed correctly.

Note: All Dolby and DTS formats are set up to be bitstreamed in the audio decoder. This is happening downstream from it.

Disabling the spacial filtering from the Windows Sound config does not change this.

Removing Dolby Access also does not allow for the bitstrraming of Dolby formats, and stereo is all the receiver gets.

If I switch to my XBoxONE X, Atmos bitstrraming works like a charm, as is the case for other devices.

I have already performed a clean install of:

- Audio Drivers

- Dolby Access

- LAVAudio Decoder

- The entire K-Lite Codec pack

The system, receiver, and TV have the latest firmware, and the fact that it only affects Dolby audio formats is an odd one, so any help is appreciated.

:)

eng050599, Apr 12, 2020

2. How to select PCM stereo output for digital audio S/PDIF jack?

I am looking to upgrade the sound from my PC. I wish to bypass the sound card of my computer by plugging in a digital-to-analog converter (DAC) in a USB 2.0 port. I've learned I can stream digital audio that way by selecting my DAC as the default audio output
    device. However, the DAC I am considering also can stream data from the digital optical output on my PC to the DAC. A tech rep for the DAC told me to stream music from both the optical output
    and the USB port alternatively and see which sounds better. However, for the DAC to utilize the digital optical jack it must be set to pulse-code modulation (PCM) stereo output.

Hence my problem. I see no menu option for selecting PCM stereo output as opposed to DTS or Dolby multi-channel audio in my sound controls for the optical output (in the "Supported Formats" section of the "Digital Audio S/PDIF Properties" menu. (Microsoft
    WMA Pro Audio is also offered in that menu, but I don't know what that is or if it changes the digital optical audio output to PCM format.) I would like to utilize the digital optical output from my PC as the DAC rep suggested if at all possible. Please advise.

Deekthe(non)Geek, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Headphones jack only outputting mono after dolby access install

HI

I tried all he above suggestions. initially when i plug my headphones on the fron 3.5 mm jack stereo sound works fine. So I went on to dolby access to try and test dolby atmos. Once it started and when i tested a video the audio quality goes bad and then
    if i went on to test the audio from windows configuration I only get mono output.

Definitely Dolby access is causing this. It is not just me this is an issue with many cases i have noticed online. U need to help please.

hariharansivakumar, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Dolby audio formats only outputting stereo

Dolby Advanced Audio and Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio

Hi Polaris,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that you are able to use the Dolby Digital plus Advanced Audio and not able to use the Dolby Advanced Audio.

As you get the error “Unable to start the Dolby Audio Driver. Restart the computer or reinstall the driver”, this error might occur if the driver is not installed properly or it is not up to date. I suggest you install the
    Dolby audio drivers. Refer to the following article to update all the drivers available in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

As the both Dolby Digital plus Advanced Audio and Dolby Advanced Audio are listed under the programs and features, you may uninstall the Dolby Advanced Audio through Programs and features.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Programs and features.

• Right click on the Dolby Advanced Audio and click on
      Uninstall.

• Click on OK if any window prompts.
    After uninstalling the Dolby Advanced Audio, you may reinstall it again through the setup file (If you have) or from the Dolby support.
    I suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    Santosh_Rai on October 15, 2015 in the below thread and check if it helps you to install the
    Dolby Advanced Audio drivers.

Dolby Advanced Audio v2 Error (Windows 10)

Note:
    Please be informed that it is your wish to use the both “Dolby Advanced Audio” and “Dolby Digital plus Advanced Audio” or any one of the audio as per your requirement.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Dolby audio formats only outputting stereo

1. Dolby audio formats only outputting stereo - Similar Threads - Dolby audio formats

2. Stereo Mix only works when output device is speakers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stereo Mix only works when output device is speakers.: Ok so I have a headset not a usb one and when I use stereo mix with the output device as my headphones, it just doesn't play out audio. I want to use stereo mix to play my computer audio out of my mic. If there is an alternative that works better for that I'm all ears....
  3. Stereo Mix only works when output device is speakers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo Mix only works when output device is speakers.: Ok so I have a headset not a usb one and when I use stereo mix with the output device as my headphones, it just doesn't play out audio. I want to use stereo mix to play my computer audio out of my mic. If there is an alternative that works better for that I'm all ears....
  4. Bluetooth Headphones will only connect to Handsfree Audio, not Stereo Stereo is disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones will only connect to Handsfree Audio, not Stereo Stereo is disconnected: The Bluetooth headphones that I'm using are the JBL E45BTs and when I connect my headphones to my Windows 10 PC, the sound quality is terrible and there's no option to switch it to Stereo. I checked the Sound Playback list and saw that the Stereo option was disconnected for...
  5. Bluetooth Headphones will only connect to Handsfree Audio, not Stereo Stereo is disconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones will only connect to Handsfree Audio, not Stereo Stereo is disconnected: The Bluetooth headphones that I'm using are the JBL E45BTs and when I connect my headphones to my Windows 10 PC, the sound quality is terrible and there's no option to switch it to Stereo. I checked the Sound Playback list and saw that the Stereo option was disconnected for...
  6. Bluetooth Headphones will only connect to Handsfree Audio, not Stereo Stereo is disconnected

7. Dolby audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dolby audio: I recently dropped me headset when it was in my pc and the got ripped out and now when i plug them in Dolby audio won't work anymore please send help. submitted by /u/slushyman44 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i913es/dolby_audio/
  8. Is My MotherBoard Support Dolby Digital Audio OutPut

Is My MotherBoard Support Dolby Digital Audio OutPut: hi, i am using this motherboard Asus H110M-CS and the audio "Realtek ALC887 8-channel High Definiton Audio CODEC" I Want to Buy Sony RT3 5.1 Home Theater System with Dolby 600 W Bluetooth Soundbar With Dolby Digital Support. With 3.5mm Jack Can i get Surround Sound...
  9. Intel NUC8i7HVK only stereo output from HD Audio device

Intel NUC8i7HVK only stereo output from HD Audio device: Recently noticed that i no longer had 5.1/7.1 or 24/96 and higher options for my NUC 8i7HVK using the AMD HD audio over HDMI to my NAD t758 receiver. Not sure when it stopped working. Running Win10 1903 and Intel Driver and Support Assistant says everything is up to date....
  10. Dolby Atmos no longer works - Only plays stereo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dolby Atmos no longer works - Only plays stereo: A few weeks ago I was enjoying Dolby Atmos on my Windows PC , however I came to try Forza Horizon 4 again today and noticed something very strange. When I activate Dolby Atmos, my AV receiver (Denon AVR X4500H) says "Stereo" on its front LCD. When I go to speaker test and...