Windows 10: Dollar sign behind the computer name?

Discus and support Dollar sign behind the computer name? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been monitoring my security history in the event log My normal computer name appears there, but also the same one every now and then with a dollar... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Maldweister74, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Dollar sign behind the computer name?

I've been monitoring my security history in the event log
    My normal computer name appears there, but also the same one every now and then with a dollar sign behind it. For example: DESKTOP-DUWNERB$

What's the meaning of this?

:)

Maldweister74, Jun 14, 2020

2. dollar sign in windows phone

I have Lumia 520. How to get dollar sign when sending messages or email.

dollarsign---01, Jun 14, 2020
  3. How to change name on Sign-in screen

Hi Lynn,

The steps to change your name that appears on your sign-in screen depend on the type of the user account that you're using. If you're using a Microsoft account, here are the steps to change your name:

• Press Windows logo key + I
      buttons on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
    • Select Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Click the Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser.
    • Click the Edit name link on the main page.
    • Change your name, then hit OK.

To change or edit your name for your local account, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click Start, then choose Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts twice.
    • Select the account, then click Change the account name.

Update us if it addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Dollar sign behind the computer name?

Computer Sign in

Your suggestion worked. Thank You!!!!!

Katheryn Dornbush, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Dollar sign behind the computer name?

1. Dollar sign behind the computer name? - Similar Threads - Dollar sign behind

2. Erase sign in name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Erase sign in name: I have a dell computer. Everything is erased. How to I remove someone’s sign in name from the system cause it will not let me sign in. Says user profile can’t be uploaded....
  3. Dollar search forward

Dollar search forward: Can you customise the function keys to search for a dollar sign with a Word document in Windows 10? We used to be able to do it in the previous version by setting this up as follows:File, options, customise ribbon, keyboard shortcuts, customise, categories - macros,...
  4. changing dollar sign on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing dollar sign on keyboard: i have just purchased a surface laptop 4 with windows 11. i want to change the $ sign on the keyboard so that it types a british pound sterling symbol. is this possible and if so, how? thanks...
  5. changing dollar sign on keyboard

changing dollar sign on keyboard: i have just purchased a surface laptop 4 with windows 11. i want to change the $ sign on the keyboard so that it types a british pound sterling symbol. is this possible and if so, how? thanks...
  6. sign in name

in Windows 10 Customization
    sign in name: how to I change the name from owner to my name on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-name/661fcf45-30cd-46bd-8c9f-6d7449980f80
  7. How many dollars?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How many dollars?: Using expression web 4 many years now with windows 7 and now 10. For whatever reason I cannot hyperlink so using a mouse cursor over text a word pops up an image. How much to fix? A bigger problem is do I pay before I see results or what? Thanks...
  8. 4$ dollars for a Trade in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4$ dollars for a Trade in: I purchased this computer i'm currently typing on not even a year ago. I notice the storage running low and uninstalled everything on the computer and taking all the files off of it, still running slow and I'm usually not able to open a web browser. I go int a Microsoft store...
  9. Sign-in name change

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-in name change: Hi- I'm trying to change my sign in name. My account name states it as what I want it to be, but the change isn't reflecting when I sign into my computer. I tried restarting the computer my it still says my old name!...
  10. Two sign in names.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two sign in names.: When starting windows goes to the sign in page, somehow I now have two names there (both mine) one with my e-mail which is the correct one the other just my name. In user accounts there is only my correct one I did uncheck the box so as not having to sign in but still need...