Windows 10: Domain account getting locked - blank Computer name field in event 4740

Discus and support Domain account getting locked - blank Computer name field in event 4740 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear Support and Community,My colleague's domain account keeps getting locked. I followed steps from the below article on how to use Account Lockout... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kapi_1, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Kapi_1 Win User

Domain account getting locked - blank Computer name field in event 4740

Dear Support and Community,My colleague's domain account keeps getting locked. I followed steps from the below article on how to use Account Lockout Status tool to find what had been causing the lockout:https://www.manageengine.com/products/active-directory-audit/kb/how-to/how-to-use-account-lockout-status-in-active-directory.htmlI found a few corresponding events 4740 on the domain controller Event Viewer, however all of them have the Caller Computer field blank.I checked events also from other users and all the others had the computer name field populated with their hostnames.My questions ar

:)

Kapi_1, Oct 6, 2022
  2. robos Win User

Getting a domain name...

Just simple 3 steps to make your website glow to millions…
    Step 1: Sign up now and get a FREE domain!
    Step 2: Design your new website in minutes!
    Step 3: You are live! Share your life online!

Click here…

robos, Oct 6, 2022
  3. Gedpal Win User
    Domain Account Locked Daily

Hello,
    I have similar problem. My domain account locks from time to time. I just upgraded from W8.1 to W10.
    I tried many steps to solve this but none is working.
    I found out some interesting things. Using a tool "Account Lockout Status" I found that Last Bad Pwd value is changed when I enter credentials after computer automatic or manaul screen lock out.
    I can work normally if I do not get a message about "Windows needs your current credentials":

Domain account getting locked - blank Computer name field in event 4740 [​IMG]

If I get this message and do nothing - account very quickly locks out.
    If I do quick screen lock and unlock it will go ok for some time.
    Very strange. I replicate the problem of Last Bad Pwd value using another PC with W10. Some other users in domain are ok some same as mine.
    Something wrong with specific users and Windows 10 combination..

Regards,
    Gediminas

Gedpal, Oct 6, 2022
  4. msenior Win User

Domain accounts being locked

I have two domain users whose accounts are being locked every 15-30 minutes.

When I check in the domain controller event viewer, it has event ID # 4740.

On the desktop in Windows System event viewer, it has event ID # 40960 - The Security System detected an authentication error for the server cifs/maindc01.FNBSAL.com. The failure code from authentication protocol Kerberos was "The user account has been automatically
    locked because too many invalid logon attempts or password change attempts have been requested.

(0xc0000234)".

The user didn't enter an incorrect password and isn't logging on anywhere else.

We use Group Policy to assign drive mappings, so I'm not sure if that was causing anything, so I ran gpupdate /force on her computer and it came back with an error saying Group Policy couldn't be updated due to GPO network drive mappings. I can attach the
    error if needed.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

msenior, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Domain account getting locked - blank Computer name field in event 4740 - Similar Threads - Domain account getting

2. Blank field in Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank field in Windows Update: Hi,Just did a Win 11 upgrade from Win 10. The optional 2H2 or whatever it's called - the update that was releasted 2 days ago or so displayed as an optional upgrade. So i went for it and that's the result screen above. Hitting "Download and install all" in the upper right...
  3. Event Viewer showing account lockout alerts 4740 from computers which are not in my domain...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer showing account lockout alerts 4740 from computers which are not in my domain...: Hi guys,This is one of those weird issues that you come across, as i could not find anything related to this out in the world wide web searching for many days.Recently came across few account lockouts that have been happening in our domain, and these event alerts are showing...
  4. Event Viewer showing account lockout alerts 4740 from computers which are not in my domain...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer showing account lockout alerts 4740 from computers which are not in my domain...: Hi guys,This is one of those weird issues that you come across, as i could not find anything related to this out in the world wide web searching for many days.Recently came across few account lockouts that have been happening in our domain, and these event alerts are showing...
  5. Domain account getting locked - blank Computer name field in event 4740

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain account getting locked - blank Computer name field in event 4740: Dear Support and Community,My colleague's domain account keeps getting locked. I followed steps from the below article on how to use Account Lockout Status tool to find what had been causing the...
  6. Domain account getting locked - blank Computer name field in event 4740

Domain account getting locked - blank Computer name field in event 4740: Dear Support and Community,My colleague's domain account keeps getting locked. I followed steps from the below article on how to use Account Lockout Status tool to find what had been causing the...
  7. Domain account keep getting locked out daily

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain account keep getting locked out daily: Hi all,One of my user are having account locked out issue on daily basis, once per days and it always happen after he's back from lunch.In our environment, we have MS Exchange Email and MS Teams.In AD server security logs, it shows kerberos pre-authentication failure, failure...
  8. Domain account keep getting locked out daily

Domain account keep getting locked out daily: Hi all,One of my user are having account locked out issue on daily basis, once per days and it always happen after he's back from lunch.In our environment, we have MS Exchange Email and MS Teams.In AD server security logs, it shows kerberos pre-authentication failure, failure...
  9. Computer name and domain change.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer name and domain change.: Hello, I am using a brother printer dcp l-5500 dn after changing my pc name in the domain and pc options from admin to ws-kris, the printer still sees after reboot the same old admin name for my pc. Has anyone before encountered a similar problem before and if yes do you...
  10. Domain Account Locked Daily

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Domain Account Locked Daily: I'm running Windows 10 Build 10162 and about 2-3 times a day I have to get my domain account unlocked in Active Directory. Has anyone experienced this before? I'm definitely not typing the incorrect password enough times to get locked out. I think it has to be something...