Windows 10: Domain Admin account disabled, but one computer can still logon to it.

Discus and support Domain Admin account disabled, but one computer can still logon to it. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; In our network we have a domain admin account, but disabled it as it's for tech-support purposes only and should only be enabled when needed (in our... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Seth Weber, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Domain Admin account disabled, but one computer can still logon to it.

In our network we have a domain admin account, but disabled it as it's for tech-support purposes only and should only be enabled when needed (in our case). However, even though it's disabled, a computer and probably more are still able to log into the account and bypass UAC. How is this happening? Is the account locally cached and still able to be used for admin rights?

Thanks.

:)

Seth Weber, Jan 11, 2019
  2. brycez28 Win User

Domain admin account as built-in admin account

I just upgraded two brand new pc's from Win 7 to Win 10. Computers were already added to the domain in Win 7 and I was logged into the domain administrator account when I did the upgrade to Win 10. Now when I am logged in with the domain administrator account, I can't open Edge. It says "This app can't open. Microsoft Edge can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again."

How do I get the local "Administrator" account to be the Built-in administrator account?

The list of user accounts are:
    admin (local admin account I made in Win 7)
    Administrator (I assume local administrator account that is automatically created)
    administrator.AESSEINVLTD (domain admin account I am logged in with)
    Default.migrated
    Public.

brycez28, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Try3 Win User
    Admin Account Disabled

I am glad that the problem is fixed.

It occurs to me that [whilst I know nothing about domains] since you now have your working Admin account & a spare Admin account you might want to make a system image then connect to that domain again.
    • I suspect that the domain might only mess up Admin accounts that you are currently logged into at the time & leave your other Admin accounts alone.
    • If this is true then you could routinely make a temporary [sacrificial] Admin account to connect with so that your normal accounts were kept safe.

All the best,
    Denis

4. RWOne Win User

Domain Admin account disabled, but one computer can still logon to it.

Can't login as local user after adding a computer to a domain

Your logon username for local is incorrect.

If the username created was "Admin", then the local machine logon is:

Workstation001\Admin (Omit "Local") It already knows you are logging onto the machine from the machine header.

RWOne, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Domain Admin account disabled, but one computer can still logon to it.

1. Domain Admin account disabled, but one computer can still logon to it. - Similar Threads - Domain Admin account

2. Disable UAC for non admin on domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable UAC for non admin on domain: I have a Windows 11 computer. UAC doesn't allow me to lower the UAC settings for a non admin user on this computer. It keeps telling me to log in to an administrator account to do so but when I log into that administrator account it doesn't change it for the non admin user. I...
  3. Disable UAC for non admin on domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable UAC for non admin on domain: I have a Windows 11 computer. UAC doesn't allow me to lower the UAC settings for a non admin user on this computer. It keeps telling me to log in to an administrator account to do so but when I log into that administrator account it doesn't change it for the non admin user. I...
  4. computer account logons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer account logons: I would like to know the difference between user account and computer account in active directory. I got a lot of successful logon eventsevent 4624 with destination user name as computer account name. When these computer accounts get logged in?...
  5. computer account logons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer account logons: I would like to know the difference between user account and computer account in active directory. I got a lot of successful logon eventsevent 4624 with destination user name as computer account name. When these computer accounts get logged in?...
  6. computer account logons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Local admin account vs domain admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local admin account vs domain admin account: Can both local admin account and domain admin account make changes on the Windows 10 Pro PC? Like installing programs, uninstalling, making network changes etc. Does one account has more access than the other?...
  8. Disabling CMD and BIOS for non admin accounts Domain

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling CMD and BIOS for non admin accounts Domain: Hello dear people of Tenforums. ive used this site everyday since i started my job as head of IT in the local goverment office i work. and i have learned alot like making a new DC Anyways to the point. The systems implemented in the 4 schools of the local goverment are old...
  9. Domain admin account as built-in admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Domain admin account as built-in admin account: I just upgraded two brand new pc's from Win 7 to Win 10. Computers were already added to the domain in Win 7 and I was logged into the domain administrator account when I did the upgrade to Win 10. Now when I am logged in with the domain administrator account, I can't open...
  10. Slow Logon Times with Domain Account

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Logon Times with Domain Account: Hi all, I use my work laptop as my personal machine. When I logon away from the domain it takes about 3 minutes of the verbose message "waiting for user profile service" before it will show the desktop. Any ideas how to change the time out period for how long it waits to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. admin account is disabled but displayed at logon