Windows 10: Domain Admin does not have admin privileges on domain Win10 workstation

Discus and support Domain Admin does not have admin privileges on domain Win10 workstation in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Domain Admin does not have admin privileges on domain Win10 workstation: Environment:DC/AD: Windows Server 2016Workstation: Windows 10 Enterprise 2OH2... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by seanvree, Aug 5, 2021.

1. seanvree Win User

Domain Admin does not have admin privileges on domain Win10 workstation

Domain Admin does not have admin privileges on domain Win10 workstation: EnvironmentDomain Admin does not have admin privileges on domain Win10 workstation :DC/AD: Windows Server 2016Workstation: Windows 10 Enterprise 2OH2 19042.1110 Issue:As a member of the "Domain Admins" and "Administrators" groups, a user "sean" is denied elevated privileges on a Windows 10 machine, and it is continually prompted for elevated admin rights. This issue began after this new domain admin user was created and logged on to this machine for the first time. CMD "whoami /groups" does not show inherited domain admin groups, however, CMD "net user sean /domain find 'grou

:)

seanvree, Aug 5, 2021
  2. wyeknott Win User

Domain Admin can't set Desktop Icons

A brand new Win 10 Pro (64-bit) from DELL.
    FWIW, BOTH DOMAIN ADMINs and DOMAIN USERS were added to the Local Administrators Group.

I (DOMAIN ADMIN) wanted to add "This PC" and "Network" to the local Desktop.
    I couldn't open Themes | "Desktop Icon Settings" to do that.
    Win10 threw an error suggesting no rights to do that! Is this CRAZY or not?

So logged in with a DOMAIN USER account and THAT user COULD do it!
    What's going on here? I'm starting to get scared of this PC. *Shock

Has anyone seen this behavior before?
    Is there a fix?

-Wye

wyeknott, Aug 5, 2021
  3. brycez28 Win User
    Domain admin account as built-in admin account

I just upgraded two brand new pc's from Win 7 to Win 10. Computers were already added to the domain in Win 7 and I was logged into the domain administrator account when I did the upgrade to Win 10. Now when I am logged in with the domain administrator account, I can't open Edge. It says "This app can't open. Microsoft Edge can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again."

How do I get the local "Administrator" account to be the Built-in administrator account?

The list of user accounts are:
    admin (local admin account I made in Win 7)
    Administrator (I assume local administrator account that is automatically created)
    administrator.AESSEINVLTD (domain admin account I am logged in with)
    Default.migrated
    Public.

brycez28, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Domain Admin does not have admin privileges on domain Win10 workstation - Similar Threads - Domain Admin does

2. Domain Admin account does not have admin privileges on domain Win10 and Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain Admin account does not have admin privileges on domain Win10 and Windows 11...: Environment:DC/AD: Windows Server 2022Workstation: Windows 10 and 11 Issue:I have two accounts that belong to "Domain Admins" and "Administrators" groups, the domain admin accounts are denied elevated privileges on client Windows 10 and 11 machine, and it is continually...
  3. Domain Admin account does not have admin privileges on domain Win10 and Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Domain Admin account does not have admin privileges on domain Win10 and Windows 11...: Environment:DC/AD: Windows Server 2022Workstation: Windows 10 and 11 Issue:I have two accounts that belong to "Domain Admins" and "Administrators" groups, the domain admin accounts are denied elevated privileges on client Windows 10 and 11 machine, and it is continually...
  4. Owner change to Domain Admins on Enterprise Workstations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Owner change to Domain Admins on Enterprise Workstations: Is there a GP that will allow owner change on many 300 workstations... and have that selected as a Default when a computer is staged: At least to change in bulk - and not 1:1. 1. Right-click on the PC object and choose 'Security' tab.2. Look towards the bottom right hand side...
  5. Owner change to Domain Admins on Enterprise Workstations

Owner change to Domain Admins on Enterprise Workstations: Is there a GP that will allow owner change on many 300 workstations... and have that selected as a Default when a computer is staged: At least to change in bulk - and not 1:1. 1. Right-click on the PC object and choose 'Security' tab.2. Look towards the bottom right hand side...
  6. Owner change to Domain Admins on Enterprise Workstations

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin: Hi everyone.I'm looking for some advise on AAD and device domain / local Admin.My customer has a personal device that is AAD registered, a local Admin account has been created however the credentials we hold are incorrect. So completing anything requiring Admin permission...
  8. AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin

AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin: Hi everyone.I'm looking for some advise on AAD and device domain / local Admin.My customer has a personal device that is AAD registered, a local Admin account has been created however the credentials we hold are incorrect. So completing anything requiring Admin permission...
  9. AAD Domain Admin & Local Admin

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Domain admin account as built-in admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Domain admin account as built-in admin account: I just upgraded two brand new pc's from Win 7 to Win 10. Computers were already added to the domain in Win 7 and I was logged into the domain administrator account when I did the upgrade to Win 10. Now when I am logged in with the domain administrator account, I can't open...