Windows 10: Domain admin user with special rights

Discus and support Domain admin user with special rights in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I need to set a domain admin user (setup in Active Directory) in all computers from a domain, but NOT with rights on servers. He/she should be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nicolas Zanelli, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Domain admin user with special rights

Hello, I need to set a domain admin user (setup in Active Directory) in all computers from a domain, but NOT with rights on servers.

He/she should be able to do everything, but no starting session in any server (olny in user's computers).

Is this possible?

Thanks.

:)

Nicolas Zanelli, Jan 8, 2019
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Jan 8, 2019
  3. wyeknott Win User
    Domain Admin can't set Desktop Icons

A brand new Win 10 Pro (64-bit) from DELL.
    FWIW, BOTH DOMAIN ADMINs and DOMAIN USERS were added to the Local Administrators Group.

I (DOMAIN ADMIN) wanted to add "This PC" and "Network" to the local Desktop.
    I couldn't open Themes | "Desktop Icon Settings" to do that.
    Win10 threw an error suggesting no rights to do that! Is this CRAZY or not?

So logged in with a DOMAIN USER account and THAT user COULD do it!
    What's going on here? I'm starting to get scared of this PC. *Shock

Has anyone seen this behavior before?
    Is there a fix?

-Wye

wyeknott, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Domain admin user with special rights

GPO local admin access for Domain user

Hi,

I have a question regarding the GPO that I created for certain domain user to get local admin access in their computer.

I have created new GPO in domain and do the setting as what I have learned.

They policy I enabled located at Computer Configuration but not User Configuration.

The question is :

If User A have local admin access logon on his PC, are User B or following user able to gain this local access right too when they logon into the same PC?

Regards,

Keith

Keith.Chan, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Domain admin user with special rights

1. Domain admin user with special rights - Similar Threads - Domain admin user

2. Give admin rights to one app to a different domain user.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Give admin rights to one app to a different domain user.: An app that im trying to install in a computer that is in a azure domain, it wont lauch if i just duble click on it. so everytime i have to run it as an admin. That means that i gave to login with admin credentials and start it as an administrator. Is there a way that i can...
  3. Give admin rights to one app to a different domain user.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Give admin rights to one app to a different domain user.: An app that im trying to install in a computer that is in a azure domain, it wont lauch if i just duble click on it. so everytime i have to run it as an admin. That means that i gave to login with admin credentials and start it as an administrator. Is there a way that i can...
  4. Admin Rights switched to Standard User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin Rights switched to Standard User: Win10 Pro Ver. 21H1 I recently changed my logon password and somehow (probably being careless) have disabled my Administrator Rights and switched the system to Standard User. Now of course the UAC is preventing me from opening apps, various sites, Power Shell (Admin) or...
  5. Admin Rights switched to Standard User

in Windows 10 Support
    Admin Rights switched to Standard User: Win10 Pro Ver. 21H1 I recently changed my logon password and somehow (probably being careless) have disabled my Administrator Rights and switched the system to Standard User. Now of course the UAC is preventing me from opening apps, various sites, Power Shell (Admin) or...
  6. Local Admin/Domains Admin Rights ISSUE please help

Local Admin/Domains Admin Rights ISSUE please help: Hello Guys, I know that here is lot of theards with similar issue but I have really read most of topics hours and hours and still dont understand how to do it so I am thank you for all advices: So we have company network "namecompany.com" where is connected all devices in...
  7. Admin Authorized User not having admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Authorized User not having admin rights: The acct I use to login in, the same acct that I used to set up my system when I purchased it was set with Administrator rights. I am the ONLY user and not part of an organization or workplace server. At first glance when you look at acct from the logoff perspective or inside...
  8. Adding Domain User as Local Admin

Adding Domain User as Local Admin: Hi there, We are trying to set up the computer of one of our remote employees in house and are running into the issue that every time a setting is changed or a program is installed, it is requiring an administrator password from our domain. We don't want this meaning having...
  9. ADMIN RIGHTS WITH SPECIAL PERMISSIONS HELPP !

ADMIN RIGHTS WITH SPECIAL PERMISSIONS HELPP !: special permissions are on your pc and I would like to know how to access them with all rights ,control userpasswords2 cmd quit on me, but the cmd for local useradmins showed it was me ...like when we load into are devices we expect to be the admin when we...
  10. Change User Account Admin rights

Change User Account Admin rights: I am the sole user of this computer. The control panel tells me I am an administrator but when I go into my account it says I am a standard user and won't let me change it to Administrator. I just want to manage my own computer and - for instance - delete files on a CD...