Windows 10: Domain and Workgroup

Discus and support Domain and Workgroup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to know if I setup domain then what is the benefit and if I setup homegroup then what is the benefit, which one is more useful. I read two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rahul4598743895, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Domain and Workgroup

Rahul4598743895, Jun 22, 2019

2. Missing domain for Workgroup

I have put my comuter into a Workgroup but it doesn't have a domain. I don't know how to create or find a domain for the Workgroup, This is causing me problems with Windows. What do you think I am missing here, and how would I correct it in your opinion?
    Thanks!

stanleythegrate, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Windows 'domain'?

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your concern in the Microsoft Community. Follow these steps to find the domain name:

• Press the Windows key + R then choose System.
    • The name of your computer will be listed as the Full computer name.
    • The domain your computer belongs to will be listed as the Domain. If, instead of Domain, you see Workgroup, your computer
      is not a member of any domain.

If you have any questions or things you'd like to clarify, feel free to ask.

Marvin Barc, Jun 22, 2019
  4. mncordal Win User

Domain and Workgroup

No domain, it is just WORKGROUP

How can I share an e-portfolio if my computer does not belong to any domain, it is just a WORKGROUP?

Thanks

mncordal, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Domain and Workgroup

1. Domain and Workgroup - Similar Threads - Domain Workgroup

2. What does the 'Domain or workgroup' button in settings do? System\About

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does the 'Domain or workgroup' button in settings do? System\About: HiI know I'm not giving a lot of detail but what does the Domain or workgroup button do in settings because I want to know what is does and if its safe...
  3. What does the 'Domain or workgroup' button in settings do? System\About

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does the 'Domain or workgroup' button in settings do? System\About: HiI know I'm not giving a lot of detail but what does the Domain or workgroup button do in settings because I want to know what is does and if its safe...
  4. Access file share on a workgroup server from a domain PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access file share on a workgroup server from a domain PC: Hi, I have problem to access a file share with the local user credential from a domain joined PC. I map the file share through network drive and select different user the login prompt shows up but the credential never get pass. Is it anything wrong that I do?...
  5. Access file share on a workgroup server from a domain PC

Access file share on a workgroup server from a domain PC: Hi, I have problem to access a file share with the local user credential from a domain joined PC. I map the file share through network drive and select different user the login prompt shows up but the credential never get pass. Is it anything wrong that I do?...
  6. Issue connecting to Printer usb plugged into workgroup computer from Domain joined server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue connecting to Printer usb plugged into workgroup computer from Domain joined server: We have recently Azure joined some computers and to do this it means we took them off our domain on site and put them on the workgroupThe printer is shared and I can browse to the computer from the server, I can see the printer listed but when I try connect to it, it just...
  7. Issue connecting to Printer usb plugged into workgroup computer from Domain joined server

Issue connecting to Printer usb plugged into workgroup computer from Domain joined server: We have recently Azure joined some computers and to do this it means we took them off our domain on site and put them on the workgroupThe printer is shared and I can browse to the computer from the server, I can see the printer listed but when I try connect to it, it just...
  8. Issue connecting to Printer usb plugged into workgroup computer from Domain joined server

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. domain to workgroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    domain to workgroup: Hi Is it possible to change a domain account to microsoft account and move the computer from the domian to a workgroupRolf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-to-workgroup/d2eb94fe-13c4-488f-a1b2-0961207b8555
  10. domain to workgroup

domain to workgroup: Hi Is it possible to change a domain account to microsoft account and move the computer from the domian to a workgroupRolf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-to-workgroup/d2eb94fe-13c4-488f-a1b2-0961207b8555

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 removing workgroups

2. phone and computer setup on workgroup