Windows 10: Domain Controller Replication Issue

Discus and support Domain Controller Replication Issue in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i have two Domain Controllers one DC - Win2019 and Second is BDC - Windows 2012 R2my Problem is that I got this error :- DCdiag.exe From BDC to DC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AkramMokhtar, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Domain Controller Replication Issue

i have two Domain Controllers one DC - Win2019 and Second is BDC - Windows 2012 R2my Problem is that I got this error :- DCdiag.exe From BDC to DC Naming Context: DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=mirle,DC=com The replication generated an error 8606: Insufficient attributes were given to create an object. This object may not exist because it may have been deleted and already garbage collected. The failure occurred at 2022-04-18 11:22:54. The last success occurred at 2022-03-20 17:55:39. 2712 failures have occurred since the last

:)

AkramMokhtar, Apr 18, 2022
  2. changari Win User

Raising the windows domain and forest issues?

hi,

I run a domain that was all 2003 r2 servers. I recently upgraded all my domain controllers to windows 2012 r2.
    That went off without any problems.. Our trust relationships had no issues also.

My first step was to raise the Domain and Forest levels past 2003 to 2008. This went off without a hitch.
    These are the features for raising the levels to 2008:

• Features and benefits include all default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2003 domain functional level, plus:
    • Read-Only Domain Controllers – Allows implementation of domain controllers that only host read-only copy of NTDS database.
    • Advanced Encryption Services – (AES 128 and 256) support for the Kerberos protocol.
    • Distributed File System Replication (DFSR) – Allows SYSVOL to replicate using DFSR instead of older File Replication Service (FRS). It provides more robust and detailed replication of SYSVOL contents.

Forest Level Windows Server 2008

• Features and benefits include all of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, but no additional features. All domains that are subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level by default.

My next step is to raise the domain and forest to 2008 r2, then 2012, and finally 2012 r2. I have been trying to find out exactly what I could expect from raising the Domain and Forest for each step.

The step involving 2008 r2 seems relatively a non issue. But getting the couple of new features seem very nice

Domain Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level, plus 2 new features

Forest Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, plus the following features:

• Active Directory Recycle Bin, which provides the ability to restore deleted objects in their entirety while AD DS is running. <== New Feature very cool
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 R2 domain functional level by default.

Here is my big concerns for the next raising of domain and forest to 2012.

Forest Level Windows Server 2012:

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2008 R2 forest functional level, but no additional features.
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2012 domain functional level by default.

Domain Level Windows Server 2012 R2: <=====
    Need to investigate more and why this post

• DC-side protections for Protected Users. Protected Users authenticating to a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain can no longer:

• Authenticate with NTLM authentication <==============(what issues may arise)
    • Use DES or RC4 cipher suites in Kerberos pre-authentication
    • Be delegated with unconstrained or constrained delegation
    • Renew user tickets (TGTs) beyond the initial 4-hour lifetime

Will this affect my exchange anywhere users with remote access authenticating either clear of NTLM???
    and what would/may not to work properly day 1 when I raise the domain and forest to 2012. I cant really find anyone that can answer a straight question.

Has anyone gone through this? what problems did you have, if any , if a lot???

Any thoughts and suggestions will be much appreciated??

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

One more point... I am not sure if I posted this to the correct forum.. So if I was wrong and it should be in a different one..
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW

changari, Apr 18, 2022
  3. bdanmo Win User
    UnattendedJoin error: failed to find the domain data (0x6e)

Thanks for the suggestion! I don't want to add a domain account, as this is a generic unattended install that will be used for all company machines. Do you think it's possible that the computer would join the domain if, instead of using UnattendedJoin in specialize, I used your steps but left out the specific account?

The other thing I was thinking was to use a generic account to allow the domain join during the specialize step. I added a machine password in the UnattendedJoin component, and instead of getting the error listed above, I got an authentication error, which makes me think I could probably do a secure join instead of the unsecure join.

Thoughts?

bdanmo, Apr 18, 2022
  4. Domain Controller Replication Issue

Duplicated Domain Controllers

I was in the process of configuring Password and Desktop Background Polices at a company, but it has been unsuccessful so far. I tried ruining group policy updates on the client computers but not luck with that. I tried rejoining client computers to domain.

Initially I was told that there were 2 domain controllers with replication, only one has Group Policy Management configured.

After diving in, i realize there were 3 domain controllers , DC1,DC2,DC3.In the DNS entry it shows DC2 and DC3 have same IP Addresses. I'm not too sure if that's possible or if it may be the cause of the GPO issues. This is my first time coming across this
    and working with more than one domain controller in a domain.

When I connect using remote desktop, DC2 and DC3 brings me to the same desktop.When i run a nslookup they both bring back the same IP Address.

The Domain Controllers Also encounter issues replicating.In Group Policy Management it shows that DC3 is inaccessible.

DC2 is the Primary Domain Controller.

Should i delete DC3?

kazimplacide, Apr 18, 2022
Thema:

Domain Controller Replication Issue

1. Domain Controller Replication Issue - Similar Threads - Domain Controller Replication

2. Group Policy not replicating between Domain Controllers

in Windows 10 News
    Group Policy not replicating between Domain Controllers: [ATTACH]This post provides the most suitable solutions to the issue whereby Group Policies are not applying as well as not replicating between Domain Controllers in a typical Windows Server environment. If GPOs are not syncing or replicating between domain controllers, it...
  3. AD Replication Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AD Replication Issue: Hello,We have an issue with AD replication at work. We have 3 ADs, 2 running Windows Server 2012 R2 and 1 with WS 2019.The 2 servers with WS2012R2 can replicate between them but not with the 3rd one. But the server with WS2019 can replicate to the other 2.What am i missing...
  4. AD Replication Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AD Replication Issue: Hello,We have an issue with AD replication at work. We have 3 ADs, 2 running Windows Server 2012 R2 and 1 with WS 2019.The 2 servers with WS2012R2 can replicate between them but not with the 3rd one. But the server with WS2019 can replicate to the other 2.What am i missing...
  5. Domain Controller Replication Issue

Domain Controller Replication Issue: i have two Domain Controllers one DC - Win2019 and Second is BDC - Windows 2012 R2my Problem is that I got this error :- DCdiag.exe From BDC to DC Naming Context: DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=mirle,DC=com The replication generated an error 8606: Insufficient attributes were given to...
  6. Personal certificates not being replicated in Windows Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal certificates not being replicated in Windows Domain: We have Ras and IAS Server , a Windows 2012 Server doesnt seem to have the same certificates as the rest of the Windows 2016 and 2019 servers in the domain. How can we force or recerficate the server...
  7. Personal certificates not being replicated in Windows Domain

Personal certificates not being replicated in Windows Domain: We have Ras and IAS Server , a Windows 2012 Server doesnt seem to have the same certificates as the rest of the Windows 2016 and 2019 servers in the domain. How can we force or recerficate the server...
  8. Domain controller is not replicating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain controller is not replicating: Hi Techies,We have run in kind of a situation here in our estate. We found out that one of DC is not replicating properly with rest of them . On some troubleshooting I did reset affected DC password using netdom but that did not help and now it is saying "The naming context...
  9. Domain controller is not replicating

Domain controller is not replicating: Hi Techies,We have run in kind of a situation here in our estate. We found out that one of DC is not replicating properly with rest of them . On some troubleshooting I did reset affected DC password using netdom but that did not help and now it is saying "The naming context...
  10. Administrator Account Replication Through Domain Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Account Replication Through Domain Accounts: Hi, all.I have recently encountered an issue with Windows 10 Enterprise. It may be hard to explain, so I'll give it my best shot.When putting a computer into my domain, I'm seeing that the domain accounts do not replicate information or data that was put into the...