Windows 10: Domain redirection to another site?

Discus and support Domain redirection to another site? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello following is give: Domain 1: www.meinedomain1.de, this page contains a Json format, let's say about dates. My goal is to manipulate domain 1 (on... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Anonymer255, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Domain redirection to another site?

Hello following is give: Domain 1: www.meinedomain1.de, this page contains a Json format, let's say about dates. My goal is to manipulate domain 1 (on the PC) in such a way that I am redirected to domain 2: www.meinedomain2.de, so that other dates are entered. Does anyone have an idea, maybe in the Hosts file? How do I do that?

:)

Anonymer255, Jun 8, 2020
  2. changari Win User

Raising the windows domain and forest issues?

hi,

I run a domain that was all 2003 r2 servers. I recently upgraded all my domain controllers to windows 2012 r2.
    That went off without any problems.. Our trust relationships had no issues also.

My first step was to raise the Domain and Forest levels past 2003 to 2008. This went off without a hitch.
    These are the features for raising the levels to 2008:

• Features and benefits include all default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2003 domain functional level, plus:
    • Read-Only Domain Controllers – Allows implementation of domain controllers that only host read-only copy of NTDS database.
    • Advanced Encryption Services – (AES 128 and 256) support for the Kerberos protocol.
    • Distributed File System Replication (DFSR) – Allows SYSVOL to replicate using DFSR instead of older File Replication Service (FRS). It provides more robust and detailed replication of SYSVOL contents.

Forest Level Windows Server 2008

• Features and benefits include all of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, but no additional features. All domains that are subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level by default.

My next step is to raise the domain and forest to 2008 r2, then 2012, and finally 2012 r2. I have been trying to find out exactly what I could expect from raising the Domain and Forest for each step.

The step involving 2008 r2 seems relatively a non issue. But getting the couple of new features seem very nice

Domain Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level, plus 2 new features

Forest Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, plus the following features:

• Active Directory Recycle Bin, which provides the ability to restore deleted objects in their entirety while AD DS is running. <== New Feature very cool
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 R2 domain functional level by default.

Here is my big concerns for the next raising of domain and forest to 2012.

Forest Level Windows Server 2012:

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2008 R2 forest functional level, but no additional features.
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2012 domain functional level by default.

Domain Level Windows Server 2012 R2: <=====
    Need to investigate more and why this post

• DC-side protections for Protected Users. Protected Users authenticating to a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain can no longer:

• Authenticate with NTLM authentication <==============(what issues may arise)
    • Use DES or RC4 cipher suites in Kerberos pre-authentication
    • Be delegated with unconstrained or constrained delegation
    • Renew user tickets (TGTs) beyond the initial 4-hour lifetime

Will this affect my exchange anywhere users with remote access authenticating either clear of NTLM???
    and what would/may not to work properly day 1 when I raise the domain and forest to 2012. I cant really find anyone that can answer a straight question.

Has anyone gone through this? what problems did you have, if any , if a lot???

Any thoughts and suggestions will be much appreciated??

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

One more point... I am not sure if I posted this to the correct forum.. So if I was wrong and it should be in a different one..
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW

changari, Jun 8, 2020
  3. robos Win User
    Getting a domain name...

Just simple 3 steps to make your website glow to millions…
    Step 1: Sign up now and get a FREE domain!
    Step 2: Design your new website in minutes!
    Step 3: You are live! Share your life online!

Click here…

robos, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Domain redirection to another site?

Windows 'domain'?

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your concern in the Microsoft Community. Follow these steps to find the domain name:

• Press the Windows key + R then choose System.
    • The name of your computer will be listed as the Full computer name.
    • The domain your computer belongs to will be listed as the Domain. If, instead of Domain, you see Workgroup, your computer
      is not a member of any domain.

If you have any questions or things you'd like to clarify, feel free to ask.

Marvin Barc, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Domain redirection to another site?

1. Domain redirection to another site? - Similar Threads - Domain redirection another

2. Another site copying from here

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another site copying from here: I've just seen this, and was not sure where to post about it.I'd made a topic on answers here and just recently seen it was copy/pasted using my name on another site I've never been to.The topic here:Share laptop WiFi via ethernet cable to PCThe topic on the other...
  3. Windows credentials on another domain share

Windows credentials on another domain share: Hi and thanks in advance for the time spent to read my issue.I've some user on our domain lets call it DomA that need to access a share on a fileserver in another domain DomB. The issue is that windows tries silently to log in on the share with the DomA credential, fails and...
  4. Browser redirect on its' own to a malware site.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser redirect on its' own to a malware site.: My computer has Windows 8.1 with Mozilla Firefox as internet browser and is protected by ESET NOD32 Antivirus 8.When connected to the internet email, news, youtube, etc., I receive ESET notifications that a website was blocked http://survey-smiles.com IP Address:...
  5. Redirecting a folder path to another drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Redirecting a folder path to another drive?: Keeping the problem fairly short and sweet: I would like to be able to redirect a folder on my Hard Disk E: Drive to my Solid State C: Drive so that when programs try to access within that folder path, they're instead using the faster C: drive. For, example, if it tries...
  6. "How to logon to another domain"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "How to logon to another domain": On Windows on the login screen for Windows, there is the option for the "Logon to another domain" so I added the computer to my AD list and tried to login and it said "the security database for this computer does not have a computer domain trust relationship" I'm just...
  7. Automatic redirect of unsupported sites in IE to Edge in 20H2

in Browsers and Email
    Automatic redirect of unsupported sites in IE to Edge in 20H2: In 20H2 if you try to open a website in Internet Explorer that says it doesn't support IE then IE will automatically open the site in Chromium Edge and close. One such site is Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free & Borrowable Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine This...
  8. Not able to "save image as" from another site to my site

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to "save image as" from another site to my site: As a business application I am trying to "save image as" from another site to my site but suddenly it isn't working. I'm using chrome and windows 10...
  9. problem with receiving mail from domain site

problem with receiving mail from domain site: Hi I'm having some trouble receiving mail from the works email address, I have used the advance set up in windows 10 mail programme to input all the details and it says the account is set up which I can see in the email list though it will not download emails or let me...
  10. Request for Assistance #2 (Web site redirects me to a 2d site)

in Browsers and Email
    Request for Assistance #2 (Web site redirects me to a 2d site): I havre beern trying to access a particular web site and receive the following error essage: "This is a temporary Parking Page for filetobox.com. To point this domain name to its actual destination, Login to your Control Panel and change the nameservers for this domain...