Windows 10: Domain to Workgroup changed local profile folders, WB back to Domain didn't change it back

Discus and support Domain to Workgroup changed local profile folders, WB back to Domain didn't change it back in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; One of my own Win10Pro workstations was going from work to home office so I removed it from the Domain.My previous user name on the Domain was "Greg" &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GregRBradley, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Domain to Workgroup changed local profile folders, WB back to Domain didn't change it back

One of my own Win10Pro workstations was going from work to home office so I removed it from the Domain.My previous user name on the Domain was "Greg" & my profile information was in the Directory "Greg". When I changed to a Workgroup, it created a new directory with my full name "Greg Bradley". This caused me to lose certain functions of software but that didn't matter as that software didn't need to work from home.I have now connected my home office and my office with VPN and want the full functionality at home. So I added the computer back to the Domain. It is still using the profile fol

:)

GregRBradley, Jun 6, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

I removed my reply because watching those instructions on TechNet I started wondering if they really work with Windows 10.

Anyway, whatever you try create first a dummy profile, customize it a bit and move it to domain. If everything works, you can then move real profiles.

Kari, Jun 6, 2021
  3. Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how to migrate a local profile to a domain profile without software? I have some Windows 10 computers that are setup as workgroups, but we need to move them to the company domain. I want to ensure that users don't lose their files, settings, etc. Thanks in advance.

Shay

orthompson, Jun 6, 2021
  4. Wozzer Win User

Domain to Workgroup changed local profile folders, WB back to Domain didn't change it back

Changing Domains

Hello Guys,

Just a quicky. Im building a quick website for college that I might use when I go to University. However - I don't really want to buy a new domain as I might not keep the website. At the moment, I own the domain: flux*****.co.uk. Am I able to create & upload all my files to the server and direct it under that domain (Flux*****.co.uk) and then later on in the year, if i decide to keep it - Change the domain to a more suitable one?

*Toast :toast:

Wozzer, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

Domain to Workgroup changed local profile folders, WB back to Domain didn't change it back

1. Domain to Workgroup changed local profile folders, WB back to Domain didn't change it back - Similar Threads - Domain Workgroup changed

2. domain to workgroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    domain to workgroup: Hi Is it possible to change a domain account to microsoft account and move the computer from the domian to a workgroupRolf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-to-workgroup/d2eb94fe-13c4-488f-a1b2-0961207b8555
  3. domain to workgroup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    domain to workgroup: Hi Is it possible to change a domain account to microsoft account and move the computer from the domian to a workgroupRolf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-to-workgroup/d2eb94fe-13c4-488f-a1b2-0961207b8555
  4. domain to workgroup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Migrate from domain profile to local profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrate from domain profile to local profile: Here is my situation, I had a Windows server set up in my house with PCs connected to it on my network. I took the server out of operation a few years ago but have been logging into my PCs with the same accounts with no issues. A few days ago I wanted to change the password...
  6. Migrate from domain profile to local profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrate from domain profile to local profile: Here is my situation, I had a Windows server set up in my house with PCs connected to it on my network. I took the server out of operation a few years ago but have been logging into my PCs with the same accounts with no issues. A few days ago I wanted to change the password...
  7. Change computer system setting from workgroup to Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change computer system setting from workgroup to Domain: Hello, I have a problem that my credentials are being stolen all the time, over almost half a year. Each time I have to reset my computer, so I can "reset" the credential stealth process over in my computer. I figured out that maybe the problem is due to my computer...
  8. Domain and Workgroup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Domain and Workgroup: I want to know if I setup domain then what is the benefit and if I setup homegroup then what is the benefit, which one is more useful. I read two articles from google but did not clear my queries: https://hubsadda.com/domain-vs-workgroup/...
  9. Missing domain for Workgroup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing domain for Workgroup: I have put my comuter into a Workgroup but it doesn't have a domain. I don't know how to create or find a domain for the Workgroup, This is causing me problems with Windows. What do you think I am missing here, and how would I correct it in your opinion? Thanks!...
  10. Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Migrate Locale Profile to Domain: Hi Everyone, Does anyone know how to migrate a local profile to a domain profile without software? I have some Windows 10 computers that are setup as workgroups, but we need to move them to the company domain. I want to ensure that users don't lose their files, settings,...