Windows 10: Domain user getting a temporary profile when logging on a workstation

Discus and support Domain user getting a temporary profile when logging on a workstation in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; One of the domain user is getting logged onto a temporary profile on any workstation that they log onto. I have checked the registry and removed the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Andrew Pat, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Domain user getting a temporary profile when logging on a workstation

One of the domain user is getting logged onto a temporary profile on any workstation that they log onto. I have checked the registry and removed the corrupted user profile. Ensured that the user profile was deleted. Also performed a sfc and dism. DISM fails when you do a scan or a restore health error code 1223

Inspite of all these, it loads a temporary profile. When I checked the event logs. there were logs saying that it can find the local profile on the workstation and hence loading a temporary profile.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Andrew Pat, Mar 4, 2020
  2. Steven Win User

Domain users are getting a temporary profile

Clean install of Windows10_InsiderPreview_x64_EN-US_10074
    After joining domain non admin users are getting a temporary profile and the start menu will not work.
    did not have this issue on earlier builds
    My domain admin user account is working fine

Steven, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Temporary Profile on Logon

Hi Elaine,

Being signed in with a temporary profile may occur if the user account is not loaded correctly or has been removed from the system. For us to properly assist you in rectifying this unusual behavior, supply more information by answering these questions:

• Is your PC connected to a domain?
    • Were you able to load the same profile on your computer before using the new hard drive?
    • What exactly is being logged in as "temporary profile"? Is it another user account on your computer?
    • Aside from using the new hard drive, have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Domain user getting a temporary profile when logging on a workstation

Temporary profile issue on our domain

A user on our School domain keeps getting the "a temporary profile has been created" etc. We are using server 2012 and the PC's & Laptops are all windows 10. This is the only user out of approx. 40. This happens on any machine they try and log onto. Help!

Stuart-School, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Domain user getting a temporary profile when logging on a workstation

1. Domain user getting a temporary profile when logging on a workstation - Similar Threads - Domain user getting

2. Method to delete old profiles for domain users on Workstations/devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Method to delete old profiles for domain users on Workstations/devices: Does anyone know of or have, a method to delete users profiles properly from client devices, of deleted domain users. By "properly" I mean that it emulates the process of going to Properties >> Advanced System Settings >> Advanced TAB >> User profiles.With the early days of...
  3. Method to delete old profiles for domain users on Workstations/devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Method to delete old profiles for domain users on Workstations/devices: Does anyone know of or have, a method to delete users profiles properly from client devices, of deleted domain users. By "properly" I mean that it emulates the process of going to Properties >> Advanced System Settings >> Advanced TAB >> User profiles.With the early days of...
  4. Method to delete old profiles for domain users on Workstations/devices

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Domain workstations user profiles are getting deleted.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Domain workstations user profiles are getting deleted.: The environment here consists of a Windows Server 2012 R2 as the domain controller and about forty workstation all running Windows 10. On only a hand full of workstations, we occasionally about once a month experience an issue where all the user profiles get deleted. When the...
  6. Temporary user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary user profile: How do I change a temporary profile to a permanent one so that I don't lose settings and data every time I close down? I tried A. User's instruction but I got stuck at the net user administrator /active:yes command. This started when I tried to block certain websites by...
  7. Creating Domain User Profile Without Logging In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Creating Domain User Profile Without Logging In: Hi All, As we become an increasingly remote workforce, I would like to get away from asking for user credentials completely and make it so I can deploy a new computer to a user without having to log into their account. It's hard for an IT Administrator to enforce the IT...
  8. Temporary Profile Log In

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary Profile Log In: When I log in I get a pop up that says I am logging in with a temporary profile and I can't access my Microsoft Office documents. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-profile-log-in/ba82d217-0ff4-477c-bf11-1f7d7ff01c1b"
  9. Domain users are getting a temporary profile

in Windows 10 Support
    Domain users are getting a temporary profile: Clean install of Windows10_InsiderPreview_x64_EN-US_10074 After joining domain non admin users are getting a temporary profile and the start menu will not work. did not have this issue on earlier builds My domain admin user account is working fine 6935
  10. Enable or Disable Log On Users with Temporary Profiles in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Log On Users with Temporary Profiles in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Log On Users with Temporary Profiles in Windows How to Enable or Disable Log On Users with Temporary Profiles in Windows When signs in to the new account for the first time. A sign in to Windows. A user's profile folder also contains...