Windows 10: Domain User Profiles always "in use" or loaded

Discus and support Domain User Profiles always "in use" or loaded in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; There was a time where the profiles were not "in use" or loaded unless the user was actually logged into the machine, however, I've noticed recently... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by data1025, Oct 18, 2019.

1. data1025 Win User

Domain User Profiles always "in use" or loaded

There was a time where the profiles were not "in use" or loaded unless the user was actually logged into the machine, however, I've noticed recently that all profiles are always loaded and their profiles cannot be deleted unless I delete a key in the registry.

Example: PsLoggedOn shows all users who have EVER logged on rather than only the currently logged on user.

Example: Advanced > User Profiles - The delete button is greyed out for all users, even if their account is now "unknown" because their SID was deleted from the domain.

Example: Running the DelProf2 utility returns that all accounts are "in use".

I ran into this issue when needing C drive space and was unable to delete any of the large user profiles of staff who no longer work here.

Thank you for your assistance.

:)

data1025, Oct 18, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

I removed my reply because watching those instructions on TechNet I started wondering if they really work with Windows 10.

Anyway, whatever you try create first a dummy profile, customize it a bit and move it to domain. If everything works, you can then move real profiles.

3. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Rose Ter Win User

migrate user profile

Hi Adeel,

For us to better understand the problem and provide you the best resolution, please clarify the following:

• What do you mean when you mentioned domain user profile?
    • Are you trying to copy a local user profile to a domain account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Domain User Profiles always "in use" or loaded - Similar Threads - Domain User Profiles

2. User profile cannot be loaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile cannot be loaded: So first of all I reset my computer and deleted everything, then when it finished booted back up I can no longer long into my account a message pops saying the following “ the user profile service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded”I looked up some video...
  3. User profile not loaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile not loaded: Hello people!! Need en urgent help in solving the user profile issue in windows 11. I had recently updated my pc from windows 10 to 11. After a day of updating my pc I decided to reset my pc with local reinstall option. But unfortunately the system turned off without charge...
  4. User profile not loaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile not loaded: Hello people!! Need en urgent help in solving the user profile issue in windows 11. I had recently updated my pc from windows 10 to 11. After a day of updating my pc I decided to reset my pc with local reinstall option. But unfortunately the system turned off without charge...
  5. How to Remove Win 10 from domain and make domain user profile into a local user profile?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Remove Win 10 from domain and make domain user profile into a local user profile?: Hi, I have an environment with 10 clients that run Windows 10 Pro and I have a Synology DS918+ that runs as a Domain ControllerSynology Directory Server just as Active Directory. The clients have been joined to the domain and there exists domain users that have and use...
  6. User profile cannot be loaded

in Windows 10 Customization
    User profile cannot be loaded: [IMG]This occure when i tried to open other profile and now i cannot switch to my administrators profile because there is not any option to switch so i was stuck outside...
  7. NTUSER.DAT and domain user profile problem.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    NTUSER.DAT and domain user profile problem.: I have an issue with the profile on my PC. My PC is part of a domain and each time it starts it loads my profile and group policy. A month ago I added myself to a group in AD called 'terminal servers' as I was planning on setting up remote access. This group is used for our...
  8. Domain User Profiles always "in use" or loaded

in Windows 10 Support
    Domain User Profiles always "in use" or loaded: There was a time where the profiles were not "in use" or loaded unless the user was actually logged into the machine, however, I've noticed recently that all profiles are always loaded and their profiles cannot be deleted unless I delete a key in the registry. Example:...
  9. User profile is not loading after joining to domain in Windows 10 1803.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User profile is not loading after joining to domain in Windows 10 1803.: I have installed windows10 1803 and it was working fine, however once I joined it to domain the domain use was not able to load. This issue is happening in both ways (installing a fresh os or through upgrade)....
  10. Domain users are getting a temporary profile

in Windows 10 Support
    Domain users are getting a temporary profile: Clean install of Windows10_InsiderPreview_x64_EN-US_10074 After joining domain non admin users are getting a temporary profile and the start menu will not work. did not have this issue on earlier builds My domain admin user account is working fine 6935