Windows 10: Domain users are getting a temporary profile

Discus and support Domain users are getting a temporary profile in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Clean install of Windows10_InsiderPreview_x64_EN-US_10074 After joining domain non admin users are getting a temporary profile and the start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steven, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Steven Win User

Domain users are getting a temporary profile

Clean install of Windows10_InsiderPreview_x64_EN-US_10074
    After joining domain non admin users are getting a temporary profile and the start menu will not work.
    did not have this issue on earlier builds
    My domain admin user account is working fine

:)

Steven, Jun 9, 2015

2. Why does Windows 10 always sign in me with a temporary account?

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

If your computer is connected to a domain in your school, a temporary user profile is created when you log on to your system. When you log off the computer, the user profile is deleted.

This behavior occurs because the account that you use to log on to the computer is a member of one or more of the following groups:

· Guests

· Domain Guests

On the other hand, if your computer is not connected to a domain, then the reason why Windows might be creating a temporary user profile is because your user profile seems to be corrupted. But, before I ask you to fix the corrupted user profile, I would suggest
    you to check the application log in the event viewer which contains events logged by applications or programs. The application log will give us the exact description about why a temporary user profile is getting created. To check the application log in the
    event viewer, follow the steps below.

I: To check the application log in event viewer

1. In the start search type Event viewer and hit Enter.

2. Under Event View (Local), select
    Application log to display events on the right side of theEvent Viewer window.

3. Double click the event to view the event message and reply the status.

Ruth Buruga, Jun 9, 2015
  3. Temporary profile issue on our domain

A user on our School domain keeps getting the "a temporary profile has been created" etc. We are using server 2012 and the PC's & Laptops are all windows 10. This is the only user out of approx. 40. This happens on any machine they try and log onto. Help!

Stuart-School, Jun 9, 2015
Thema:

Domain users are getting a temporary profile

1. Domain users are getting a temporary profile - Similar Threads - Domain users are

2. cant login to temporary user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant login to temporary user profile: Out of the blue this morning, when I turned on my PC I got that "You have been logged in with a temporary profile" message. I can't log off and log in with another user because there is only one option to choose from..When I click on Computer - Local Disk C: - Users, it...
  3. Can't sign in Temporary User profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in Temporary User profile: After installing the latest update I can sign in to my Windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-temporary-user-profile/f67f2dd4-2796-45be-8023-4f1daa313e3a
  4. Can't sign in Temporary User profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in Temporary User profile: After installing the latest update I can sign in to my Windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-temporary-user-profile/f67f2dd4-2796-45be-8023-4f1daa313e3a
  5. Can't sign in Temporary User profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Domain workstations user profiles are getting deleted.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Domain workstations user profiles are getting deleted.: The environment here consists of a Windows Server 2012 R2 as the domain controller and about forty workstation all running Windows 10. On only a hand full of workstations, we occasionally about once a month experience an issue where all the user profiles get deleted. When the...
  7. Temporary user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary user profile: How do I change a temporary profile to a permanent one so that I don't lose settings and data every time I close down? I tried A. User's instruction but I got stuck at the net user administrator /active:yes command. This started when I tried to block certain websites by...
  8. User profile temporary sign-in issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User profile temporary sign-in issue: WHY has this update been released when the Build 20226 issue was already known? I cannot log into my normal account and do not have any programming knowledge, so I cannot apply the 'workarounds' I've found on the internet. I am FURIOUS with the amount of time I have wasted...
  9. Domain user getting a temporary profile when logging on a workstation

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Domain user getting a temporary profile when logging on a workstation: One of the domain user is getting logged onto a temporary profile on any workstation that they log onto. I have checked the registry and removed the corrupted user profile. Ensured that the user profile was deleted. Also performed a sfc and dism. DISM fails when you do a scan...
  10. Modify the temporary user profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Modify the temporary user profile: Hi, Many family members and their children come to my house and use my laptop. However, several times, they have wrecked my personal user account. I have setup a local account for this matter, called Visitor. In the users folder, I renamed 'visitor' to 'visitor1', so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. domain user temporary user