Windows 10: Domain User's profile deleted whenever they sign out of any Domain PCs

Discus and support Domain User's profile deleted whenever they sign out of any Domain PCs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, Here's a weird one. We have a Domain User account that works perfectly with our Windows 7 PCs. We're replacing these, and when this user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jasonb13, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Jasonb13 Win User

Domain User's profile deleted whenever they sign out of any Domain PCs

Hi there,

Here's a weird one. We have a Domain User account that works perfectly with our Windows 7 PCs. We're replacing these, and when this user signs in to Windows 10, they get a message saying 'Preparing Windows' instead of the usual black screen saying 'Hi...' etc. They then get in ok, but when they sign out, and I sign in with a different profile, their profile under C:\Users is gone.

This only happens with this Domain User, and it happens on any Windows 10 PC they try. Other user can use the same PCs without any issues. It feels like it's some sort of issue with the Domain User account itself, but I don't know what it might be.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

:)

Jasonb13, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

I removed my reply because watching those instructions on TechNet I started wondering if they really work with Windows 10.

Anyway, whatever you try create first a dummy profile, customize it a bit and move it to domain. If everything works, you can then move real profiles.

Kari, Feb 4, 2020
  3. FarshadZE Win User
    Migrate User Profile frm Domain to Local PC

Hi to all.

I was working in an office and we used a domain for the LAN setup. I am no longer working there and I want to transfer my user profile from that domain to local PC. In case I will have issues starting in future, since I can not connect to the Domain server
    I will have problems. I have admin privileges in both that domain and local PC. How can I migrate my user profile from that domain to local PC transferring all setting, files,...etc. Can any one help?

Thank you

FarshadZE, Feb 4, 2020
  4. robos Win User

Getting a domain name...

Just simple 3 steps to make your website glow to millions…
    Step 1: Sign up now and get a FREE domain!
    Step 2: Design your new website in minutes!
    Step 3: You are live! Share your life online!

Click here…

robos, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Domain User's profile deleted whenever they sign out of any Domain PCs - Similar Threads - Domain User's profile

2. Delete domain admin profile on logoff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete domain admin profile on logoff: Hi,Im looking at options regarding the aboveIf a member of my team who had domain admin privileges logs onto a users laptop to resolve an issue I would like the account to be deleted on logoff?We already use delprof if an account isnt used over a period of time but looking at...
  3. Windows 11 can't delete domain user profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can't delete domain user profiles: I want to remove a user profile from Win 11 but the delete button is greyed out.I signed in to a PC with a domain user account. Something is messed up with the profile and I want to remove it, then log back in with that same user and re-create the profile. I logged in with...
  4. Windows 11 can't delete domain user profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 can't delete domain user profiles: I want to remove a user profile from Win 11 but the delete button is greyed out.I signed in to a PC with a domain user account. Something is messed up with the profile and I want to remove it, then log back in with that same user and re-create the profile. I logged in with...
  5. Domain workstations user profiles are getting deleted.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Domain workstations user profiles are getting deleted.: The environment here consists of a Windows Server 2012 R2 as the domain controller and about forty workstation all running Windows 10. On only a hand full of workstations, we occasionally about once a month experience an issue where all the user profiles get deleted. When the...
  6. User@Domain / Domain\User problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User@Domain / Domain\User problem: So I was checking my Windows 10 computer and saw that there was no domain, it was in a WORKGROUP. I needed to use the format "User@Domain" or "Domain\User" for something, and I do not know what to put. The username is just "User" and there is no password. submitted by...
  7. NTUSER.DAT and domain user profile problem.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    NTUSER.DAT and domain user profile problem.: I have an issue with the profile on my PC. My PC is part of a domain and each time it starts it loads my profile and group policy. A month ago I added myself to a group in AD called 'terminal servers' as I was planning on setting up remote access. This group is used for our...
  8. One profile for Domain and non-domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One profile for Domain and non-domain: I have a couple users that work on their laptops outside of the office but need to connect to the domain when here. When they connect it creates a new profile and they have to re-register their software licenses. They also lose access to all of their documents and such unless...
  9. Switching users with & with out domains

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching users with & with out domains: I use my personal laptop for work at times. My work uses a domian ####.org. I currently am signed into a wrokgroup for my daily use. My question is, is there a way to quickly change from a workgroup to to my works domian so that I can access my work files and printers?...
  10. Domain users are getting a temporary profile

in Windows 10 Support
    Domain users are getting a temporary profile: Clean install of Windows10_InsiderPreview_x64_EN-US_10074 After joining domain non admin users are getting a temporary profile and the start menu will not work. did not have this issue on earlier builds My domain admin user account is working fine 6935