Windows 10: Domain Win10 device timeout to lockscreen despite settings

Discus and support Domain Win10 device timeout to lockscreen despite settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm having an issue finding what is enforcing timeout-to-lockscreen on a domain Win10 version 1909. Here is what I have done so far: - Per our GPO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Larkin857, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Larkin857 Win User

Domain Win10 device timeout to lockscreen despite settings

I'm having an issue finding what is enforcing timeout-to-lockscreen on a domain Win10 version 1909. Here is what I have done so far:

- Per our GPO administrators, no policy is currently active on the device that would cause the timeout

- In Power Options>Edit Plan Settings>Advanced Settings, performed the associated registry tweaks to show Display>Console lock display off timeout and Sleep>System unattended sleep timeout. I set both settings to 99999 minutes.

- In Power Options>Edit Plan Settings>Advanced Settings, Hard Disk>Turn off hard disk after is set to 99999 minutes, Sleep>Sleep after and >Hibernate after are both set to Never, and Display>Turn off display after is set to Never

- No screensaver is enabled

What settings could be overruling all of these to force the device to lockscreen after 15 or so minutes?

Thanks

:)

Larkin857, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 23, 2020
  3. lockscreen SlideShow allusers domain

Hello,

How to configure a lockscreen slideshow for allusers in my domain ? ( Just 1 computer in fact)

It's a windows10 entreprise 1809 recently installed.

I've seen gpo but only fixed image at lockscreen, not slideshow lockscreen.

Can you help me Domain Win10 device timeout to lockscreen despite settings :) ?

Thanks a lot

Maxime.

Maxime DORCZYNSKI, Jun 23, 2020
  4. farby Win User

Lumia 950 shipping with Lockscreen Timeout bug

Hi SolderFace,

Don't think its a Bug but on purpose to prevent screen burn since the subject device has an AMOLED display.

BTW, on the 2 Lumias (earlier models) that I have, the Maps application always remain ON irrespective of Lockscreen Timeout setting.

farby, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Domain Win10 device timeout to lockscreen despite settings - Similar Threads - Domain Win10 device

2. BSOD Clock watchdog timeout win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Clock watchdog timeout win10: CPU: i5 13600kfGPU: ASUS DUAL RTX 3070RAM: 2x 16GB GOODRAM IRDM XMB: Asrock B760M-HDV/M.2/ D4PSU: Gigabyte P750GMHD: Samsung 970 evo M.2COL: ENDORFY Navis F240Case: NZXT H7 first MB had got front USB issuesWin 10From time to time the computer got BSOD machine check exceptions...
  3. Setting up Win10 Pro on a domain after upgrading from Win10 Home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting up Win10 Pro on a domain after upgrading from Win10 Home?: I bought a Dell laptop that had Win10 Home on it and I planned to set it up as a business laptop but I had to upgrade it to Pro inorder to connect it to a domain. I set up a generic local account to upgrade it to Pro, but I am not quite sure how to change the account type to...
  4. lockscreen settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lockscreen settings: after facory resseting my windows 10 computer, it seems as if windows spotlight has stopped working. now when i go on my lockscreen i go onto the main colour of the computer purple . it shows all of the time date and everything , it even shows the info that you get with the...
  5. lockscreen timeout problem.

lockscreen timeout problem.: So the problem started when I wanted to change lockscreen from windows spotlight to pictures. I accidentally enabled lock the screen. So now windows locks after around 30 seconds and goes to screen saver. I changed console lock display off timeout to 10 minutes but It still...
  6. Ping timeout despite working Internet?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ping timeout despite working Internet?: Hello, i have the problem that i have been struggling with my internet for some time now. In general, it works fine, but it happens again and again that pages don't load at first and I can't connect, for example in online games. Another anomaly is the above mentioned...
  7. Change Domain Timeout

Change Domain Timeout: Hi yeah, so our company computers are part of an AD and domain. If I mis-type my password logging in while not connected to the company network (this is permitted) the timeout is insanely long. Maybe a full minute? And if I need to put my admin credentials for an application...
  8. Win10 file location permissions timeout setting? not screen or login timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 file location permissions timeout setting? not screen or login timeout: I've been experiencing an intermittent problem, starting several weeks ago. I'm not sure if it might have been the result of a Win10 update or an IT configuration change, so I'm posting here just to get ideas of what to check. I leave my PC at my desk each night, turned on...
  9. Blank Lockscreen win10

Blank Lockscreen win10: My pc is just showing blue blank screen on the lockscreen like this:[ATTACH] And when im trying to change the picture I just got some infinity loading like this: [ATTACH]any solution? thank you...
  10. lockscreen SlideShow allusers domain

lockscreen SlideShow allusers domain: Hello, How to configure a lockscreen slideshow for allusers in my domain ? ( Just 1 computer in fact) It's a windows10 entreprise 1809 recently installed. I've seen gpo but only fixed image at lockscreen, not slideshow lockscreen. Can you help me :) ? Thanks a lot...