Windows 10: Donated Laptops not joining Domain Network

Discus and support Donated Laptops not joining Domain Network in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, we have been donated Dell E7470s laptops to our nonprofit without any OS. We have installed the OS and joined our Domain but when we attempt to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NonProfit1902, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Donated Laptops not joining Domain Network

Hello, we have been donated Dell E7470s laptops to our nonprofit without any OS. We have installed the OS and joined our Domain but when we attempt to connect to our internal domain Wi-Fi network they cannot connect. They connect fine the the guest Wi-Fi network or any other Wi-Fi hotspot. I get a prompt with username and password. This should automatically be populated via GP and does not happen with any other new laptop or reconfigured laptop only these donated machines.All new laptops and a few of these have connected fine to the same Wi-Fi network but we struggle with quite a few of th

:)

NonProfit1902, Sep 28, 2022

2. Re-join the domain after upgrade

There is no need to leave the domain, you can perform the upgrade (with Admin privileges).

You can also leave the domain, upgrade with a local account, then join the domain again.

Resources:

Andre Da Costa, Sep 28, 2022
  3. bdanmo Win User
    UnattendedJoin error: failed to find the domain data (0x6e)

Thanks for the suggestion! I don't want to add a domain account, as this is a generic unattended install that will be used for all company machines. Do you think it's possible that the computer would join the domain if, instead of using UnattendedJoin in specialize, I used your steps but left out the specific account?

The other thing I was thinking was to use a generic account to allow the domain join during the specialize step. I added a machine password in the UnattendedJoin component, and instead of getting the error listed above, I got an authentication error, which makes me think I could probably do a secure join instead of the unsecure join.

Thoughts?

bdanmo, Sep 28, 2022
  4. Terry1337 Win User

Donated Laptops not joining Domain Network

Wndows 10 Not leaving Workgroup To Join Domain

I have a new PC and am trying to join it to our domain. It displays under network and sharing that it is in the domain, but when I go to system properties and computer name then join the computer or change its name it is listed in a workgroup. If I try to change the workgroup to our domain it says to remove it from the workgroup. The new PC is in active directory on our domain server. How do I remove it from the workgroup?

Windows build 19042.870.

Terry1337, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

Donated Laptops not joining Domain Network

1. Donated Laptops not joining Domain Network - Similar Threads - Donated Laptops joining

2. Laptop domain-joined to InTune but cannot use domain accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop domain-joined to InTune but cannot use domain accounts: A laptop recently came to me that had been wiped by a 3rd party repair service. This has reset it from Edu Pro to Home version.I've reimaged it using an Edu Pro ISO from a USB, but I've had to create a temporary personal account to sign in to do so. I'm autopiloting it...
  3. Laptop domain-joined to InTune but cannot use domain accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop domain-joined to InTune but cannot use domain accounts: A laptop recently came to me that had been wiped by a 3rd party repair service. This has reset it from Edu Pro to Home version.I've reimaged it using an Edu Pro ISO from a USB, but I've had to create a temporary personal account to sign in to do so. I'm autopiloting it...
  4. Laptop domain-joined to InTune but cannot use domain accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Joining a Domain: I have a new Windows 11 Pro PC...and cannot join my domain. I enter the correct user name and password and domain i even tried domainname.local. It then asks for the computer name and computer domain. I have no idea what the computer domain is. I tried my network domain and...
  6. Problem Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Joining a Domain: I have a new Windows 11 Pro PC...and cannot join my domain. I enter the correct user name and password and domain i even tried domainname.local. It then asks for the computer name and computer domain. I have no idea what the computer domain is. I tried my network domain and...
  7. Donated Laptops not joining Domain Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Donated Laptops not joining Domain Network: Hello, we have been donated Dell E7470s laptops to our nonprofit without any OS. We have installed the OS and joined our Domain but when we attempt to connect to our internal domain Wi-Fi network they cannot connect. They connect fine the the guest Wi-Fi network or any other...
  8. Donated Laptops not joining Domain Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Donated Laptops not joining Domain Network: Hello, we have been donated Dell E7470s laptops to our nonprofit without any OS. We have installed the OS and joined our Domain but when we attempt to connect to our internal domain Wi-Fi network they cannot connect. They connect fine the the guest Wi-Fi network or any other...
  9. Joining a Domain

Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  10. Domain Joining error

Domain Joining error: Hai all I am Sumesh I have a problem for joining to my company domain ,if we trying to join a new win10 PC to domain its showing the below error Our Server is win2008 R2 and this system is win 10 pro 64bit please help me to solve this issu...