Windows 10: Donating PC

Discus and support Donating PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I plan to give away my PC, but want to remove all personal data before ding so, including the connection to OneDrive. Best way to do it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ns26u, Jul 18, 2020.

1. ns26u Win User

Donating PC

I plan to give away my PC, but want to remove all personal data before ding so, including the connection to OneDrive. Best way to do it?

:)

ns26u, Jul 18, 2020
  2. caperjack Win User

Prep for Donating My Computer

If you did real sensitive stuff, like banking and other very important things with your computer, then I suggest you take the hdd out and smash it up ,donate it with out the hdd...100% safest way

caperjack, Jul 18, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Donating PC

How to eliminate an equip that is going to be donated of an account

Hi J.Zandueta

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

You should just factory reset, choose to clean the drive and set it up with a dummy account for logging in. See steps:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

See additional steps about safely donating the computer:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/safely-sell-do...

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

Andre for Directly, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Donating PC

1. Donating PC - Similar Threads - Donating

2. Windows 7 to 10 conversion for a Charitable Donation Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 to 10 conversion for a Charitable Donation Laptop: I have an old Acer Aspire Timeline X laptop that is currently running Windows 7 SP1, I'd like to donate it to a family in need however it is currently running Windows 7, Is there any way to update it to Windows 10 for free? Since I am giving it away I do not want to incur any...
  3. Windows 7 to 10 conversion for a Charitable Donation Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 to 10 conversion for a Charitable Donation Laptop: I have an old Acer Aspire Timeline X laptop that is currently running Windows 7 SP1, I'd like to donate it to a family in need however it is currently running Windows 7, Is there any way to update it to Windows 10 for free? Since I am giving it away I do not want to incur any...
  4. How can I find someone to talk to about donating computers to a school in Jamaica in-need?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find someone to talk to about donating computers to a school in Jamaica in-need?...: I am with the University of Washington and the elementary school is Negril Primary in Jamaica. How can I find someone to talk to about donating computers to a school in Jamaica in-need?...
  5. How can I find someone to talk to about donating computers to a school in Jamaica in-need?...

How can I find someone to talk to about donating computers to a school in Jamaica in-need?...: I am with the University of Washington and the elementary school is Negril Primary in Jamaica. How can I find someone to talk to about donating computers to a school in Jamaica in-need?...
  6. Setting up donated laptop

Setting up donated laptop: Received a laptop from a school program that had been donated by a local company. The laptop has been reset. Select US and US keyboard, skip 2nd keyboard and then enter local network password. It then ask for a company email. I downloaded a fresh copy of windows 10 and loaded...
  7. Setting up donated laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up donated laptop: Received a laptop from a school program that had been donated by a local company. The laptop has been reset. Select US and US keyboard, skip 2nd keyboard and then enter local network password. It then ask for a company email. I downloaded a fresh copy of windows 10 and loaded...
  8. Setting up donated laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. RESETTING Windows 10 device b4 donation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RESETTING Windows 10 device b4 donation: Resetting W10 home prior to donation.Hi, can anyone advise me:- Do I hve to be on-line when I reset or can this be done offline? thks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-windows-10-device-b4-donation/f3fef89e-bb7d-4d3d-bb21-bdfc2ffcb7ba
  10. RESETTING Windows 10 device b4 donation

RESETTING Windows 10 device b4 donation: Resetting W10 home prior to donation.Hi, can anyone advise me:- Do I hve to be on-line when I reset or can this be done offline? thks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-windows-10-device-b4-donation/f3fef89e-bb7d-4d3d-bb21-bdfc2ffcb7ba