Windows 10: done w windows 10 until further notice

Discus and support done w windows 10 until further notice in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; well my issues are the fact that my mb is technically not 10 compatible. that and the fact that it was just using very generic and basic drivers to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Matt Siegel, Oct 10, 2015.

1. done w windows 10 until further notice

Matt, did you try a clean install once the W10 upgrade was activated? The P55 W10 upgrade I did lasted all of five minutes before I clean installed. The P55 was intoduced before the P67 so your motherboard shouldn't be a problem.

Torquemada, Oct 11, 2015

2. If your motherboard does not support booting from USB, you should create a bootable DVD then.

Safe Mode - Start Windows 10 in - Windows 10 Forums

You do not have to format a volume to install Windows.
    For the future, keep essential files on a separate partition.
    For Windows use something like 50GB partition, that will do.

TairikuOkami, Oct 11, 2015
  3. my mb is a issue w 10 though and i know this to be true because as i said before the board is not 10 compatible according to tech support at asus regardless of whether or not a older board was used in your case. in my case it is not because as i also mentioned before the system would not shutdown completely as it would under 7. and that in turn caused me to do a hard shutdown which in turn caused the startup file data for w 10 to be lost and or corrupted.

Matt Siegel, Oct 11, 2015
  4. done w windows 10 until further notice

e t
    the tech support people at asus told me this. and i feel this could very well be true because as i mentioned before and will say again my system would not shutdown completely under 10 as it did just fine under 7. and just because you have had luck with it does not mean someone else will. I have had horrible luck lately when it comes to computers. and thats just the start. I could go on and on and on but its not worth it imo. there is nothing i can do to fix my drive at all. it is beyond unrepairable at this point. I've already contacted wd on this and they are sending me a replacement as the one that went bad has a 5 year warranty on it. but then i have to figure out how to get the data off 2 older hard drives put onto the new one.

5. no i couldn't even boot into 10 at all. it is the drive that is bad which has caused both versions of windows to load very very slowly which is very very rarely and most of the time not at all.

6. jeff it is not a rant it is the truth of the matter and whether or not u choose to believe that well that is all on u.

7. CountMike New Member
    This really doesn't make any sense, None of my major components are officially compatible with W10 or W8/8.1 (according to manufacturers), some like TV card, scanner, printer, predate even W7 and yet everything works. I also have printer (HP Lj4) that was made in W95 era and it works.
    I have successfully installed W8 and 10 to few computers that were made at the time W7 just came out.

CountMike, Oct 11, 2015
  8. Hydranix Win User

done w windows 10 until further notice

When upgrading a computer's OS, you should always investigate and acquire every driver you'll need for your hardware.

You should also allow for the OS to settle in after the initial install. This can take a few minutes to even a day or two. Expectunusually long shut downs, boot ups, and random update installations/configurations during shutdown and boot up.

When a shutdown hangs, observe the HDD light almost every computer has somewhere within eyesight. If it's lit or flashing, don't force shutdown the machine. Wait until the light goes dark for at least a minute before forcing a shutdown.

Your motherboard is technically not supported in Windows 10. Most all of the components however function fine in Windows 10, but you'll not be able to receive any support from vendors (not that they're ever of much any real help anyway).

(not supported)
    P8P67 EVO | Motherboards | ASUS Global

Hydranix, Oct 11, 2015
  9. I have noticed on several posts that as soon as something goes wrong with their computer/laptop Microsoft and Windows 10 get the blame, when half the time they have not updated the software, before I even installed Windows 10 I made sure everything was up to date with windows 8.1.
    When 10 installed only one driver needed updating, and that was the graphics card which took all of a minute to do from the maker.
    So just wish they would leave 10 alone it is as far better than any other windows and I have used them all from 95 upwards

hTconeM9user, Oct 11, 2015
  10. CountMike New Member
    Any OS is just as compatible with any computer/component as drivers for that combination allow. There is no such thing as Windows only computer and definitely no "Windows such and such version computer", if it meets minimal HW conditions, only drivers can stop you to install them and make them work properly.
    Manufacturers of computers/parts not manufactured after a particular Windows came out may not declare it as compatible for it but may (and most of the time release drivers for them). Many drivers work even from previous Windows versions.
    So the heck with that W10 or whatever logo for computers/ parts, it's bloody gimmick.

CountMike, Oct 11, 2015
  11. fireberd Win User
    I have seen many older Dell's that were not certified by Dell for a certain OS not work on a different OS. Older Dells have a lot of proprietary hardware and require Dell supplied drivers or they will not work.

I just worked another thread that user with an old Dell XPS that was made for Windows XP and not supported for later OS' by Dell not have working audio. Win 10 was able to find other hardware drivers but the Dell proprietary Sigmatel audio is not compatible and Windows could not even install the generic High Definition Audio Device drivers. The only option for this user is to install a Win 10 compatible sound card.

fireberd, Oct 11, 2015
  12. Tony K Win User
    I wonder what Acer would tell me if I contacted them to see if my 9-year-old Acer T690 was compatible with 10? Of course they're going to tell me it's not compatible. They'll want me to purchase a new one. *Think

Other than this build 10547, 10 runs just fine on it. 8.1.1 on the other partition also.

Tony K, Oct 11, 2015
  13. fireberd Win User

Of course PC vendors want you to buy a new PC. They are in the business of building and selling new PC's, not upgrading old ones. Some hardware will run newer OS's and some will not. Up to the user to decide if they want to chance upgrade on one that is not supported.

fireberd, Oct 11, 2015
  14. well i am going by what the people at asus have told me about the fact technically my mb is not w10 compatible and was just using basic and generic drivers instead of actually using better and more official drivers etc which i believe very well could be part of the problem.

15. Matt, was it a clean install ?

Torquemada, Oct 11, 2015
Thema:

1. done w windows 10 until further notice - Similar Threads - done until further

2. Wired Network stops working until Troubleshoot by Windows is done.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Network stops working until Troubleshoot by Windows is done.: I am having an issue and cant seem to find anyone else with this problem. Currently running Windows 11 on 2 PCs and Windows 10 on a 3rd. My set up is ISP provided Modem - ISP provided Eero - Network Switch GS605 - 3 PCs. Randomly at a point in the day my wired internet...
  3. Wired Network stops working until Troubleshoot by Windows is done.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Network stops working until Troubleshoot by Windows is done.: I am having an issue and cant seem to find anyone else with this problem. Currently running Windows 11 on 2 PCs and Windows 10 on a 3rd. My set up is ISP provided Modem - ISP provided Eero - Network Switch GS605 - 3 PCs. Randomly at a point in the day my wired internet...
  4. Windows 10 Black Screen + Recovery Mode after Clean Reinstall W/O further actions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Black Screen + Recovery Mode after Clean Reinstall W/O further actions: Greetings,Recently I moved apartments and after booting up my PC with Windows 10 I noticed that after I would get the typical Windows start-up screen the monitor would go into Power Save mode. I have had this issue once before and I was able to overcome it because I think...
  5. Windows 10 Black Screen + Recovery Mode after Clean Reinstall W/O further actions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Black Screen + Recovery Mode after Clean Reinstall W/O further actions: Greetings,Recently I moved apartments and after booting up my PC with Windows 10 I noticed that after I would get the typical Windows start-up screen the monitor would go into Power Save mode. I have had this issue once before and I was able to overcome it because I think...
  6. Windows 10 Black Screen + Recovery Mode after Clean Reinstall W/O further actions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Microsoft takes down PC Health Check Tool until further notice

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft takes down PC Health Check Tool until further notice: Microsoft takes down PC Health Check Tool until further notice 181919
  8. windows 10 expiry notice

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 expiry notice: Hi, My client is running windows 10 pro, but one of the pc last week suddenly display dialog windows about to expire at random time. I just check control panel->system, it say windows is activated. Is there a reason why all the sudden this one pc displaying windows...
  9. Windows 10 Restarts with no notice

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Restarts with no notice: This week my laptop with Windows 10 has restarted without any notice. It has happened at least one time each day for the last 4 days. I will be at my computer and all of a sudden it restarts and I see a black screen with the Dell logo. Is there something I can do to stop my...
  10. Windows 10 Anniversary Update rollout may not be done until November

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update rollout may not be done until November: Microsoft is notifying Windows 10 users that the Anniversary Update may take three months to roll out. If you still haven't gotten the Windows 10 Anniversary Update pushed to your device yet, there may be some valid reasons why. Microsoft began rolling out the latest...