Windows 10: DONGLE for Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Malfunction

Discus and support DONGLE for Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Malfunction in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is my 2nd Purchase and both did the same error. This item is not even 2 months old, and this was purchased by our Procurement Department. I keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HelpMePleaseNY, Feb 14, 2020 at 9:22 AM.

1. DONGLE for Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Malfunction

This is my 2nd Purchase and both did the same error. This item is not even 2 months old, and this was purchased by our Procurement Department.

I keep getting an notification that the USB cannot recognize due to malfunction. Please Help Me!

:)

HelpMePleaseNY, Feb 14, 2020 at 9:22 AM
  2. toddmo Win User

Logitech wireless keyboard / mouse hangs

Problems

• Intermittent nature
    • The mouse will often hang (won't move)
    • The keyboard will often not type
    • Sometimes, the keys get saved up and come out later all at once, and sometimes they never come out
    • The mouse seems to have difficulty traveling to the top left of the screen.

Equipment

• Dell Precision M3800 Laptop
    • Windows 10 Professional operating system
    • Logitech wireless keyboard (K270)
    • Logitech wireless mouse (M185). They came in the same box / use the same dongle.
    • "Plugable USB 3.0" docking station that runs the DisplayLink software. It has two monitors attached to it, one by DVI and the other by HDMI. It's plugged into the laptop by USB.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken

• Wired keyboard and wired mouse work great.
    • When wireless was plugged in, it was in a USB port on the laptop itself, not the docking station
    • I rerouted the monitors to plug directly into the laptop (take this docking station out of the equation). So far the wireless keyboard/mouse are not malfunctioning. This seems to indicate that the docking station is a necessary component to reproduce the problem). But I have to give it 1-2 days to make sure because the problem is intermittent.

Question

What would be a good first choice for a fix I can try that won't hurt anything (update a driver...where?)?

3. How to pair a microsoft wireless keyboard to a microsoft mouse 5000 dongle

I have a Microsoft wireless mouse 5000.

Also have a set of Microsoft wireless mouse + keyboard 5000.

the dongle for the set broke. I would like to connect the wireless keyboard and mouse from the set to the dongle of the other Microsoft wireless mouse 5000. How do I do it?

Laura CeciliaAbad Zamora, Feb 14, 2020 at 9:26 AM
  4. DONGLE for Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Malfunction

Microsoft wireless mouse/keyboard not recognized.

I bought a wireless mouse and keyboard package. Its the Microsoft wireless mouse 500 and the wireless comfort keyboard 5050. It worked great for a while, but I got a Windows 10 update, and all of a sudden when I plug in the usb, I get an error saying
    it has malfunctioned or Windows doesn't recognize it. I tried reinstalling the 'Microsoft Mouse and keyboard Center', but that didn't help. Any suggestions?

justindemars, Feb 14, 2020 at 9:26 AM
Thema:

DONGLE for Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Malfunction

1. DONGLE for Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Malfunction - Similar Threads - DONGLE Wireless Keyboard

2. 850 Keyboard and Mouse - Malfunctioned Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    850 Keyboard and Mouse - Malfunctioned Error: I'm getting an error whenever I plug in the 850 receiver into my laptop that says it malfunctioned and to try it again. Neither the mouse and keyboard respond when receiver is plugged in. Is it even possible to replace the receiver?...
  3. Wireless mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless mouse and keyboard: I have a Lenovo laptop that was just forced to update to windows 1o. Now my Logitech wireless mouse and key board wont work. What do I do to make them work again?...
  4. Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 keyboard/Mouse and Dongle Matching

Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000 keyboard/Mouse and Dongle Matching: Hi, I have half a dozen or more keyboard Mouse pairs and dongles but they have not been labeled. I am trying to figure out what dongle goes with which mouse keyboard pair. From what I have read, the pairs are hard coded for each other and cannot be re-paired. Is there a P/N...
  5. Microsoft 3500 wireless mouse dongle

Microsoft 3500 wireless mouse dongle: Hi, lost my USB dongle for a 3500 wireless mouse. Where can I get a replacement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-3500-wireless-mouse-dongle/58044a52-c4ef-4797-b1ba-f7db95433b7b
  6. MS Keyboard & Mouse + Bluetooth Dongle?

MS Keyboard & Mouse + Bluetooth Dongle?: I bought an MS Sculpt Mouse a ergonomic keyboard they each came with their own Bluetooth Dongle. Is there a way to use only 1 dongle or can I some how use Bluetooth directly without any dongle? TIA Gary...
  7. Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

Wireless Keyboard and Mouse: I have an Inspiron 4471 AIO, a Dell Desktop and an Acer Laptop all running W10 ver 1809 with the latest updates. The wireless keyboard and mouse that came with the Inspiron work just fine but I want to replace the keyboard with a Logitech or Microsoft Keyboard/Mouse...
  8. mouse and keyboard dongle

mouse and keyboard dongle: hi,i have a model 3000 mouse and keyboard that lost my dongle.can i connect it to bluetooth on a computer?should i buy a new one?give me a recipe.thank you for your support...
  9. CSR V4.0 Dongle "malfunction"

CSR V4.0 Dongle "malfunction": I recently got a CSR V4.0 Dongle because my computer is not bluetooth compatible and i wanted to connect some devices to my computer. I plugged in the dongle and it says that the device malfunctioned. I tried plugging it into other USB ports and none of them even recognize...
  10. windows 10 update and wireless mouse malfunction

windows 10 update and wireless mouse malfunction: Since the last update my Logitech wireless mouse is now working erratic. This is the second time it had gone this way after an update. I don't remember if I did anything last time or if they updated the update. Any answers out there?? It would be so good if they could...