Windows 10: Don't allow 2 icons in one row in taskbar

Discus and support Don't allow 2 icons in one row in taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use my taskbar on the left side of my screen and since using it that way the taskbar icons annoyed me because there are always 2 icons in one row.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Enes Kavçakar, May 9, 2021.

1. Don't allow 2 icons in one row in taskbar

I use my taskbar on the left side of my screen and since using it that way the taskbar icons annoyed me because there are always 2 icons in one row. How can I make them stop doings this and only allow 1 icon in one row?

:)

Enes Kavçakar, May 9, 2021

2. Allow for 2 rows of icons in taskbar?

Hi Brink, thanks for the welcome.

locking/unlocking and adjusting the height/width of the taskbar is easy enough to do. But the issue I'm looking into is how to allow for 2 rows of icons within the taskbar.
    I don't have a Win7 machine available right now to snapshot for you, but in Win7 you could create multiple rows of icons within the taskbar. (I did find an image on Google close enough to reference)
    Don't allow 2 icons in one row in taskbar [​IMG]

Within Win10, we seem to have lost that feature. It appears that I can only have a single row of icons that will make you continue scrolling in a single line across the taskbar.

I'm just wondering if there's a way to allow multiple rows of icons in the taskbar again in Win10

jlindemann, May 9, 2021
  3. Allow for 2 rows of icons in taskbar?

Wondering if this feature still exists in Windows10 and how to accomplish it.

Back in Win7, I could unlock the taskbar and make it wider. This allowed me to drop more icons into the taskbar and would allow me to have two rows of icons.

With Win10 I can't seem to figure out how to accomplish this. I follow the same steps, but it centers the icons in the middle of the wider task bar and then will run the icons down so you have to scroll to see the rest of them.

Any way I can set it up to act like it did in Win7?

jlindemann, May 9, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Don't allow 2 icons in one row in taskbar

Allow for 2 rows of icons in taskbar?

The icons will only overflow into the second row when the first row is full.

Brink, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Don't allow 2 icons in one row in taskbar

1. Don't allow 2 icons in one row in taskbar - Similar Threads - Don't allow icons

2. Taskbar icons won't stay at three rows high.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons won't stay at three rows high.: This has been a problem forever and I've not found any successful fixes. The taskbar is at the bottom with three rows of icons. It's locked, but frequently the taskbar changes to one or two rows. How can I prevent the taskbar changing constantly? Thanks for any help...
  3. Don't see under Personalization > TASKBAR, 2 expected sections "Taskbar Corner Icons"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Don't see under Personalization > TASKBAR, 2 expected sections "Taskbar Corner Icons"...: I right-click an empty secton of the taskbar and then clicked "Taskbar Setting". Under Personalization > TASKBAR I expected to see 2 sections "Taskbar Corner Icons" and "Taskbar Corner Overflow". Instead I see s sections called "System Tray Icons" and "Other System Tray...
  4. Single-row taskbar with small icons **and* showing the date?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Single-row taskbar with small icons **and* showing the date?: I use a single-row taskbar so as not to use up vertical screen space, preserving as much of that as possible for documents and apps. I also enable "Use small taskbar buttons" because big icons take up horizontal space on the taskbar, allowing me to see less of the titles of...
  5. Single-row taskbar with small icons **and* showing the date?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Single-row taskbar with small icons **and* showing the date?: I use a single-row taskbar so as not to use up vertical screen space, preserving as much of that as possible for documents and apps. I also enable "Use small taskbar buttons" because big icons take up horizontal space on the taskbar, allowing me to see less of the titles of...
  6. Single-row taskbar with small icons **and* showing the date?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Taskbar reverts to one row with auto hide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar reverts to one row with auto hide: Running version 1903. I auto hide the Taskbar and have two rows of icons. After each re-boot, the Taskbar reverts to one row. With auto hide this occurs whether it's locked or unlocked. It will stick to two rows if turn off auto hide and lock it, but that's not what I want....
  8. 2 rows in taskbar how to you change back 1 row

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 rows in taskbar how to you change back 1 row: 2 rows in taskbar how to you change back 1 row https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-rows-in-taskbar-how-to-you-change-back-1-row/687a94e1-2ec7-469f-87b0-3475ae519b13
  9. Toolbar from 1 to 2 rows in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Toolbar from 1 to 2 rows in Taskbar: Hail: I have my taskbar set up with the normal icons on top in the first toolbar. Added a Game toolbar, which has one row. Tried to add a second row to it, as the first row became full. Several tries later in several ways, I failed to do this. The Game toolbar keeps...
  10. Allow for 2 rows of icons in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Allow for 2 rows of icons in taskbar?: Wondering if this feature still exists in Windows10 and how to accomplish it. Back in Win7, I could unlock the taskbar and make it wider. This allowed me to drop more icons into the taskbar and would allow me to have two rows of icons. With Win10 I can't seem to figure...