Windows 10: Don't Believe "Get Windows 10 - You're Good to Go"

Discus and support Don't Believe "Get Windows 10 - You're Good to Go" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; At least for Dell computers and probably others as well. My XPS 8100 running Win 7 said good to go and now that I've updated there is one significant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CalBear37, Aug 3, 2015.

1. CalBear37 Win User

Don't Believe "Get Windows 10 - You're Good to Go"

At least for Dell computers and probably others as well. My XPS 8100 running Win 7 said good to go and now that I've updated there is one significant problem and another possibly related to Win 10. The significant problem is that the Ethernet connection keeps dropping out. Amazingly Windows can actually "repair" it until it drops out again. I've installed the original Broadcom driver which may, or may not, help. My other problem was with the WAMP server that I had to replace with XAMPP.

The good news (a little late) is that Dell has a complete list of Dell computers that are actually good to go for Win 10. Für das Windows 10 Spring Creators Update und frühere Versionen von Windows 10 getestete Dell Computer | Dell Deutschland Also you can go to Dell support and enter your service code, select Drives and you may or may not get a note as shown here.

Don't Believe "Get Windows 10 - You're Good to Go" [​IMG]

Interesting note: My wife's computer running Win 7 was originally XP is "Good to go". I don't believe that for a microsecond.

:)

CalBear37, Aug 3, 2015
  2. Dave521r Win User

At least for Dell computers and probably others as well. My XPS 8100 running Win 10 said good to go and now that I've updated there is one significant problem and another possibly related to Win 10. The
    significant problem is that the Ethernet connection keeps dropping out. Amazingly Windows can actually "repair" it until it drops out again. I've installed the original Broadcom driver which may, or may not, help. My other problem was with the WAMP server
    that I had to replace with XAMPP.

The good news (a little late) is that Dell has a complete list of Dell computers that are actually good to go for Win 10. http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN297954 Also
    you can go to Dell support and enter your service code, select Drives and you may or may not get a note as shown here.

Don't Believe "Get Windows 10 - You're Good to Go" [​IMG]

Interesting note: My wife's computer running Win 7 was originally XP is "Good to go". I don't believe that for a microsecond. Its not on the Dell list.

Dave521r, Aug 3, 2015
  3. mslsml Win User

I have less than two years old Toshiba Windows 8.1 laptop, Microsoft app said good to go and everything is OK, I go on Toshiba support site where they have a list of the models which lazy Japanese support (they support only less than one year old products) with
    new drivers for Windows 10, they don't support at all my product for Windows 10, so no Windows 10. So if my product less than two years old product with installed Win 8.1 is not compatible with Windows 10, than what with those with Windows 7?

So no, don't believe at all Microsoft app for your product compatibility with Windows 10!

mslsml, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Don't Believe "Get Windows 10 - You're Good to Go" - Similar Threads - Don't Believe You're

2. Is Windows to go a good replacement for installing Windows on a HDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Windows to go a good replacement for installing Windows on a HDD?: I want to wipe my hard drive and install another OS, but there are still some programs that only work on Windows. I found out about Windows to go and I was wondering if it could be good for basic tasks and some small games. 180018
  3. Is Windows to go a good replacement for installing Windows on a HDD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Windows to go a good replacement for installing Windows on a HDD?: I want to wipe my hard drive and install another OS, but there are still some programs that only work on Windows. I found out about Windows to go and I was wondering if it could be good for basic tasks and some small games. 180018
  4. If you can help me you're a good boy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If you can help me you're a good boy: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/cebqc3j7lho51.png?width=1917&format=png&auto=webp&s=89c1c103612cf049a3743ec076d058173688ecf1 Simple question: Does anyone know how to remove this stupid widget built in to windows (right upper corner) to turn on and off your camera and...
  5. Windows 10 mods / 'helpers': If you're just going to skim and copy +paste answers, don't...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 mods / 'helpers': If you're just going to skim and copy +paste answers, don't...: I'm having a problem with my computer randomly going to the lock screen. If anyone wants to actually help: 1) All updates are downloaded. 2) problem started last month. 3) Lenovo Flex 5, it's a Tablet PC if that helps. 4) I didn't download anything new or...
  6. with windows 10 why don't we still get all the good programs we had on windows 8.1?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    with windows 10 why don't we still get all the good programs we had on windows 8.1?: Just recently purchased a laptop with windows 10 to replace my old windows 8.1 laptop, which had office home installed, I had dropped and thought it was had it. Now I find it still works, with a bit of masking tape here and there. My question is with windows 10 why don't we...
  7. Don't Believe "Get Windows 10 - You're Good to Go"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Don't Believe "Get Windows 10 - You're Good to Go": Sorry for the duplicate posting but I believe this is important. At least for Dell computers and probably others as well. My XPS 8100 running Win 7 said good to go and now that I've updated there is one significant problem and another possibly related to Win 10. The...
  8. store app updates - you're good to go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    store app updates - you're good to go: only a minor thing. But I never ever let the store app update apps automatically. I prefer not to let them update on their own just in case I shut down mid update in the background or something. these native apps are flakey enough without the risk. Anyways, I usually check...
  9. Good office alternatives for "WINDOWS "they don't exist.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Good office alternatives for "WINDOWS "they don't exist.: Notice I quoted Windows. I refuse to keep paying $100 a year for MS Office that I barely use since the program needs constant updating every week there is another update and on my other computers if I don't open the program for a week they get deactivated logged off. I...
  10. Windows 10 believes it is not on the network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 believes it is not on the network.: Hi - I've had troubles with Windows 10 since I upgraded from windows 7. I did a clean install of Windows 7 and then updated it .. then I let the Windows 10 upgrade roll. Everything mostly works. The problems is the word MOSTLY. the dingbats at Microsoft are seriously...